The East Fife Thread

Tried to complete the survey twice but couldn't get past question re program buying????????

Tried also- couldn’t complete- try tomorrow

It appears to open up at the bottom of the next page, which is blank, when new page opens, scroll to the top!!!

I think Dunsmore has never hidden his desire to return full-time, every season he's been reluctant to put pen to paper. He's the one player I dont think we could replace. Lets hope he's only keeping his options open & eventually signs on again. In this current climate, I'm sure it'd be better for Dowds to stay. I'm not sure he's ready for a step up just yet, he seemed to tail off, after the new year. A full season of banging them in should get him more noticed!
Excellent work by the club in getting Brett, Kev & Davo back. Lets hope our strategy pays off!  

Agreed, Dunsy always leaves his options open to the last minute, he’s done this every year he’s been with us holding out for a FT offer, which if it comes fair fucks to him but I would be disappointed if he went part-time elsewhere!!!
Dowds’ situation is a bit of a weird one, from what I understand he’s in a bit of a Rory McAllister situation, he’s on such a whack in his current job he would be taking a massive paycut to go FT, outwith the top Clubs in the country, who he isn’t going to be signing for at the moment. It’s the PT Clubs with a bit of dosh or with a generous sugar-daddy we have to be watching out for!!!

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

It appears to open up at the bottom of the next page, which is blank, when new page opens, scroll to the top!!!

Yes I know about that KK but Twice I got to the question about buying a programme but there is no  space for an answer and no way to bypass it!!!

37 minutes ago, LondonFife said:

With Dunsmore could part of the issue be that when we needed strengthening on January the only player we brought in was in his position? And he eventually found himself on the bench for the last couple of games I think?

Could be, and I’ve got to admit I think it’s because he doesn’t have Janny behind him, he’s never been as cutting or as effective down the right as he was when it was Janny and him on that side, don’t get me wrong, I’m not slagging off “Nails” Murdoch, but he’s a different type of player to Janny, but I don’t think we are quite as threatening down that side now and with Janny being dropped for the majority of the season I wouldn’t be surprised to see him looking elsewhere too. The guy would be a starter for any other side in League One!!!

Think Murdoch is our best right back by far.At the moment this is bald men arguing over a comb.
Real question is whether there will be any football  in league 1 and 2 next season.The best placed lower league clubs are those without any players under contract.Others will run out of money quickly and need subsidies even to exist on care and maintenance basis .

On 23/05/2020 at 14:25, sneed hearn said:

Think Murdoch is our best right back by far.At the moment this is bald men arguing over a comb.
Real question is whether there will be any football  in league 1 and 2 next season.The best placed lower league clubs are those without any players under contract.Others will run out of money quickly and need subsidies even to exist on care and maintenance basis .

There is a greater than zero possibility that, handled badly, this crisis will break a number of clubs relationship with its players and supporters. Clubs electing to jettison players are risking the needed goodwill of their supporters and future opportunities with some players. A club needing to dump cost should be blindingly honest with its fans, because they relate to the players as the face of the club. Clubs that have seen in the same league a few seasons tend to have a cadre of fan favorites that increase the buy in of the fans toward the team, and having to cut those loose would be a last resort.

In this way, from what I’ve seen and heard, EFFC seems to be doing a sterling job of keeping the links to the community open and honest. I have concerns (not really, but metaphorically) that the Pars have chosen the other tack without the honesty. If this results in a year of hibernation in Leagues One and Two, and completely revamped teams after that, I’m not sure the fan commitment will be present for those teams that didn’t keep the faith. The problem is faith can be costly.

On 22/05/2020 at 09:52, King Kebab said:

In the Courier today;

”East Fife manager Darren Young received a triple boost With skipper Kevin Smith, goalkeeper Brett Long and midfielder Ross Davidson agreeing to remain at the club.“

Excellent news, I’m especially chuffed that Brett has signed, best keeper we’ve had for years!!!

The same paper also saying that Airdrie are sniffing around Dunsmore, he’s also been offered a new deal but is taking a bit of time to consider his options, would be disappointed if Dunsy left us, but to leave us to go to a team in the same division would be a bit of a kick in the stones!!!

