The East Fife Thread

I am guessing the board are trying to wait as long as possible before making a decision on sponsorship. Businesses won't be as keen to chuck money around at the moment so the draw for the main sponsorship may be less appealing. 

On 15/06/2020 at 16:32, sirscottyoung said:

Been told all clubs in our league have agreed to start at same time as championship so we are all good 👍

Member of Peterhead board on Sportsound yesterday saying clubs have yet to agree a date. 

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

He did and also said playing behind closed doors was not viable to Peterhead

Meet tomorrow of league 1 and 2 clubs

And he also stated on sportsound that he expects League 1 to start on 17th october for 27 games, ,  BUT clubs are trying to negotiate  a backstop of January if a second wave appears,   !lower league chairman seem to talk a lot more sense than their premiership counterparts...

TBF didn,t catch that bit

The way he spoke suggested that Peterhead could not and would not be willing or able to play behind closed doors if that was the case come October

Now if I,ve got that wrong its down too many lockdown refreshments whilst listening to the prog

14 hours ago, Passionate said:

And he also stated on sportsound that he expects League 1 to start on 17th october for 27 games, ,  BUT clubs are trying to negotiate  a backstop of January if a second wave appears,   !lower league chairman seem to talk a lot more sense than their premiership counterparts...

I took as he said that October was possible, but it certainly seemed things were far from certain. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I took as he said that October was possible, but it certainly seemed things were far from certain. 

I'd imagine there's split opinion among the clubs. I'm not sure if they'll treat Leagues 1 and 2 separately or have them vote as one block. If League One votes seperately, I'd guess we'd get at least 60% in favour of October even if that means the potential for some games without crowds (East Fife, Partick, Falkirk, Airdrie, Montrose and Cove). 

But a backstop of January to account for the possibility of prolonged periods of testing with no crowds seems sensible.

7 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/ladbrokes-league-1-team-of-the-season-goalkeeper

Time to vote for Brett. Currently miles behind Robbie mutch and David Mitchell 

Much as I love Brett, and would like to see him win it, this is a really silly way to decide. It's basically generating clubs'  fans with the biggest social media following to vote for their own players. 

Edited by Angusfifer

8 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Much as I love Brett, and would like to see him win it, this is a really silly way to decide. It's basically generating clubs with the biggest social media following to vote for their players. 

The scores today are absolutely outrageous

Much as I love Brett, and would like to see him win it, this is a really silly way to decide. It's basically generating clubs'  fans with the biggest social media following to vote for their own players. 

Agreed would put him ahead of those 2-Brett a great shot stopper- needs to improve though on his decision making re coming out for the ball and marshalling defence..... that been said the best goalie we have had in years.

In terms of best in the league- always felt McCallum at Forfar is best in the league tbf

https://spfl.co.uk/news/ladbrokes-league-1-team-of-the-season-goalkeeper

Time to vote for Brett. Currently miles behind Robbie mutch and David Mitchell 

I notice Higgins and Dunsy are in today’s vote for picking the best Defence of last season!!!

It makes you wonder how much research is put into this by the organisers, “Nails” Murdoch an obvious omission and I also don’t think Dunsy played in the defence at all last season???

[emoji848][emoji848]

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

I notice Higgins and Dunsy are in today’s vote for picking the best Defence of last season!!!

It makes you wonder how much research is put into this by the organisers, “Nails” Murdoch an obvious omission and I also don’t think Dunsy played in the defence at all last season???

emoji848.pngemoji848.png

I think Clyde fans have been having a wee joke with the voting

I have no issue with our world-class social media presence pushing Mitchell into first place. I think there's an argument to be had that he deserves it.

Martin McNiff, on the other hand, wouldn't even get into Clyde's best eleven of the season.