The East Fife Thread

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Daniel Church any good? Coming in on trial with us.

Underwhelming is the most apt description of his time with us. I really wanted to see him come good, but he never really got a run of games. 

Would be surprised if he cut it at upper championship level though, just proves you tend to get more opportunities if you've ex old firm.

20 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

My postman has just been. Yeah, it's 19:00, what are you gonna do? However...

IMG_20200902_190755.jpeg

Absolute cracker of a shirt. 

On 02/09/2020 at 14:37, MethilMink said:

He was poor but always got the benefit of the doubt because he was young. Will never forget his missed header at Starks... 

Will be shocked if he signs for Dundee's first team.

Wouldn't be shocked if his trial was just a Ross Wallace-type situation, where he'll just be here for the training before getting a move elsewhere.

Tambo "Shotgun" Collins retweeting left leaning politics on his twitter. Not only has he shot instantly to my top 3 of our squad but "I'm sticking a fiver in him and Janny" to be scrapping over Trump by the end of November.

I'm surprised it's taken this long... EUOunyxWkAAS_IJ.jpeg

Why are the badge and manufacture badge so close together?!!

Dont forget that's an extra fat b*****d size, it doesn't look so bad on the ones the team are wearing... [emoji1]

I guess they wanted them on the gold square so they stood out. Personally I dont have a problem with it, I think it's the best designed and made bespoke kit we've had. The others have just been a simple front, back, and 2 sleeves, but this one has raglan sleeves, the "airtex" material in the armpit and down the sides, and a proper embroidered badge.

Oh, and also a non-hideous sponsor which they appear to have actually thought about when it comes to placement on the shirt, it fits the pattern perfectly.

LIGHTING UP BAYVIEW (An update from Fifers For The Community)

Unfortunately we missed the planned start date for installation but work did start on Monday 31st August.  John Donaldson spent time on the Monday morning going through all the Health and Safety / Risk Assessment procedures with the contractors.

Progress was good during Monday and Tuesday with one pylon being completed by Tuesday night but since then wind conditions have prevented any high level work being done. As I write on Monday morning 7th September the wind is still preventing any work being done up high but the contractors have been carrying out prep work on cables and fittings. Fingers crossed now for some nice calm weather.

Although precise fitting by fitting positioning is still to be done the full LED lighting on the completed pylon was tested last Wednesday night and feedback from those who saw it was that the level of light produced was excellent.

Any questions on the new floodlighting please send to fftc@btinternet.com

47 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Exactly what we need. Looks to be another good signing. I think we're a left back away from a completed squad right now. 

Yeah just that side of the squad a concern despite only having Pat playing there I like see him more forward or have a option there as were quite overloaded on the right with Watson, Dunsmore and Murdoch could play there. But what a epic loan signing from the PL.

Exactly what we need. Looks to be another good signing. I think we're a left back away from a completed squad right now. 
Agreed. Despite the very little service he got, I was really impressed when he played up front against Rangers on his own. Think we need cover/competition for the Left back position and that should be the whole squad ready.

From Skyline Drifter in the QOS thread.

"Strong, quite mobile, good in the air, physical forward. Not necessarily going to score a lot of goals but works hard and holds the ball up. Still a bit raw but he's had a lot of football for someone only 20. I think ideally you'd want to play him alongside a goalgetter rather than expect him to be one but he has a chance in the game if he keeps developing."

Sounds a bit like Dowds.

Sounds like a good signing, guess Cameron Innes won't be coming now tho. I remember seeing Jack Hamilton in one of the Friday night games on bbc, scoring for Qos against Dundee against his namesake, wouldn't think that's happened often. 

There's only 2 Jack Hamiltons! 

Let's hope the test games go well this weekend & the government don't call a halt, like Westminster have & we might just actually get to see the lad in action!