The East Fife Thread

8 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Would think after spending the 1st half of last season at Raith, then being on the fringes at Hibs before the shutdown, coming back to league 1 would be seen as a backward step in Gullan's development, surely Championship would be his destination, if going out again?

That said any of the 3 would be ideal, height might be a priority though. 

I'd say it would be a sideways move rather than a backwards step. Riding the bench scraping a few minutes here and there would be a backwards step. I totally agree that if a Championship club comes in for him then he will be off there though. I'd imagine Raith would take him back. 

In terms of height Cameron is 6'2", Gullan 6'0" & Glass 5'8" according to what I can find. I don't think the squad height aspect is as much of an issue as others do. I see it more as a player mindset thing. If you have a smaller squad then you should look to try to reduce the number of times you play the ball high &/or long for a start. 

11 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Would think after spending the 1st half of last season at Raith, then being on the fringes at Hibs before the shutdown, coming back to league 1 would be seen as a backward step in Gullan's development, surely Championship would be his destination, if going out again?. 

I would be hugely surprised if they didn’t offer Gullan back to Raith. He’d be an immediate starter, at the Championship level and playing with a team he knows well and a coach that likes his style of play and worked with him last year, much to the pleasure of Hibs. That being said, with the increased subs and injury concerns, I’m not sure he’s moving.