The East Fife Thread

Enjoyed reading the fans survey stuff today. Couple of things I took away from it, I am glad that the terracing thing on the stadium was in big writing, I hope that many have commented on that as it really would make the match experience better. I've said it before but whoever was in charge of designing the one-stand effort back in the day should be hung drawn and quartered. No words on the ownership thing in the survey but I guess that's not really what it's about.

Also noted that our fans are a bit mental, our "realistic" expectation should be 5th round of the Scottish cup and 2nd round of the league cup if you go from the majority on the survey, not to mention a quarter final place in the Challenge cup. That's ridiculous.

I'm sure Bayview was supposed to be 2 stands with a capacity of around 3,000 but didn't the construction company run out of money or something? No idea where I got this from but its lodged in my head for some reason and it could very well be a load of nonsense!

22 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Also noted that our fans are a bit mental, our "realistic" expectation should be 5th round of the Scottish cup and 2nd round of the league cup if you go from the majority on the survey, not to mention a quarter final place in the Challenge cup. That's ridiculous.

I think the survey is a great idea and the results are interesting but those were daft questions. If we're in the 4th round of the cup and are drawn away to Celtic, I'd expect us to go out in the 4th round. If we're drawn at home to Vale of Leithen, I'd be expecting us to get to the 5th round.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Enjoyed reading the fans survey stuff today. Couple of things I took away from it, I am glad that the terracing thing on the stadium was in big writing, I hope that many have commented on that as it really would make the match experience better. I've said it before but whoever was in charge of designing the one-stand effort back in the day should be hung drawn and quartered. No words on the ownership thing in the survey but I guess that's not really what it's about.

Nothing like a bit of irony from Big Fifer to brighten things up.  Critical of unrealistic expectations in Cups but holds realistic expectations of terracing at Bayview. East Fife’s objective in the coming years, like many other teams in Scotland, will be solvency.  I suspect terracing will be just below toilet rolls on a list of necessary expenditure.

5 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Nothing like a bit of irony from Big Fifer to brighten things up.  Critical of unrealistic expectations in Cups but holds realistic expectations of terracing at Bayview. East Fife’s objective in the coming years, like many other teams in Scotland, will be solvency.  I suspect terracing will be just below toilet rolls on a list of necessary expenditure.

I don't think erecting a covered metallic shed with some steps is outwith the realms of possibility, nor would I expect it to be a priority within the next 12 months. 

I'm sure Bayview was supposed to be 2 stands with a capacity of around 3,000 but didn't the construction company run out of money or something? No idea where I got this from but its lodged in my head for some reason and it could very well be a load of nonsense!
That was the plan for the original new stadium which was going to be built between Methilhill and Cameron, I guess the money ran out, and to be fair, we've hardly needed a bigger one than what we have.

On 24/06/2020 at 15:37, Forest_Fifer said:
On 24/06/2020 at 12:18, EFFC1938 said:

That was the plan for the original new stadium which was going to be built between Methilhill and Cameron, I guess the money ran out, and to be fair, we've hardly needed a bigger one than what we have.

Pretty sure they were going to go with same plans when they originally moved sites, just think it was a cost issue, with the sale of the old ground not making as much as expected and some grants not coming through so the other stand got scratched!!!

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Pretty sure they were going to go with same plans when they originally moved sites, just think it was a cost issue, with the sale of the old ground not making as much as expected and some grants not coming through so the other stand got scratched!!!

If people are so keen to get a terrace built why don't we start a fundraiser to fund it all. 

Would obviously need the club to draw plans up etc and get a quote for works (keltys new stand which accomodates 500 was about £80k I'm sure) so that's a rough number to aim for in the mean time....

28 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

If people are so keen to get a terrace built why don't we start a fundraiser to fund it all. 

Would obviously need the club to draw plans up etc and get a quote for works (keltys new stand which accomodates 500 was about £80k I'm sure) so that's a rough number to aim for in the mean time....

The website fundraiser sits at £12K with some of that coming from neutrals and supporters of other clubs.  Do you seriously think a fundraiser to provide additional capacity for a ground which is almost always under occupied will raise eight times that amount ?

44 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

The website fundraiser sits at £12K with some of that coming from neutrals and supporters of other clubs.  Do you seriously think a fundraiser to provide additional capacity for a ground which is almost always under occupied will raise eight times that amount ?

More chance of it being raised to be done than the club spending it on as you say additional capacity for an under occupied ground. No point in the club splashing out for it but if funding comes in (doesn't have to be immediately can take years)... Makes sense

I'd love to see an additional terracing at Bayview. A bit like the one they have at Stenny would be ideal.

I'm also realistic, in that current attendances don't justify it, but...

perhaps if the stadium had a bit more  atmosphere to it it may encourage a few more folk to go along. I really don't like "New Bayview" . I've never liked it. It's void of life.

Personally, I would much rather attend away games.

9 hours ago, effc loyal said:

Bit bold, but any transfer rumours?

On the podcast DY was saying he's only really looking for a defender and a striker, which was a bit surprising to me. League 1 is probably going to be the most competitive league in Scotland next year, I was thinking maybe 4 signings which would strengthen the squad not just as cover. I guess there's a lot more to consider when it comes to next years budget though when nobody knows much about how the season will look, and I am guessing the board will want to wait til the end of this Hearts case and the official vote on a 27 game season to be passed. 

20 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Darren said previously he want's a Striker and Left sided defender but doesn't mean we can't get anyone in on loan to add to that

Would Adam Eckersley be an option there. Was decent at Forcar before last season at Airdrie

Very true. I'd like to get Morrison back if possible (though Hearts may give me more of a chance if they're confirmed in the Championship). I felt he showed enough last time that he could be a real asset across a full season. 

On the podcast DY was saying he's only really looking for a defender and a striker, which was a bit surprising to me. League 1 is probably going to be the most competitive league in Scotland next year, I was thinking maybe 4 signings which would strengthen the squad not just as cover. I guess there's a lot more to consider when it comes to next years budget though when nobody knows much about how the season will look, and I am guessing the board will want to wait til the end of this Hearts case and the official vote on a 27 game season to be passed. 

I’d agree that we would need 3/4 signings, but as you said budget could be an issue

Chairman said the cancellation of the last 4 home games cost us £20k last season. With only 27 matches this season, we've already lost 4-5home games, that's before you factor in closed doors/reduced capacity & any changes to league/challenge cups. So best to wait and see where we are, when we've start dates etc. 

Having said that Eckersley did look good at Forfar. Didn't seem to feature much for Airdrie.