The East Fife Thread

6 hours ago, LauraEFFC said:

All season ticket holders should have now received an email (check your junk/spam folder) with details on how to sign up for the live streaming element of their season ticket.

If not, please contact the club office asap to check your details are correct.

Do you know when we can expect to hear about PPV prices for the games Laura? 

I see the lowland league fixtures are out today and notice they’ve all got a double header with ther local rivals on Boxing Day and then a week later the fixture reversed on jan 2nd,I’ve said before this would be a great idea,imagine 2 games in a week v rovers,home and away,although it would be Falkirk this season 

Scorers were Dunsmore Hamilton Watt Agnew-with an absolute 30 yard howitzer and Denholm. Calumn Tapping for Stenhousemuir.

Hamilton looked like a good old-fashioned centre forward  with Swanson looking like a classy midfielder. Both should do very well in this league.

All players played at least 45 minutes including Mc Conville,Laird,who I thought was very promising,and Newton.There were also a couple of trialists.

I must admit that with this being the first friendly of the season,I was mightily impressed.A few slack moments-yes-but hopefully these will be rectified as the season progresses.

I thought that the quality of the stream was patchy with the link going down for 5 minutes approx.second half.

Thought the two East Fife line-ups (for each half) looked bright, sharp and willing to go the extra mile tonight which was just what we wanted to see. Couple of stand outs for me. Swanson in the first half just oozes class and that was without really having to get out of first gear. Very excited to see what he has to offer for the upcoming season. Also thought it was a solid debut performance from young, Jack Hamilton who looked hungry, held the ball up really well and easily brushed off his opposing defenders. Delighted that he got himself a goal. (Just a shame we never got to see it!). 

Second half got off to a bit of a disastrous start, where a poor clearance led to Stenny scoring an absolute screamer. But it was pleasing to see how quickly we picked ourselves up and pretty much rode out the rest of the match comfortably. Good ball possession and movement off the ball. I was really impressed with 'McLaughin'  in the second half (youth player or trialist?) who was energetic and determined to close people down in the midfield.
What a belter of a goal from Agnew tonight...

Excellent start to the pre-season. I know it's just the one game, but that result will be a real confidence booster and will do wonders for team morale. 

Thought the EFTV coverage was OK. Hate to be critical but it did seem a bit "jumpier" than usual. Maybe just poor connection issues at Stenhousemuir? 

Well done all involved at the club! Very promising! 

Only caught bits and pieces of the game and obviously there are plenty of caveats (first friendly in months, poor opposition, lots of changes) but we did look incredibly comfortable last night and what a player we've got in Swanson.

Can't wait for the real stuff to start.

15 hours ago, monthefife said:

Thought the two East Fife line-ups (for each half) looked bright, sharp and willing to go the extra mile tonight which was just what we wanted to see. Couple of stand outs for me. Swanson in the first half just oozes class and that was without really having to get out of first gear. Very excited to see what he has to offer for the upcoming season. Also thought it was a solid debut performance from young, Jack Hamilton who looked hungry, held the ball up really well and easily brushed off his opposing defenders. Delighted that he got himself a goal. (Just a shame we never got to see it!). 

Second half got off to a bit of a disastrous start, where a poor clearance led to Stenny scoring an absolute screamer. But it was pleasing to see how quickly we picked ourselves up and pretty much rode out the rest of the match comfortably. Good ball possession and movement off the ball. I was really impressed with 'McLaughin'  in the second half (youth player or trialist?) who was energetic and determined to close people down in the midfield.
What a belter of a goal from Agnew tonight...

Excellent start to the pre-season. I know it's just the one game, but that result will be a real confidence booster and will do wonders for team morale. 

Thought the EFTV coverage was OK. Hate to be critical but it did seem a bit "jumpier" than usual. Maybe just poor connection issues at Stenhousemuir? 

Well done all involved at the club! Very promising! 

MTF, we peaked at 240 viewers last night & the vast majority said the stream was good. It is not always the streaming feed that causes problems but the viewer's own internet connection can also be an issue. We are always looking at ways to improve the stream & will continue to do so. Stick with us on that.

57 minutes ago, LiamA said:

MTF, we peaked at 240 viewers last night & the vast majority said the stream was good. It is not always the streaming feed that causes problems but the viewer's own internet connection can also be an issue. We are always looking at ways to improve the stream & will continue to do so. Stick with us on that.

That's significantly more viewers than I'd have expected, especially considering this wasn't available PPV! 

50 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

That's significantly more viewers than I'd have expected, especially considering this wasn't available PPV! 

We have nearly 300 season ticket holders & Stenny nearly 200 so probably only half decided to tune in! The big test will come when we have to stream to 600-900 for a home game. I would imagine that whilst say 150 Montrose supporters would attend a game at Bayview there could be 400 want to watch it from their own homes + all of our fans. Will be great to try it out though! 

7 hours ago, LiamA said:

My Internet was the issue for mine. Ended up streaming it on the phone