The East Fife Thread

I think the issue with this though is that, if half the clubs in L1 want to get going, but the other half don't, then decisions made by those that don't may have a financial impact on those that want to play. Is that fair? Especially when those that claim they can't afford to play already clearly can't afford to run their clubs the way they have done (again, assuming those Clyde figures are correct, I haven't actually seen anything verifying them). 

Go to Clyde chairman statement on their forum.

52 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't understand this tbh. You've signed a squad for a season with no start date, so you've committed to contracts without knowing when you'll have your usual income streams. The only people who seem to be threatening the league status of any club here are the ones touting they should be relegated and have prize money removed if they need to mothball.

Point taken about the players you already had signed up, but you've not hesitated in offering more extensions or signing new players. 

To be fair wev  only signed one player who signed a pre contract in feb so wev done the decent thing by honouring that deal

The entire football season should have been voided so there were no winners or losers across all of the leagues. That way it would have been fair for every club. But typical shambolic decision-making and organisation from the SPFL have led us to the shambles we find ourselves in now and anyone who didn't see this coming is a complete and utter moron. 

Anyway, that's all in the past now and I do have a degree of some sympathy for Hearts, but mostly for Partick (who have been shafted to f***) and Stranraer, but we have to look forward now. 

I understand that "discussions are ongoing" for the 20/21 season for League 1/2 clubs. Given the pathetic lack of clarity from the SPFL up until now, this could mean absolutely anything. Personally my concern is, what if we find ourselves in position where several clubs state that they aren't in a financially secure and safe enough position to participate for a season without gate money?

48 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Been told all clubs in our league have agreed to start at same time as championship so we are all good 👍

Doctor Who Yes GIF

that’s good news, about bloody time we can now get some football back and how it was before covid19 begain baby!🥳😁

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Been told all clubs in our league have agreed to start at same time as championship so we are all good 👍

I never thought I'd feel like a kid on Christmas Eve at the thought of watching my 100th East Fife vs Forfar fixture in the past 5 years.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I never thought I'd feel like a kid on Christmas Eve at the thought of watching my 100th East Fife vs Forfar fixture in the past 5 years.

Hahahaha me too. Actually jamp for joy. 

One thing this has made me realise.

I am NEVER going to miss a footy game again if I can help it. I'll be like 70 and on a run of watching my 1600th game consecutively haha

The new East Fife GLORY DAYS OF GOLD podcast is now available, with a quite frank and in-depth interview with Gary Naysmith, nearly another 3 hours of excellent content!!!

Give it a listen, it’s very good!!!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/glory-days-of-gold/id1516150565

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

The new East Fife GLORY DAYS OF GOLD podcast is now available, with a quite frank and in-depth interview with Gary Naysmith, nearly another 3 hours of excellent content!!!

Give it a listen, it’s very good!!!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/glory-days-of-gold/id1516150565

These are brilliant.

Really hope some clarity is provided soon for how/when we can start the fitba again. Seems sensible for the League 1 teams to follow the Championship and aim for October, have the championship done so assuming that they will be behind closed doors or that they will have socially distanced fans? 

4 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Really hope some clarity is provided soon for how/when we can start the fitba again. Seems sensible for the League 1 teams to follow the Championship and aim for October, have the championship done so assuming that they will be behind closed doors or that they will have socially distanced fans? 

Our chairman is assuming that it will be closed doors so start with - best case some limited attendance in Nov, worst case Jan.  Says that its looking roughly at about 20% of stadium capacity, but it depends on social distancing being reduced to 1m - not really workable (at Starks Park anyway) with current restrictions.  

42 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Our chairman is assuming that it will be closed doors so start with - best case some limited attendance in Nov, worst case Jan.  Says that its looking roughly at about 20% of stadium capacity, but it depends on social distancing being reduced to 1m - not really workable (at Starks Park anyway) with current restrictions.  

Yeah, and to be honest, if we can't stand closer than 1m to someone else in another 4 months time we'll all have much bigger problems to be dealing with. 

One advantage we'll have is we've been successfully working on socially distancing at opposition corners for a while now!

Seriously though, season not starting until October, our squad furloughed until then, with hopefully some paying customers allowed from then seems a lot better than some of the doomsday predictions we ve seen. 

Quicker we can agree to move on now the better for all concerned. 

5 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

The sooner the club gets the new away kit on sale, the sooner they get some more money. Some new polo shirts etc would be nice as well, my existing ones are about worn out.

Yeah I agree, new tracksuits too cause I painted my fence the other day and got grey paint on my tracksuit haha