The East Fife Thread

Why would you want them to get tore in, 5 days before our season kicks off. I certainly wasn't perturbed by the scoreline! A guy gets lucky where everything that leaves his foot ends up in the net. Hell never do that again, and I wouldn't want any of our defense or midfield getting injured trying to stop him in a friendly at M&D's.

Cracking hatrick he scored though. But in fairness, Hamilton should have buried 3 or 4 simple chances.

Hopefully that's the equivalent of the starts of last season against Cowden out the way , before we play them.

The Fife defence just don't seem to cope with non league sides! Plenty to think about that's for sure.

Purely based on the line ups for the recent friendly games, I'm guessing, assuming everyone is fit and available, we'll line up something like this...

Long

Murdoch - Dunlop - Higgins - Slattery

Dunsmore - Davidson - Agnew - Swanson

Wallace - Hamilton

It's a strong looking team with plenty of options on the bench, particularly in attack.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Purely based on the line ups for the recent friendly games, I'm guessing, assuming everyone is fit and available, we'll line up something like this...

Long

Murdoch - Dunlop - Higgins - Slattery

Dunsmore - Davidson - Agnew - Swanson

Wallace - Hamilton

It's a strong looking team with plenty of options on the bench, particularly in attack.

This is how I'd line up, though I have been impressed with Denholm in pre-season. 

I actually think both Craig Watson and Danny Denholm have done a reasonable job of making Darren Young re-think his centre-back pairing options and wingers. If it's a 4-4-2, I'd like to see;

Long
Murdoch Dunlop Watson Slattery
Swanson Davidson Agnew Denholm
Wallace Hamilton

FT
East Fife 2-0 Cowdenbeath
Jack Hamilton (68mins)
Ryan Wallace (81mins)
Pretty flat 1st half from us but upped it a bit in the second and deservedly won.
Make sure you catch the highlights to see Wallace’s goal, possible GotS already!!!
Cowdenbeath very well organised and looked well up for it but class showed out in the end, Mullen a possible MotM, don’t remember him playing that well when he was with us!!!

Happy with the result as we don’t have a very good record against Cowdenbeath. Players still look rusty and it’s going to take a while to get back up to speed. Ryan Wallace best for the Fife , Cowdenbeath keeper pulled of some decent stops.  All in all a decent run out and good game time for the team. 

Scrappy first half where I felt we let Cowden dominate the midfield too much. Second half was much better and it was very comfortable in the end. Some definite flashes of class from Swanson and a competitive debut goal from Hamilton. Absolute pearler of a goal from Ryan Wallace and it was great to see Kev Smith back setting him up. We generally looked pretty solid at the back too.

Definitely take that.

Cowdenbeath were definitely the better team in the first half. The EF midfield went missing .Not sure where  the long ball from defence to attack , bypassing midfield, came from. Second half , a different story.EF up the pace, playing through midfield, and cou;d and should have scored many more.

I found both the quality of the stream  and the preamble on interviewing the managerial staff really excellent.Well done EFTV.

Additionally I found the new LED floodlights gave better lighting.

Missed the game as I was working, not a bad thing as Cowden are a bogey team for me! 3 points, a cleansheet and top of a tough group will do. Can't help but say it's been a brutal year for most of us and let's hope the majority of our clubs survive.

What a would do for a few beers and a wee sing song at Starks Park with a few pals on Sat! Mon the Fife

15 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

I found both the quality of the stream  and the preamble on interviewing the managerial staff really excellent.Well done EFTV.

10/10 for everyone involved. The stream stayed up the whole game. Camera work, commentary, whole thing was excellent.

Don't know if it was just me but the stream was a bit more stuttery and not as smooth as it has been when I've used it in the past?

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

10/10 for everyone involved. The stream stayed up the whole game. Camera work, commentary, whole thing was excellent.

Don't know if it was just me but the stream was a bit more stuttery and not as smooth as it has been when I've used it in the past?

We had an issue with high CPU usage right at the start but from the feedback we have received so far it would appear the stream held up well thereafter. Replays will come, unfortunately Laura got a wee bit too excited at Waldo’s goal so missed the opporchancity to replay it. It was a bit nerve wracking for us tonight as we really felt a lot of responsibility to give a good product. Everything will improve week on week, we are totally committed to doing that. Highlights will be available ASAP. Hopefully have alternative angle highlights as well. 

Edited by LiamA

Would be very interested to know what the 'crowd" was.

Additionally I feel that the Chairman must inform the general public what the situation is at Bayview both financial and actual.There are locals who would not have known that tonight's game was on EFTV never mind that EFTV exists..How do we as a club reach out to the locals?

19 minutes ago, LiamA said:

We had an issue with high CPU usage right at the start but from the feedback we have received so far it would appear the stream held up well thereafter. Replays will come, unfortunately Laura got a wee bit too excited at Waldo’s goal so missed the opporchancity to replay it. It was a bit nerve wracking for us tonight as we really felt a lot of responsibility to give a good product. Everything will improve week on week, we are totally committed to doing that. Highlights will be available ASAP. Hopefully have alternative angle highlights as well. 

I found the stream stuttered at first but became better after around 20 minutes or so.

Assuming it's Pixellot, it didn't seam a great quality picture, but, big but, under the circumstances people should be grateful to be watching a live game and remain safe in the process.

I hope that the tech is picked up by your and especially away supporters, as Scottish football needs this to keep going.

Thought we were really poor for the first 30 minutes and Cowden could have been ahead, but we grew into the game and had loads of chances at the end. That pass from Kev was just as good as the goal.

Edited by Big Fifer

41 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I found the stream stuttered at first but became better after around 20 minutes or so.

Assuming it's Pixellot, it didn't seam a great quality picture, but, big but, under the circumstances people should be grateful to be watching a live game and remain safe in the process.

I hope that the tech is picked up by your and especially away supporters, as Scottish football needs this to keep going.

Liam/Laura will be able to confirm but I don't think we're using Pixellot, I've seen all the clubs using it posting out apologies for the shite service they provided tonight. The picture quality could definitely be better for us but I was very happy with the product.

Is it just the home clubs allowed to live stream these games? So we watch on Raith's equivalent on Saturday?