The East Fife Thread

8 hours ago, steakngravy said:

That away strip looks very smart,looked for a link to see what your home strip is going to be but couldn't find one. Anyway great looking strip.

The don’t want you to see it...here’s a peek:

http://eastfifeshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=792&zenid=a514f8e4a3763f6bb573fb303ae30403

Sorry, lads.

Morning lads, just dropping in to say I just dropped the kickstarted for a new Scottish football magazine I created with a couple of other fans. Your very own Danny Denholm done a feature for us and there's some other cool articles / illustrations in there. Would be great if you could back / share it with as many fans as possible. The link to our kickstarter is: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

Now that the gofundme donations have reached the amended target of £10,000 it has been decided to up it once again to £15,000. I am afraid I do not agree with this third target. Why not just let it roll on without increasing the target. I feel this is taking the Mickey out of everyone who has donated so far. Captain Tom didn't feel the need to keep increasing the target did he.

We knew that King Kev, Ross and Brett we’re going to be signing last Friday but the news that Hart and Taco have both re-signed is an unexpected bonus!!!

Don’t underestimate the fact that we have the best pair of keepers in the Division (again), I’m a big fan of Brett but I have no problem if I see Jordan starting, it’s great having TWO keepers of this standing in the squad and not just the usual “one main guy and whatever kid is available” that we’ve seen in previous seasons, this is great news and good business!!!

And let’s all hope that Taco can finally kick on and show what he can do, I’ve never seen him have a poor game, whenever his little cameo appearances happened, I really thought he was going to kick on last season and become a starter, (he looked excellent in the pre-season games) obviously DY still has faith in him and he probably deserves this contract for all his hard work last season, it couldn’t have been easy for him!!!

EF showing the rest up already!!![emoji1303]

Last Season’s Squad/ Next Season’s Squad;

1. Brett Long (June 2021)

2. Aaron Dunsmore

3. Chris Higgins (June 2021)

4. Stewart Murdoch (June 2021)

5. Ross Dunlop (June 2022)

6. Craig Watson

7. Danny Denholm (June 2021)

8. Pat Slattery (June 2021)

9. Ryan Wallace (June 2021)

10. Kevin Smith (June 2021)

11. Scott Agnew (June 2022)

12. Lewis Hunter

14. Liam Watt (June 2021)

15. Anton Dowds

16. Ross Davidson (June 2022)

17. Lewis Baker

20. Kyle Bell (June 2021)

21. Jordan Hart (June 2021)

I think Baker has unofficially gone so it’s just finding out what happens to the other 4, although Janny and Dunsy are always the last to sign on, I’m starting to worry about the Tonks situation and I’ve got a feeling that Hunter will probably remain but be farmed out again depending on how he does pre-season, IF we have one!!!

Still no word about this mystery man from BSC, but he wouldn’t be able to sign until June anyway!!!

But to have 72% of last seasons Squad signed up already is pretty fucking impressive, and I expect a few more to follow, be they new or existing squad members!!!

Strange how we can sign 13 already and teams like Forfar,Stranraer hav 5 or less signed and won’t be in the near future,I thot the least signed the better re wages etc but who knows 
Hoping this means we are showing we want to play in whatever league is playing come the start of the season.
That team could hold their own in any division in Scotland.

Good to the see the squad coming together like KK said hopefully Taco can returned to show what he’s worth after the injury kept him out mostly most of all last season during pre-season games where he was coming good and glad the two keepers have signed up plus Davidson we missed him badly in the derby where we got beat while him and Agnew are effectively good in the middle where he goes unnoticed with his impressive defensive midfield duties with crucial tackles and break up the opponents attacking display so yeah hopefully we can keep hold of Dunsmore and  Tonks aswell as Janny!! I think those three need another season at this level...but fingers crossed they do remain and i pray they do.

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Still no word about this mystery man from BSC, but he wouldn’t be able to sign until June anyway!!!

But to have 72% of last seasons Squad signed up already is pretty fucking impressive, and I expect a few more to follow, be they new or existing squad members!!!

You could be right given any additions we may have to wait until the market opens to official confirm any new players that may well be the hold up if true. At the moment squad is pretty much good to go though a left back, couple midfielders and possibly two or three attackers would add much needed to squad that’s taking shape for whenever the season starts if its august with no pre-season or betfred groups? Saying that there’s two or three from the youths to be part squad first team could deserve a professional contract that could boost numbers given we only need a left back and two new additions that’s available plus the loan market so there’s no rush tbh...But aye it’s getting there I must say...which I’m delighted with.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Now I have time... You have the makings of a good squad but that has been the case for the past couple of seasons now. You've flattered to deceive though. Some excellent results against teams from higher divisions etc but haven't managed to break into the playoff spots yet. To suggest that the same squad that has that record could compete at any level in Scotland is obviously trolling. With that in mind, what do you see as being a realistic target for the club?

Fwiw and I know (championship Forum for this pish) we have the makings of a decent championship team. There's not many of our players that are at premiership level right now.

Anything that’s above FIFTH place....[emoji2956]!!

Thanks for dropping by.
200.gif&key=3df7a889dd16ed5f6d056a03ffd476bff46c0abeee6935f8866f5a78f1777fc6
Why has the same squad of players not achieved that? You've went on good runs in patches but never pushed on. I'm not trolling with it. Genuinely curious to see what you guys think and what your ambitions are. As iv said many times Iv enjoyed my visits to New Bayview and think you have a good setup.