The East Fife Thread

When will overseas PPV for this Saturday's game be available?

Impressed with the Gold package. Wish Montrose had something similar but overall don't grudge buying a season ticket, despite missing the early bird discount due to having to wait for announcement of PPV prices.

East Fife TV's discount for people like myself who won't in all probability be able to attend any matches seems  really generous and fair-minded. Kudos to Liam and others for this.

Hoping the PPV is also fairly priced for overseas subscribers, though I recognise there is no real justification for making it cheaper. £7.00 last season was really good value. 

When will overseas PPV for this Saturday's game be available?
Impressed with the Gold package. Wish Montrose had something similar but overall don't grudge buying a season ticket, despite missing the early bird discount due to having to wait for announcement of PPV prices.
East Fife TV's discount for people like myself who won't in all probability be able to attend any matches seems  really generous and fair-minded. Kudos to Liam and others for this.
Hoping the PPV is also fairly priced for overseas subscribers, though I recognise there is no real justification for making it cheaper. £7.00 last season was really good value. 

PPV prices for Saturday will be announced probably tomorrow. However, there won’t be any difference in price for overseas subscribers compared to UK viewers.

Good to see you can now buy a half time draw ticket since we can’t get into the stadium, miss buying one on match days!
definitely worth a tenner if you buy five mind you..though could be better advertise and have a two winners draw with the 1st winner get 50% of the winnings and 2nd prize could be from a bottle of something to a gift voucher to anything worth the suggestion to bring in the numbers for better entertainment at home.

like the idea on the club shop!

0C32CBFF-4249-47C4-AF43-C62EEC2E7E40.png

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Good to see you can now buy a half time draw ticket since we can’t get into the stadium, miss buying one on match days!
definitely worth a tenner if you buy five mind you..though could be better advertise and have a two winners draw with the 1st winner get 50% of the winnings and 2nd prize could be from a bottle of something to a gift voucher to anything worth the suggestion to bring in the numbers for better entertainment at home.

like the idea on the club shop!

0C32CBFF-4249-47C4-AF43-C62EEC2E7E40.png

Great idea. 

Still think it should be a winner & runner up draw to make it fun and more chances to win since the paying customers all at home.

obviously 50% stake win the other half going towards club and runners up getting a prize of gift voucher or that but hey ho just a idea in the future.

Top praise to the volunteers involved in the streaming. Personally it really is a poor substitute for the match day experience. I don’t think you’ll need Carol Vordermans mathematical brain to see that all the players wages and overheads involved in running a football club these figures just don’t add up. With no prospect of crowds returning any time soon it is going to be incredibly tough for football clubs to stay financially afloat. 

Top praise to the volunteers involved in the streaming. Personally it really is a poor substitute for the match day experience. I don’t think you’ll need Carol Vordermans mathematical brain to see that all the players wages and overheads involved in running a football club these figures just don’t add up. With no prospect of crowds returning any time soon it is going to be incredibly tough for football clubs to stay financially afloat. 

Yep. Dundee U now planning wage cuts and deferrals tonight.
I’m surprised smaller clubs are able to continue this far under the circumstances....

Whilst I trust the board to get things right, I too am a bit worried about the current situation. I'm particularly concerned that all the clubs at our level will have thought there would be at least a % of fans allowed into the stadiums by now but it's just not going to happen it seems. I wouldn't be surprised also if, much with a lot of teams, we've budgeted for having fans through the door (you can argue the pros and cons of having done so at a later date). With only 100 or so PAYG fans and no matchday income in terms of hospitality, it really is difficult to see how the majority of clubs can afford to operate like this over the next few months. 

Peterhead yesterday made a lot of staff redundant, mostly match day hospitality staff. Thier first game of the season had 69 people paying £10 each to stream the game, they'd normally take in a 5-figure sum, can't keep racking up these kind of losses. 

If we were allowed say 300-400 fans in, how do you choose who gets in? The club won't get anything if its season tickets only, but will incur associated costs. Its the walk up & pay punters we need. Would also think, hospitality, bars and pie stall would be at best greatly reduced. Away fans won't travel in numbers either if at all. 

The issue seems to be with thousands of supporters all travelling at once, congregating outside & swamping public transport, which rightly would be madness at the moment, rather than social distancing inside the ground. People's jobs and businesses are going, but we expect football to get a free pass. 

On the other hand the previous test events went well, we looked like we were getting somewhere. Do our politicians have any knowledge of leagues 1&2 with modest crowds, where we can perhaps be a testing ground for higher level crowds returning?

Whatever happened to the James Anderson, saviour of scottish football money? That's went a bit quiet. 

Just received an email from the club this morning confirming the Falkirk game will be shown on EFTV if your a gold ticket holder. 

Im surprised by this a little why would Falkirk or any other club allow us to stream the game to our own fans. Surely Falkirk in this situation would want away fans signing up to their coverage.  

Edited by ABVO

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

The issue seems to be with thousands of supporters all travelling at once, congregating outside & swamping public transport, which rightly would be madness at the moment, rather than social distancing inside the ground. People's jobs and businesses are going, but we expect football to get a free pass. 

On the other hand the previous test events went well, we looked like we were getting somewhere. Do our politicians have any knowledge of leagues 1&2 with modest crowds, where we can perhaps be a testing ground for higher level crowds returning?

Whatever happened to the James Anderson, saviour of scottish football money? That's went a bit quiet. 

The amount he donated has probably saved most of the 1st  and  2nd Div. clubs. Are you a bit upset it’s not a monthly event ?

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Agreed... its really frustrating, its not the spacing of 1, 2 or 3 thousand fans inside the stadium, its the logistics of reducing the densities in getting everyone there and away again.  Would people comply with (eg)  North stand entry = between 1:30 - 2:00, then South stand entry = 2:00 - 2:30? etc.  And then the reverse leaving?  Would be pretty crap at best, even worse we're now heading into wintertime,  the whole exercise could last about 4 hours... Add extra costs for policing, stewards... What about late-comers? Refused entry?  

I remember being at Scotland away games when we were kept behind in a stadium for at least 40 minutes, eg the San Siro, while they let all the home fans out and away back into the city centre. Be really interesting to know more detail of the Man U scheme that's been knocked back - just how were they were proposing to get 23,000 in and out of OT safely? 

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn