The East Fife Thread

Had a cracking blether with Thomas Collins last night. Should be up on EFtv in the next couple of days.

Now I know how to record zoom chats hopefully I’ll get a few more interviews done before the players get back to training.

Could someone kindly post the full updated first team squad list signed for the 20/21 season?

1. Brett Long (June 2021)
    2. Aaron Dunsmore (June 2022)
    3. Chris Higgins (June 2021)
    4. Stewart Murdoch (June 2021)
    5. Ross Dunlop (June 2022)
    6. Craig Watson (June 2021)
    7. Danny Denholm (June 2021)
    8. Pat Slattery (June 2021)
    9. Ryan Wallace (June 2021)
    10. Kevin Smith (June 2021)
    11. Scott Agnew (June 2022)
    12. Thomas Collins (June 2022) **
    14. Liam Watt (June 2021)
    15. Danny Swanson (June 2022)**
    16. Ross Davidson (June 2022)
    17. Josh McConville **
    18. Liam Newton **
    20. Kyle Bell (June 2021)
    21. Jordan Hart (June 2021)
** Squad Number May change!!! Still a shirt going spare there I see!!!

36 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

With Collins signed til 2022 that makes 6 hav committed for 2 more years,I think the board and management deserve a lot of credit for this 👍🖤💛

Definitely. Obviously remains to be seen if Collins can step up, but 2years gives us something to work with & whether Swanson has 2 years left in him or not. I suspect that length of contract was the difference in him coming to us or  not. 

Would like to see Long, Murdoch & Wallace next to sign up, but obviously depends on the division we are in & when we can get paying fans & how many in. 

Great work by all at this stage though. 

3 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Definitely. Obviously remains to be seen if Collins can step up, but 2years gives us something to work with & whether Swanson has 2 years left in him or not. I suspect that length of contract was the difference in him coming to us or  not. 

Would like to see Long, Murdoch & Wallace next to sign up, but obviously depends on the division we are in & when we can get paying fans & how many in. 

Great work by all at this stage though. 

Love how we are all looking at next season and every other team at this season 😂🤣🤣

6 hours ago, grant1903 said:

With Collins signed til 2022 that makes 6 hav committed for 2 more years,I think the board and management deserve a lot of credit for this 👍🖤💛

could well be a good thing that the board seen where we could make money from rather letting them go for peanuts and also tie them for the future so yeah I forgot there was 6 on the squad list that have committed more than a season. Great going, huge praise to the Board!👍

Folk running football clubs can be a wee bit like referees, you only take notice when they're having a howler. But everyone involved in running East Fife over the last few years deserves a huge amount of credit. 
Agreed. Forgive me for being a bit of a nag but has there been any talk of the club looking to add terracing at New Bayview in the not too distant future?

Agreed. Forgive me for being a bit of a nag but has there been any talk of the club looking to add terracing at New Bayview in the not too distant future?

Only on here!!!

But it’s still a valid point for discussion, although this is a cue for the nay sayers to leap on here and say we have a stand we can’t fill, why build terracing etc etc. I would be very surprised if the Board aren’t giving consideration to this venture!!!

They are trying very hard, without throwing money about willy-nilly to get us into the Championship and if we were to get there, having additional means of increasing the ground attendance is a no-brainer!!!

Theoretically, every game in the Championship could/would be an all-ticket sell-out with our current facilities and also theoretically, if we were there now almost half our home games would be excuses for the Club to print money, with FOUR Fife Derbies and four home/fairly local games against Dundee and Hearts!!!

As the Legend Gary Naysmith said in his interview with The Glory Days podcast, getting to the Championship would be the easy part, staying there is the hard bit and to stay there you would need to maximise the money brought in by the increased attendances and to do that we would need to redevelop the ground in some fashion, even doing it gradually, getting it up to 3000, then 4 then 5!!!

You’ve got to speculate to accumulate!!!

Only here and the cost/benefit analysis does not look good especially when cash is tight. But would a wee terrace allow an extra 100 punters into a Covid game if the stand is only allowed 300 socially distanced? 100 folk at £15 a ticket and that's....ach shite nowhere near enough. Case closed.

Latest Rovers Review had a couple of old Bayview shots on page 13, got me looking to find them and post over here for your enjoyment. Couldn't find them elsewhere easily, but a couple of recent (last two years) online articles on Bayview Park showed up. Probably already known to many of you, but figured I'd drop the links here, just in case:

https://aftn.co.uk/bayview-park-a-pictorial-guide/ (Away from the Numbers, 6/2/2019)

http://readtheleague.com/the-big-feature/gone-grounds-bayview-park (The League, 15/10/2018)

The Rovers Review #20 has the 1970 Terracing picture that The League uses, and a 1956 view of the snow covered main stad I couldn't find elsewhere...yuo should be able to find the Review for download easily enough if you're that keen on seeing it.

P.S. Maybe try seeing if Hearts would play again for £15 like the first game as EFFC, they're reportedly desperate for cash?

Edited by TxRover