The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

If we can get playing again this winter or before, it'll almost certainly be an advantage to have an almost full and almost fully furloughed squad. If it's later than that, it'll probably be a disadvantage. We'll see how it plays out. I'm not sure there's an overly safe option at the moment tbh.

Totally agree 

Aye you might be right- or maybe we believe in continual development- continual improvement- and with a few additions we may have a team that can get promoted within budget that doesn’t put the club at risk or depend on donors from a sugar daddy or management’s private business. 
Anyway Don’t really care. You guys have done really well and wish you well- we EF fans are for the first time in many years happy with our team and the continual progress

Ah just a wind up. I do commend you lot for holding on to your best players. There are a few i would take at the Mo. Thank you for your wishes. You should be happy. Of course we are still delighted with where we are and long may it continue. Progression like this won't last forever haha

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

Ah just a wind up. I do commend you lot for holding on to your best players. There are a few i would take at the Mo. Thank you for your wishes. You should be happy. Of course we are still delighted with where we are and long may it continue. Progression like this won't last forever haha

For ourselves, much like Montrose, the ideal scenario is holding on to our best players who'll undoubtedly be attracting at least some attention from better resourced clubs, retaining the bulk of the squad and then hopefully being able to add those two or three players who might move us on to making a successful push for promotion next season. I'm very happy that we've largely achieved the first two of those.

25 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

For ourselves, much like Montrose, the ideal scenario is holding on to our best players who'll undoubtedly be attracting at least some attention from better resourced clubs, retaining the bulk of the squad and then hopefully being able to add those two or three players who might move us on to making a successful push for promotion next season. I'm very happy that we've largely achieved the first two of those.

It will likely have a knock on effect on players views of clubs as well. Best of luck.

One thing I am hoping for, off the back of us having signed up a squad, is that it will encourage the better targets we might have when football comes around to sign. Players at this level talk, and hopefully the environment at the club can be sold by the current players to the potential signings. I'd imagine a player at part-time level will prefer to know what situation a club is in, particularly in terms of "who's going there?", before signing on. So to see an already decent squad might encourage the better targets to come on board. All of that of course with the caveat that I assume we are playing fitba by January. As has been said before, it's a gamble either way whether you're retaining players or releasing them all. 

Quick question.

They big solar panels at the back of bayview? Do they belong to the club? 

Does that land not belong (or did belong) to our lovely invisible owners? It's a shame as I'd really like us to have terracing at that end, I think it kind of blocks that, setting aside the expense of actually building it of course...

13 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Does that land not belong (or did belong) to our lovely invisible owners? It's a shame as I'd really like us to have terracing at that end, I think it kind of blocks that, setting aside the expense of actually building it of course...

Wasn’t sure if that was technically on east fifes “ground” or belonged to another company. 

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Quick question.

They big solar panels at the back of bayview? Do they belong to the club? 

I'm sure someone at the club can correct me if I'm wrong.

But when I worked at the adjacent business centre they got them on the roof and they got built in the land beside the stadium. I think I remember them saying it was owned by some community ownership thing but made East Fife one of the only (if not the only- I can't actually remember it must have been 3-4 years ago now) green football clubs in the country or UK. 

Edited by sirscottyoung

I think that you are correct Scott. I am sure that EF benefits by basically getting free electricity at least during the day ie when power is used during office hours .Not enough to power the floodlights during community /match day use but perhaps there is a supply that can be used to offset the full cost of night use.

My understanding of what EFFC owned comprised the area within the perimeter wall plus either 20 or 25 metres beyond the wall.That would take in the Solar Panel area. Perhaps the club benefits from a rental?

With regard to ground development,I would have thought that the club could have considered a Montrose FC ie concrete the side opposite the main stand. A cheaper alternative for a first step than build a second stand.

17 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

I think that you are correct Scott. I am sure that EF benefits by basically getting free electricity at least during the day ie when power is used during office hours .Not enough to power the floodlights during community /match day use but perhaps there is a supply that can be used to offset the full cost of night use.

My understanding of what EFFC owned comprised the area within the perimeter wall plus either 20 or 25 metres beyond the wall.That would take in the Solar Panel area. Perhaps the club benefits from a rental?

With regard to ground development,I would have thought that the club could have considered a Montrose FC ie concrete the side opposite the main stand. A cheaper alternative for a first step than build a second stand.

I can't remember of the top of my head how close the panels are but I'd have preferred just a bit of sheltered terracing along the sea end. No idea on the costs. Difficulty is it's hard to justify it given it's unlikely you get that money back through extra folk in the gate outwith the odd cup game, which you can't budget for when you don't know the draw.

Or alternativelty ,if the club has aspirations to reach the Championship,  surely the cost of development-no matter how elementary, would be self financing  and is an asset for the future. If ,eg EF were to find itself in the Championship this coming season. I am sure that there would be crowds greater than 1990 for Raith, Dunfermline,and Dundee,and potentially against Falkirk and Partick.

The club certainy had recent plans for a second stand/terracing which had to be shelved owing to a combination of the Murray years and to the club not being able to sell the land outside the perimeter wall on the open market.

The current directors have done a marvellous job in reversing the huge deficit from the Murray years and posting profits for the past 2 years with no help from the majority shareholder.Just imagine what could be achieved with an owner remotely interested in EF.

Another freezing, soulless, boring, uncomfortable stand? No thank you.

Have always said that adopting a Montrose, Links Park-esque terracing around the rest of the ground would be ideal. Not suggesting that it's an easy task but feels like it's long overdue and would improve the match day experience at Bayview by a long, long way. It doesn't surprise me in the least that other clubs fans regard Bayview as the worst away trip in this league. 

3 hours ago, sammytroot said:

The current directors have done a marvellous job in reversing the huge deficit from the Murray years and posting profits for the past 2 years with no help from the majority shareholder.Just imagine what could be achieved with an owner remotely interested in EF.

Echo this! Great work by the board

5 hours ago, monthefife said:

Another freezing, soulless, boring, uncomfortable stand? No thank you.

Have always said that adopting a Montrose, Links Park-esque terracing around the rest of the ground would be ideal. Not suggesting that it's an easy task but feels like it's long overdue and would improve the match day experience at Bayview by a long, long way. It doesn't surprise me in the least that other clubs fans regard Bayview as the worst away trip in this league. 

Not sure anyone was suggesting a stand were they? Would have to be terracing, 2000 seats is more than enough for us. 

For any older east Fife fans like myself,I see Falkirk tv are showing the full game Falkirk v east Fife from 1986,i travelled thru with the late Mel sword,it was the last game of the season and we fought back to draw 2-2 and they needed a point to go up and wer shitting themselves,if results went for us that day we or even Forfar could’ve went up to the premier league