The East Fife Thread

Thought the number 17 looked good when he came on he always loved a tackle in the middle of the park and sees a pass and few on to on passes aswell from him that I liked about him through second half period, just a concern in the first half when Dunfermline got in pass our back line 3/4 times and even though I love to see Slattery starting at left back I would like to see us bring in a option on that side of the park. Couple penalty decision that didn’t go in our favour one at the end when Newton got elbowed and on a competitive game their boy Bragg would have been showed a red card for being last man in a challenge but overall good display and positive progress towards the cup tournament group games. Had no issue with EfTV thought the interviews were good to hear from both managers and also hear from Denholm at Ht.

Met a fellow season ticket holder in Morrisons today and he asked me how he could transfer East Fife tv from his phone to his tv. I wasn’t sure as he has a Huawei phone which I am not familiar with. He also said that a number of fellow season ticket holders do not have access to the technology required to watch the upcoming games covered by the season tickets which look increasingly unlikely to have crowds allowed.
This got me thinking of how to rectify this and make the Club some much needed cash at this financially challenging time. Could the club open the bars in the stadium on match day and have everyone socially distanced the same as pubs. The blinds could be closed upstairs so fans can’t see the pitch. The game could then be streamed to the TVs in the lounge. This would allow season ticket holders who have no access to the required technology to see the game and it would also allow sales at the bar to help increase revenue for the Club. Would this infringe any rules ? It may also be possible to tie in with a couple of local pubs who may be able to do the same.
Really feel for those who have put their money into the Club but will be unable to see the games - no fault of theirs or the Club who are doing a great job in these difficult times but this is maybe an idea which benefits both parties.

13 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

Met a fellow season ticket holder in Morrisons today and he asked me how he could transfer East Fife tv from his phone to his tv. I wasn’t sure as he has a Huawei phone which I am not familiar with. He also said that a number of fellow season ticket holders do not have access to the technology required to watch the upcoming games covered by the season tickets which look increasingly unlikely to have crowds allowed.
This got me thinking of how to rectify this and make the Club some much needed cash at this financially challenging time. Could the club open the bars in the stadium on match day and have everyone socially distanced the same as pubs. The blinds could be closed upstairs so fans can’t see the pitch. The game could then be streamed to the TVs in the lounge. This would allow season ticket holders who have no access to the required technology to see the game and it would also allow sales at the bar to help increase revenue for the Club. Would this infringe any rules ? It may also be possible to tie in with a couple of local pubs who may be able to do the same.
Really feel for those who have put their money into the Club but will be unable to see the games - no fault of theirs or the Club who are doing a great job in these difficult times but this is maybe an idea which benefits both parties.

Other teams are using the social clubs to broadcast games with a ticket system to book in/pay for the game.  

I would more than likely buy a seat in the bar if we were to do it and can think others certainly would too. 

I understand that Hibs corporate season ticket holders can attend the suite at Easter Road to watch streams of the away games. This is maybe something that the club could look at not only for home games but to bring in revenue every week. Sell spaces for the away games to all, and home games could be reserved for season ticket holders for free. Assuming as long as no more than 2no households per table then it’s in compliance. Sounds simple but I’m sure there are numerous hoops to jump through.

It’s difficult to reply on the subject of opening the lounge, streaming and hospitality without sounding negative or critical. However here goes with what I hope is realistic.
The lounge will only hold about 30 socially distanced customers.

Will any more than 20% of ST holders not have access ?
In theory no car sharing so a fair % would be lone drivers not having a drink.

It would be table service so at least one server and one behind the bar  -  minimum 8 hours wages unless volunteers.

How many non ST holders will travel to the club to pay £5/£10 ??? to watch the game ?
Absolutely best case 30 customers buy 3 drinks each. Revenue £100 ? Profit on drink £50 ?

Great that the ideas keep coming but I think the restriction on no’s  mean this will only generate minimal profit.  The funding idea is great and well supported by mostly “regulars” but under current conditions there is a limit to how much disposable cash there is.

Looks a bloody tough division?
Upcoming season looks set to be the toughest Scottish League 1 for some time. Think a realistic expectation would be to finish anywhere around mid-table, 4th-6th which I'd be delighted with. Particularly given the fact that judging from the fixture list, we'll be facing the potential league contenders away from home twice. Obviously just avoiding the relegation play offs is a priority, but I'd be disappointed if we finished 7th or lower.

For me we have to be aiming for the playoffs but this season I won't be as disappointed as I was last if we don't make it, it's a much harder league and clearly the board recognise that with the additional signings of Hamilton and Swanson. I'd say we're slightly stronger than we were last year, but I think every team in the league has strengthened, albeit some of them with more left-field signings (see Airdrieonians!). I personally think if we're to be getting 4th or better, the guys up front have to be battering in at least 13-14 goals in this shortened season

On 29/09/2020 at 08:57, Wee Jockie said:

For an exile. Predictions for the season?

I think the aim for this season has to be top 4. We've been close the past couple of seasons and, if anything, I think we're marginally stronger this season, compared to last. Losing Dowds was a blow but young Jack Hamilton looks like he can fill that gap. Danny Swanson is an excellent signing, Thomas Collins looks like he'll add something and Kevin Smith being fit should be like a new signing.

That said, it does look a very tough and very tight league this year. I think we have to be realistic and say finishing above the two full time teams in both Partick and Falkirk would be an enormous ask. We kept ourselves right in the title race for most of last season but Falkirk should be stronger this season and Partick really should be challenging them.

Beyond them, I think Airdrie are, justifiably, most people's favourites for "best of the rest". They grew into a very solid team through last season and could well have pushed for the title in the final quarter if it had been played. They still have the core of that team with a few wildcard signings so we'll have to wait and see what they add. I'd see ourselves, Montrose and Cove as part of that second group where each of those four clubs should really be aiming for one of the two remaining play-off spots. It won't be easy finishing above two or three of them but it is achievable and that should be the aim.

Of the remaining four teams (Dumbarton, Clyde, Peterhead, Forfar), I don't think there are any mugs by a long stretch and it shouldn't be a given that we'll comfortably finish above all four but I do think they're all lacking the overall squad quality of the other six sides so I'd be very dissapointed if we ended up in a relegation scrap just fighting for survival.

Edited by Gordon EF

On 29/09/2020 at 08:57, Wee Jockie said:

For an exile. Predictions for the season?

Anything above fifth place! That’s just braw.☀️

Yeah this looks like it’ll be a tough league with thistle replacing Raith and Cove replacing Stranraer, the clubs have attracted some good players over the pandemic/summer but just like any other season it’s what’s out on the pitch matters with a 27 fixture season i don’t see why not?.

It looks like league one & two will have the choice of five subs this season, as we have a full squad plus the young ones it will give everyone a opportunity to get a game even from the bench. Think it will give us advantage over the full time teams we will find out more so? The start of the Betfred cup is six days away may I also add.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
league subs will be five this season

Won't be having any of the "ah well, it's only a meaningless friendly" patter. Whichever way you look at it, that's a dreadful result. Fair play to Braves though. Got stuck in from beginning to end and got their deserved win. The chunky sized hat trick hero for Braves played a blinder tonight.

Biggest thing to take from the match for me, was just how much the EF players could have learnt a thing or two from Braves on how to close down opposing players outside the 18 yard box. Very poor and incredibly lazy. Hope Darren sorts this out before Tuesday.