On 22/05/2020 at 10:31, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Delighted those three have signed hopefully we keep hold of Dunsy and Dowds. 
Yeah I dunno why we can’t keep hold of players especially if they go to another team in this league which I feel the same be rather kick in the backside but fingers crossed.

Brett Long

Jordan Hart

Chris Higgins

Ross Dunlop

Patrick Slattery

Stewart Murdoch

Ross Davidson

Liam Watt

Scott Agnew

Danny Denholm

Ryan Wallace

Kevin Smith

Thomas Collins?🤫 I dunno weather we’ve signed him or not I just stuck him in for what’s on here basically.

Craig Watson - I feel he could offer us more especially as back up but probably disappointed he’s not had much game time either he would of liked.

Kyle Bell - Signed last season ago came off the bench a few times to show he’s capable but injury to pre season at start of 2019/20 meant he missed out the whole season nearly, unfortunate with injury so I dunno weather we need to sign him or not up to those to decide.

Anton Dowds - Player that shown what he can do I still believe he needs another season at the Fife!

Aaron Dunsmore - Likewise to Dowds still think another season at league one is probably right for the player.

Jamie Allan - Made his debut off the bench at Montrose think we should be promoting players after winning the u20s award.

What do we need.

Well that’s us got two goal keepers plus those in the u20s too (Scoon etc)

Left back I don’t think we have signed anyone better since we got Penrice onloan a few years back so have Slattery in tells you everything though I love see Slattery more forward than in defence tbh.

Another defender if Janny has or hasn’t signed, Back up at centre back if required!

couple of midfielders?

one or two upfront plus the thought bring either MacKenzie, Cosgrove and Healy up is also a option.

But yeah it’s starting to look good on paper for or whenever the league restart back that is. Have I missed anyone?

On 22/05/2020 at 11:29, East Fife is best said:

Surely a move to Airdrie would be a sideway/backward step for Dunsy

Be better staying where he is for one more season specially with what's going on. Same applies to Dowds as there are no guarentees they will get a better deal elsewhere

On 22/05/2020 at 22:24, Bayviewboy said:

Dunsy has been a great signing for us and hopefully he recognises that East Fife have been good for him. No issues with him going full time. Airdrie will offer him reasonable money and full time football but it could be a big gamble in this present climate and the uncertainty of the coming months. If he has a decent job away from football he may be better staying part time for another year knowing it is an additional income. If staying part time where better to play than at East Fife where he is a fans favourite and with a great group of players. Fingers crossed he stays. Anton may be in the same boat. Is he still at Uni or got a decent job ? Could be a gamble going full time this year with all the uncertainty unless it was a top half Premier club. I’m sure the club will want to keep both players so fingers crossed. I’d love to see Craig Watson re-sign too as I feel he gives us options, always gives 100% and never lets us down. I fear that he may feel that he won’t be a starter and will prefer to move elsewhere to get that. Hopefully he is offered a contract and also stays.
I would imagine Lewis Baker and Lewis Hunter won’t be offered contracts as neither of them looked as though they could add anything to the squad.
If we can keep the three players mentioned above, I think we’d only need another two or three additions to complete a strong squad. Hopefully we get the chance to get back to supporting the Fife asap. Mon the Fife!

Would be surprised if we were signing any new players at the moment, though Stuart Millar our DoF did allude to the club being in a fairly decent position financially at the moment and that we have been offered players already by agents. 

There's no dobt Dunsmore leaving East Fife to come to Airdrie isn't exactly a move upwards, but it could be the prospect of full-time football that is tempting him (we have a hybrid set-up but I would assume he'd only come to us if we were offering him a full-time deal). Some people saying it's a gamble but I actually think, virus notwithstanding, it would be a pretty safe move. Full-time football at a level you know you can perform well at - sounds like the definition of safe to me. Regardless, if we are after him I doubt we will be signing him, or anyone else any time soon. We have 9 players signed up already so adding to the wage bill with little income coming in would seem daft. 

On 22/05/2020 at 22:39, WhoAmI said:

Just ask Dunsy "where are Jonathan Page and Kyle Wilkie now after leaving the Fife and going to Airdrie"

Bit harsh! Don't particularly want to open that can of worms again but Page has had one good season in his whole time in Scottish football (at East Fife) and spent his time at Airdrie grossly unfit and incapable of performing anywhere near the level required. He's now rightly plying his trade at the arse-end of League 2 where he'd have ended up eventually anyway. 

I liked Wilkie but presumably there's a reason why someone of his ostensible ability couldn't find a club better than Annan despite being a free agent the whole summer.

No mention of Jordan Hart in that piece but reading other posts it seemed he was signed. I liked Hart last season, although he was always struggling to win over the fans because Brett Long is a fans favourite. I hope he does re-sign as I think it’s important to have two quality goalkeepers to put each other under pressure to perform.

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:
As mentioned during our Player of the Year awards ceremony, we have agreed contract extensions with a number of this seasons squad and, subject to SFA clearance, hope to announce these over the next few days. Write up on it all below default_smile.png https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/805-squad-update-players-under-contract   

So it is just 8 signed, all the rest have just agreed terms, as I said in an earlier post it’s all just verbal agreements as nothing can be ratified until June by the SFA!!! 

At no point though was it stated though that Murdoch, Wallace, Higgins and Denholm had actually signed two year deals at the time we signed them, in fact the had the same “write-up” as Hart did saying only that they had “agreed terms for next season”, I’m assuming there was a get out clause for them if we got relegated???

https://www.eastfifefc.info/latest-news/655-goalkeeper-jordan-hart-agrees-terms-for-next-season 

1 hour ago, Bayviewboy said:
No mention of Jordan Hart in that piece but reading other posts it seemed he was signed. I liked Hart last season, although he was always struggling to win over the fans because Brett Long is a fans favourite. I hope he does re-sign as I think it’s important to have two quality goalkeepers to put each other under pressure to perform.

It’s actually the ever reliable Transfermarkt (sarcasm) that said he was signed until the end of Season 20-21, if he was perhaps he’s asked to be released??? 

That is the next thing I would expect to be rolled out in June, a list of released players!!! 

Edited by King Kebab

It’s actually the ever reliable Transfermarkt (sarcasm) that said he was signed until the end of Season 20-21, if he was perhaps he’s asked to be released??? 
That is the next thing I would expect to be rolled out in June, a list of released players!!! 
I would be shocked if anyone in our squad was looking towards the bottom of the table and putting in or asking for a relegation clause. Every single one of our players would walk into
Dumbarton,
Clyde,
Forfar,
Stranraer and
Peterheads squad.
I recon a few would even walk into the rest of the teams squads too.

I think this question comes up every year, when can we actually register the new contracts with the SFA? 1st of June or 9th of June or what? Hopefully the club have a plan in place in case we don't have any fitba for months on end. Be interesting to see what comes out of these meetings next week, I don't think the clubs will pass Budge's motion but the SPFL seem to be pressuring the clubs which would suggest that Sky wants change. 

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I would be shocked if anyone in our squad was looking towards the bottom of the table and putting in or asking for a relegation clause. Every single one of our players would walk into
Dumbarton,
Clyde,
Forfar,
Stranraer and
Peterheads squad.
I recon a few would even walk into the rest of the teams squads too.

Very true and it was just a suggestion, perhaps such a clause may be made at a Clubs behest, perhaps the players involved are on a subjectively good wage but perhaps one that wouldn’t be met or be struggled to be met in a lower division, it is just a suggestion I’m not saying this is actually what happened!!!

Although saying that, isn’t a known fact/rumour that Wallace has no interest playing in the Championship, and if we had went up last season he would have been away, it’s the reason he’s with us and not still at Arbroath???

32 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Very true and it was just a suggestion, perhaps such a clause may be made at a Clubs behest, perhaps the players involved are on a subjectively good wage but perhaps one that wouldn’t be met or be struggled to be met in a lower division, it is just a suggestion I’m not saying this is actually what happened!!!

Although saying that, isn’t a known fact/rumour that Wallace has no interest playing in the Championship, and if we had went up last season he would have been away, it’s the reason he’s with us and not still at Arbroath???

I think the only facts are-1 EF agreed a fee with Arbroath 2 Wallace agreed a 2 year deal with EF.