The East Fife Thread

Just received an email from the club this morning confirming the Falkirk game will be shown on EFTV if your a gold ticket holder. 

Im surprised by this a little why would Falkirk or any other club allow us to stream the game to our own fans. Surely Falkirk in this situation would want away fans signing up to their coverage.  

We always ask out of courtesy but away clubs don’t need permission from the home team to stream matches overseas. The home club only restriction applies to domestic viewers only.

2 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Money distributed a couple of months ago. Not sure exactly how it was divided up and stand to be corrected but I think Divs 1 and 2 got £50K each.

Great, I'd like to place on record my thanks to the guy. Was worried that money had been dependant on Anne Budge's proposals.

Still, Nicola let some fans in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, LauraEFFC said:

We always ask out of courtesy but away clubs don’t need permission from the home team to stream matches overseas. The home club only restriction applies to domestic viewers only.

Thanks Laura that’ll explain it. As I’m an expat living in Belgium I’m just glad I’ll be able to see the game tomorrow.

Edited by ABVO

Did Falkirk both goals come down our left side? I never expected anything from this afternoon if we lose to Dumbarton next weekend then alarm bells might just start to set off that we're going to be struggling at the wrong end. 

Edited by Rbon

On 30/10/2020 at 14:33, Life on Marrs? said:

Great, I'd like to place on record my thanks to the guy. Was worried that money had been dependant on Anne Budge's proposals.

Still, Nicola let some fans in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is supposed to be used for the good of the community, presumably this does not mean buying/paying players etc.

Didn’t see the game today but I’m not ready to panic yet. The computer could hardly have given us a harder start to the season, with cove away, Falkirk away, and Partick away in our first 5 games. Dumbarton game at home next week certainly has the feeling of a must win if only to get some confidence. Dumbartons win today is a reminder that it will be another very tough game. 

58 minutes ago, peternapper said:

It is supposed to be used for the good of the community, presumably this does not mean buying/paying players etc.

Yes, I know but if that can free up monies for clubs to perhaps divert cash to where its needed, then it can only be good for all. Certainly greatful for it. 

With arguably the most settled squad in the lower tiers, we should be hitting the ground running. We've a tough run of fixtures & we're only 3 points behind the play offs though, but I'd agree, next week's game could prove significant in the season we have. 

It was always going to be a difficult start to the season with Cove away, Montrose at home and Falkirk away. The big worry is the number of goals we are losing. The only positive was some of the Football we played against Montrose in spells. The game against Dumbarton next week is a huge game for us even this early in the season - we can’t afford to be left adrift at the bottom.
Looking at our squad, most fans were quite happy with the players we kept. Are we stronger than last season ? Personally, I don’t think we are any stronger. Hamilton may prove to be better than Dowds or not, Swanson looks like Kevin Smiths replacement on the treatment table and Collins so far has looked like Lewis Hunter in terms of not being able to make the step up from Lowland League. I hope he proves me wrong. For me, we didn’t address the problem of lack of height and strength in the team and opponents now know what we have and can predict how we will play and how they will play against us.
I know it has been difficult to bring players in for many reasons but this league is stronger than it’s been since we came up. Already there have been some strange scores in this league so it’s vital we get three points next week before the break for the Betfred cup ties to give some confidence. Mon the Fife

Cove and Falkirk are going to be at the top end of the table and if we had picked up a point or two out of those two games i would have been pleased. The draw to Montrose is the most concerning we were 2-0 up last week but not at any stage did we actually look any good and Montrose could have and possibly should've come away with a win. 

Edited by Rbon

It was always going to be a difficult start to the season with Cove away, Montrose at home and Falkirk away. The big worry is the number of goals we are losing. The only positive was some of the Football we played against Montrose in spells. The game against Dumbarton next week is a huge game for us even this early in the season - we can’t afford to be left adrift at the bottom.
Looking at our squad, most fans were quite happy with the players we kept. Are we stronger than last season ? Personally, I don’t think we are any stronger. Hamilton may prove to be better than Dowds or not, Swanson looks like Kevin Smiths replacement on the treatment table and Collins so far has looked like Lewis Hunter in terms of not being able to make the step up from Lowland League. I hope he proves me wrong. For me, we didn’t address the problem of lack of height and strength in the team and opponents now know what we have and can predict how we will play and how they will play against us.
I know it has been difficult to bring players in for many reasons but this league is stronger than it’s been since we came up. Already there have been some strange scores in this league so it’s vital we get three points next week before the break for the Betfred cup ties to give some confidence. Mon the Fife
This. A thousand times, this. Distinct lack of height compared other sides.

This. A thousand times, this. Distinct lack of height compared other sides.

Agreed- we have been conceding from set pieces now for a number of years- it is so frustrating.

Thought yesterday was a flat performance- no energy or pace in the side!

We need to win the midfield battle first and we have not looked good here this year. A return of Dunsmore on the right will greatly help re pace .

The old debate is do we put Murdoch’s steel in the middle of the park and put Watson at RB- might help with height at the back and a bit more strength in the middle ?

We now need to go on one of our winning streaks- we can get goals but as others have said we need to stop conceding easy ones