The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

The old debate is do we put Murdoch’s steel in the middle of the park and put Watson at RB- might help with height at the back and a bit more strength in the middle ?

^^^ THIS!!!!

Murdoch has been a defensive midfielder for his entire career, we are losing out on a top class player by playing him out of position IMO!!!

You never know, it could be Davidson is the LB we’ve been crying out for!!!

Need the manager to show and remind the players who's boss and not be afraid to change things up a bit when necessary. At the moment I think it's also possible that there are too many egos in the squad fully expecting to be in the starting XI week in week out.

My biggest criticism of the manager is that, in the past when we've hit a slump he doesn't seem to know how to get us out of it, whether its his own tactical nous, or the players at his disposal.

But, lets keep the faith, it's early days, win next week & everything is rosy again!

Spoiler

Need the manager to show and remind the players who's boss and not be afraid to change things up a bit when necessary. At the moment I think it's also possible that there are too many egos in the squad fully expecting to be in the starting XI week in week out.

Could be something in that, DY has always, ALWAYS said that if a player has the jersey and is starting and is playing well they keep their place!!!

Looks awful like that’s not true any more, when Janny, who was excellent at the back last week got punted for Dunlop yesterday!!!

A bit off topic here. Been watching the highlights of last week's game again today & I can't believe more has not been made of Kevin Smith's goal. Yes, Hamilton's was a long range effort, but the technique involved with Kev is not something we see every week at this level, goal of the season contender for me already!

Dundee reporting that they are in talks with insurance company regarding a pay out of business interruption insurance. Saying an interm settlement will be payed out before a final agreement is thrashed out. After the court ruling in favour of the insured companies will East Fife now be in line for a financial settlement as well. 

I see that’s Ross County and Inverness being allowed to let in a maximum of 300 fans in, as of right now, this ruling also means that the Highland League Clubs can also let their fans in as well (up to 300)!!!

Obviously it’s because they’re all in an area of the country designated as being “Tier 1”, fingers crossed we can keep the city dwelling unwashed out of God’s Country (Fife obvs), maintain ourselves at Tier 2 and move up a level or at least the rulings expand to let us clean living types in!!!

Would it be worth trying a back four of Murdoch, Watson, Dunlop & Higgins (on the left) ?
Was thinking the exact same thing recently. The issue is, despite LB being his natural position, I don't think Higgins has the engine/pace to play full back at this level anymore.
I'd like to see Dunsmore move back to the right back position and move Murdoch into the centre midfield to see how that would work out. Think we're far too light weight in the middle of the park.

5 minutes ago, monthefife said:
On 04/11/2020 at 18:55, King Kebab said:
Going to assume there’s still no chance of us getting into the Inverness game next week???

Highly unlikely, I'd have thought.

Worth a shout!!!

16 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Do East Fife put highlights up anywhere? Keen to see young Jack Hamilton's goals as I really rate him and was surprised he was sent out on loan. Seems to be doing well

Go onto the club's official website, under eftv & you'll get all our matches there. Saturday's is usually up by the Monday. He opened the scoring with a cracker v Montrose 2 weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Go onto the club's official website, under eftv & you'll get all our matches there. Saturday's is usually up by the Monday. He opened the scoring with a cracker v Montrose 2 weeks ago. 

How's he been playing other than the goals?