The East Fife Thread

So getting to a match at (New) Bayview is one of the final few grounds I have left to tick off the list. I've no faith that we'll be back inside grounds even in a couple of months but it looks like a well placed step ladder may allow you to view the game from behind one of the goals?

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

So getting to a match at (New) Bayview is one of the final few grounds I have left to tick off the list. I've no faith that we'll be back inside grounds even in a couple of months but it looks like a well placed step ladder may allow you to view the game from behind one of the goals?

I’m kinda hoping we visit your ground instead is it still called the tulloch Caledonian stadium?

2 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I’m kinda hoping we visit your ground instead is it still called the tulloch Caledonian stadium?

Yeah it is. Some renaming of certain areas of the ground since we last played you guys (over 20 years ago!) and of course we've had the stands up behind the goals since then. 

35 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah it is. Some renaming of certain areas of the ground since we last played you guys (over 20 years ago!) and of course we've had the stands up behind the goals since then. 

Yeah it looks a lot nicer now with good looking stands behind your goals I see, but yeah I always wanted to play you guys a ground I haven’t yet ticked off so yeah I’m hoping we go there instead yous coming to bayview...hopefully have the two Derby’s at home but again I’m not bothered who we have home or away the group looks decent from our point of view it’s how we play on the day. Certainly long time no seen that 20 years ago...

It'll be good to see wee Robbo again. He'll always be an East Fife legend for that game up in Aberdeen. I'll always remember having my head in my hands on the way up when he came on the radio giving  it "we're playing 4-4-2 and we're going to have a go at them".😂

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Wee trivia point...

Getting Inverness in the League Cup now means that there is only Two Clubs we haven’t played this Century!!!

We last played ICT in Season 1998-99, it just means we now have only Celtic and Hibs left to drag into the 2000’s having last played them in Seasons 1983-84 and 1989-90 respectively!!!

Maybe we’ll get lucky in the next round of this Cup or in Scottish this Season!!!

When did you play Cove? I had a quick look online but could not see anything. Obviously, you will play them this season but could not find a previous meeting.

9 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

When did you play Cove? I had a quick look online but could not see anything. Obviously, you will play them this season but could not find a previous meeting.

We’ve never played Cove but I didn’t include them as we’ll be facing them 3 times this season including the Season opener!!!

This is our full list...

East Fife - Season 2020-21

2019-20

Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir, Dundee United, Heart of Midlothian, Clyde, Peterhead, Stirling Albion, Rangers, Airdrieonians, Raith Rovers, Forfar Athletic, Montrose, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Stranraer, 

2018-19

St. Johnstone, Brechin City, Arbroath, Partick Thistle, Queen of the South, Berwick Rangers, Greenock Morton, Ross County

2017-18

Dunfermline Athletic, Elgin City, Ayr United, Alloa Athletic, Albion Rovers, Queens Park

2016-17

Dundee, Edinburgh City, St. Mirren, Livingston

2015-16

Annan Athletic, Motherwell

2011-12

Aberdeen, Kilmarnock

2003-04

Hamilton Academical

1998-99

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 

1989-90

Hibernian 

1983-84

Celtic

Never Played:

Cove Rangers

Full Article from the club website

In August 2017 Fifers For The Community (FFTC) assumed responsibility for the maintenance and management of the 3G pitch and introduction of community use at Bayview. Our first winter immediately highlighted that use of the floodlights increased ten-fold and after the lease was the major overhead cost for the Charity. The heavy electricity bills combined with the cost and limited availability of replacement bulbs was a major issue which FFTC and East Fife Football Club (EFFC) decided to address.

Six months ago both parties started to examine the options available and opened discussions with Zero Waste Scotland (ZWS). ZWS launched the project by carrying out an energy assessment to establish the benefit of installing LED floodlights at Bayview. The potential cost reduction was significant so with the support of ZWS the project was put out to competitive tender and a preferred supplier selected.

From there we started the process of identifying possible sources of funding and we were delighted to secure a heavily discounted, long term and low interest loan from the Energy Saving Trust. This alone left us with a difficult decision considering the past and future financial constraints caused by COVID-19.

It was at this stage that a white knight arrived. EFFC and FFTC have previously received enormous support from the Scottish Football Partnership (SFP) and once again they supported all groups involved at Bayview. Following an application by EFFC the SFP awarded a significant grant which turned this into a financially viable project.

Installation of the new LED floodlighting will begin on 22nd August of this year and will exceed SFA Bronze Level standard. Repayment of the loan will be made by FFTC from savings made on electricity usage during community use ensuring there is no financial burden to EFFC. The floodlights will become part of the fabric of Bayview Stadium and as such EFFC will be responsible for maintenance of the system which carries a lengthy warranty.

This has been a tremendous combined effort between FFTC and EFFC who would like to thank Zero Waste Scotland, the Energy Saving Trust and the Scottish Football Partnership for their support throughout.

8 hours ago, Pablo Partick said:

excuse me english not so good

whare is east fife fc and are the ladys nice

Look east of Kirkcaldy!!

jaconellis nice for a supper been to that cafe along maryhill road few times mind you it’s a bit like Wellesley road if you dunno your way round ruchill, maryhill and summerston....

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Look east of Kirkcaldy!!
jaconellis nice for a supper been to that cafe along maryhill road few times mind you it’s a bit like Wellesley road if you dunno your way round ruchill, maryhill and summerston....

Sizzlers is the best indians on wellesley road.

50 minutes ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

East Fife getting Dalot on loan fae United, hes apparently buzzing to move to the Buckhind area

You just had me looking through Dundee Utd's squad for a youth player called Dalot ye arse hole.

Edited by Gordon EF