The East Fife Thread

Do you think Dowds would do well in the Championship?  His goal scoring record is not great. Guess his game is more link up or target man.

If (and it's a big if) we can keep Vaughan fit, he would be more effective in our team. I think he has been more effective for ef when he's had Wallace playing behind him to link up with from what iv seen of him. I'd be happy with him and Vaughan lining up together next season in a similar fashion.

Do you think Dowds would do well in the Championship?  His goal scoring record is not great. Guess his game is more link up or target man.

His first season was better in terms of out and out goal scoring, but this season his overall play was excellent, hold up play etc. Definitely got the potential to have a good career in the champ

Personally think Dowds would be better staying another year at Bayview, before going full-time, maybe just wishful thinking?

not sure where he will end up, seeing as Dunfermline signed McManus, O’Hara and Thomas highly doubt it will be there! Would still love to see him back but think it’s wishful thinking at this point

Surely Dunfermline is out of the question now? Resigned to the fact that he wants to move on but I just wish he'd finally make up his mind, so we begin to look at potential replacement(s) and focus on the task ahead. It would hurt to see him move on to Raith, but equally, I wouldn't want to him to face us next season in League 1. Hopefully he snubs our local rivals and signs for Ayr instead. Having said, that I really think he'd benefit from one more season at EF.
Any word on when the new kits will be available to see? Not the template photos we've seen so far.

I hear it is likely he will be signing for the Bairns and playing in the same league as us next year.   Pity as I understand he wants to have a crack at full time but I had hoped it would have been in the league above.

2 minutes ago, BetFred said:

I hear it is likely he will be signing for the Bairns and playing in the same league as us next year.   Pity as I understand he wants to have a crack at full time but I had hoped it would have been in the league above.

I said to my mates a few weeks ago that I felt he should stay at us. If he doesn't then a club in our league makes most sense and if he's going full time then staying in this league is the best move. Another year at this level but in a full time setting is a good move for him.

40 minutes ago, BetFred said:

35 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

I said to my mates a few weeks ago that I felt he should stay at us. If he doesn't then a club in our league makes most sense and if he's going full time then staying in this league is the best move. Another year at this level but in a full time setting is a good move for him.

“Nails” Murdoch will probably show him the error of his ways in our first match against them!!!😇

3 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Sadly, I have to agree.  Let's hope we've got a decent replacement lined up.

8 hours ago, sammytroot said:

https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/822-chairmans-update-13-july-2020 …

Season Ticket News

I'm ever hopeful, we'll be watching at Bayview from the 17th of October, perhaps limited numbers/face masks, especially now the old firm is scheduled for that weekend. Not much else the club could've done regarding season tickets, prices etc.

SPFL clubs, currently preparing the new season, have until 5 October to add new signigns

The summer transfer window for Scottish clubs begins on Tuesday and will remain open until midnight on 5 October.

The Scottish FA has received Fifa approval for new dates for the 12-week window - the maximum allowed - amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The Premiership season begins on 1 August and the SFA/SPFL joint response group has confirmed the Scottish League Cup is scheduled to start on 6 October.

For Scottish women's clubs, the window is open from 15 July until 6

The joint response group says the new window addresses the staggered start to the new season and need to "strike an appropriate balance" for clubs to strengthen their squads.

While the top flight kicks off in August, Championship clubs are due to begin a shortened 27-game season on 17 October, with the bottom two tiers also aiming for an October start.

The SPFL board has also agreed to amend rules on the existing October loan window so that it covers Championship clubs in addition to Leagues One and Two.

”hopefully we go out to sign a striker and a left back”

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

On 12/07/2020 at 11:36, BetFred said:

I heard that today too, 

Could well be too late, but unless we have an adequate replacement in our sights, we may have to bring in a couple of players in order to find someone that may replace anything Dowds gives the team, even then its a gamble. With that in mind, shouldn't we look to double what Anton is on, that and his other job must be at least a match to any full time club could offer. 

If its not about money, but the chance to go full-time, then good luck to the guy, he's worked hard & deserves it & if it is to Falkirk, I think that's the right move for him at this stage. 

The lad from Queens Park that guys were suggesting as a replacement is away to Livvy, what about Webster at Motrose?