The East Fife Thread

Could well be too late, but unless we have an adequate replacement in our sights, we may have to bring in a couple of players in order to find someone that may replace anything Dowds gives the team, even then its a gamble. With that in mind, shouldn't we look to double what Anton is on, that and his other job must be at least a match to any full time club could offer. 
If its not about money, but the chance to go full-time, then good luck to the guy, he's worked hard & deserves it & if it is to Falkirk, I think that's the right move for him at this stage. 
The lad from Queens Park that guys were suggesting as a replacement is away to Livvy, what about Webster at Motrose?
Webby recently signed a new two contract with the Mo [emoji16][emoji2960]

7 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Could well be too late, but unless we have an adequate replacement in our sights, we may have to bring in a couple of players in order to find someone that may replace anything Dowds gives the team, even then its a gamble. With that in mind, shouldn't we look to double what Anton is on, that and his other job must be at least a match to any full time club could offer. 

If its not about money, but the chance to go full-time, then good luck to the guy, he's worked hard & deserves it & if it is to Falkirk, I think that's the right move for him at this stage. 

The lad from Queens Park that guys were suggesting as a replacement is away to Livvy, what about Webster at Motrose?

Looking around the leagues there is a mass shortage of strikers doing the rounds who can actually get double figures,   

This will probably get laughed and scoffed at but here goes. Now with the imminent departure of Dowds, I really hope the club addresses the distinct lacking of players with any presence/height within the squad. Only Dunlop springs to mind who could be considered tall-ish. Reckon we must have one of the shortest squads in the league.  

1 hour ago, monthefife said:

This will probably get laughed and scoffed at but here goes. Now with the imminent departure of Dowds, I really hope the club addresses the distinct lacking of players with any presence/height within the squad. Only Dunlop springs to mind who could be considered tall-ish. Reckon we must have one of the shortest squads in the league.  

Spot on, weve got Scotland symdrome. Weve struggled from set pieces ever since DY came in but he likes agile, fit players.

9 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Welcome back Robert Jones

Naw thanks, he’s becoming a bit like Tony watt too many clubs in either league 1 and 2..Dumbarton need players though so just keep him at the rock!!

im more thinking of Darren downie from Musselburgh scored 26 goals in the east of Scotland league if Fash, Collins and Dowds can step up why not this guy? Or maybe we will eventually sign Lewis Allan (did we not loose out to him when he signed for the Rovers?) & Joao Victoria that always hunts us remember that home game v Albion where it was 4-3 and he looked on fire that day and so frighting maybe we will sign those two that’s left the rovers along the road who knows but one thing for certains if Tonks is joining the Bairns as folk says on here then you think we have some sort people lined up to replace a striker for striker like...i guess we just have to see what happens I take it.

anyways any news on a left back we’re after? Glad to see so many player kit donors this year we should have enough to go to new comings aswell promoting two from the U20s

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Naw thanks, he’s becoming a bit like Tony watt too many clubs in either league 1 and 2..Dumbarton need players though so just keep him at the rock!!

im more thinking of Darren downie from Musselburgh scored 26 goals in the east of Scotland league if Fash, Collins and Dowds can step up why not this guy? Or maybe we will eventually sign Lewis Allan (did we not loose out to him when he signed for the Rovers?) & Joao Victoria that always hunts us remember that home game v Albion where it was 4-3 and he looked on fire that day and so frighting maybe we will sign those two that’s left the rovers along the road who knows but one thing for certains if Tonks is joining the Bairns as folk says on here then you think we have some sort people lined up to replace a striker for striker like...i guess we just have to see what happens I take it.

anyways any news on a left back we’re after? Glad to see so many player kit donors this year we should have enough to go to new comings aswell promoting two from the U20s

Victoria away to Stranraer again..

We're limiting our options just looking at lower league journey men. I'd prefer someone who's been released from a Premiership/Championship side, a youngster with a point to prove, such as a Dunsmore or a Deuchar.

Calum Hendry has been released by St Johnstone, he'd been some signing. 

May convince a youngster from a Fife, Tayside, Central, or Lothian club to drop to part-time. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

19 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

We're limiting our options just looking at lower league journey men. I'd prefer someone who's been released from a Premiership/Championship side, a youngster with a point to prove, such as a Dunsmore or a Deuchar.

Hendry is under contract until 2022.

May convince a youngster from a Fife, Tayside, Central, or Lothian club to drop to part-time. 

Tbf- one of the strengths of our management team is their signing record whilst being here- it has been excellent and we don’t know whether they are just looking at lower leagues. We have a very strong and consistent squad that requires a few quality additions only- they will know what those are and be searching within our budget constraints.