The East Fife Thread

40 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

In the Courier today;

”East Fife manager Darren Young received a triple boost With skipper Kevin Smith, goalkeeper Brett Long and midfielder Ross Davidson agreeing to remain at the club.“

Excellent news, I’m especially chuffed that Brett has signed, best keeper we’ve had for years!!!

The same paper also saying that Airdrie are sniffing around Dunsmore, he’s also been offered a new deal but is taking a bit of time to consider his options, would be disappointed if Dunsy left us, but to leave us to go to a team in the same division would be a bit of a kick in the stones!!!

Delighted those three have signed hopefully we keep hold of Dunsy and Dowds. 
Yeah I dunno why we can’t keep hold of players especially if they go to another team in this league which I feel the same be rather kick in the backside but fingers crossed.

Brett Long

Jordan Hart

Chris Higgins

Ross Dunlop

Patrick Slattery

Stewart Murdoch

Ross Davidson

Liam Watt

Scott Agnew

Danny Denholm

Ryan Wallace

Kevin Smith

Thomas Collins?🤫 I dunno weather we’ve signed him or not I just stuck him in for what’s on here basically.

Craig Watson - I feel he could offer us more especially as back up but probably disappointed he’s not had much game time either he would of liked.

Kyle Bell - Signed last season ago came off the bench a few times to show he’s capable but injury to pre season at start of 2019/20 meant he missed out the whole season nearly, unfortunate with injury so I dunno weather we need to sign him or not up to those to decide.

Anton Dowds - Player that shown what he can do I still believe he needs another season at the Fife!

Aaron Dunsmore - Likewise to Dowds still think another season at league one is probably right for the player.

Jamie Allan - Made his debut off the bench at Montrose think we should be promoting players after winning the u20s award.

What do we need.

Well that’s us got two goal keepers plus those in the u20s too (Scoon etc)

Left back I don’t think we have signed anyone better since we got Penrice onloan a few years back so have Slattery in tells you everything though I love see Slattery more forward than in defence tbh.

Another defender if Janny has or hasn’t signed, Back up at centre back if required!

couple of midfielders?

one or two upfront plus the thought bring either MacKenzie, Cosgrove and Healy up is also a option.

But yeah it’s starting to look good on paper for or whenever the league restart back that is. Have I missed anyone?

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Surely a move to Airdrie would be a sideway/backward step for Dunsy

Be better staying where he is for one more season specially with what's going on. Same applies to Dowds as there are no guarentees they will get a better deal elsewhere

Sidewards maybe . Backwards ? [emoji23][emoji23]

Anyway, can’t see any truth in this we have Kyle MacDonald signed up for next year who’s only 19 and done well at RB. Looks like a recycled story from when we were in for him before. Maybe it’s full time he’s after...

Dunfermline saying they can’t offer new contracts to any of the out of contract players. Given the rumour is Dowds is being looked at by them could that mean they aren’t in a position to actually offer him a contract?

Dunfermline saying they can’t offer new contracts to any of the out of contract players. Given the rumour is Dowds is being looked at by them could that mean they aren’t in a position to actually offer him a contract?
I hope so, would mean the only contract on the table would be ours. (We have surely given him one)

I'd doubt the only contract available to Anton is ours. But great to see those lads sign on, especially Brett. Losing Anton and Dunsy would be shite but baring in mind two years ago we were used to complete squad revamps.

Surely a move to Airdrie would be a sideway/backward step for Dunsy

Be better staying where he is for one more season specially with what's going on. Same applies to Dowds as there are no guarentees they will get a better deal elsewhere

Dunsy has been a great signing for us and hopefully he recognises that East Fife have been good for him. No issues with him going full time. Airdrie will offer him reasonable money and full time football but it could be a big gamble in this present climate and the uncertainty of the coming months. If he has a decent job away from football he may be better staying part time for another year knowing it is an additional income. If staying part time where better to play than at East Fife where he is a fans favourite and with a great group of players. Fingers crossed he stays. Anton may be in the same boat. Is he still at Uni or got a decent job ? Could be a gamble going full time this year with all the uncertainty unless it was a top half Premier club. I’m sure the club will want to keep both players so fingers crossed. I’d love to see Craig Watson re-sign too as I feel he gives us options, always gives 100% and never lets us down. I fear that he may feel that he won’t be a starter and will prefer to move elsewhere to get that. Hopefully he is offered a contract and also stays.
I would imagine Lewis Baker and Lewis Hunter won’t be offered contracts as neither of them looked as though they could add anything to the squad.
If we can keep the three players mentioned above, I think we’d only need another two or three additions to complete a strong squad. Hopefully we get the chance to get back to supporting the Fife asap. Mon the Fife!

Dunsy has been a great signing for us and hopefully he recognises that East Fife have been good for him. No issues with him going full time. Airdrie will offer him reasonable money and full time football but it could be a big gamble in this present climate and the uncertainty of the coming months. If he has a decent job away from football he may be better staying part time for another year knowing it is an additional income. If staying part time where better to play than at East Fife where he is a fans favourite and with a great group of players. Fingers crossed he stays. Anton may be in the same boat. Is he still at Uni or got a decent job ? Could be a gamble going full time this year with all the uncertainty unless it was a top half Premier club. I’m sure the club will want to keep both players so fingers crossed. I’d love to see Craig Watson re-sign too as I feel he gives us options, always gives 100% and never lets us down. I fear that he may feel that he won’t be a starter and will prefer to move elsewhere to get that. Hopefully he is offered a contract and also stays.
I would imagine Lewis Baker and Lewis Hunter won’t be offered contracts as neither of them looked as though they could add anything to the squad.
If we can keep the three players mentioned above, I think we’d only need another two or three additions to complete a strong squad. Hopefully we get the chance to get back to supporting the Fife asap. Mon the Fife!

Totally agree- if you wish to remain P/T no better place than EF. A great bunch of players on the cusp of something- just need that extra ingredient...if anyone gets F/T opportunity and want to follow their dream then no problem. Just hope in this environment they are careful of their choice

I think Dunsmore has never hidden his desire to return full-time, every season he's been reluctant to put pen to paper. He's the one player I dont think we could replace. Lets hope he's only keeping his options open & eventually signs on again. In this current climate, I'm sure it'd be better for Dowds to stay. I'm not sure he's ready for a step up just yet, he seemed to tail off, after the new year. A full season of banging them in should get him more noticed!

Excellent work by the club in getting Brett, Kev & Davo back. Lets hope our strategy pays off!  

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Good point, well made.

Enjoyed this.

Anyway, survey is a great idea from the club. Hope there's a good uptake as tend to sit here screaming about things I want from the club so that's probably the best way to do it. Only thing I can't really vent about is the club ownership situation but I appreciate it's not something the board can resolve cheaply, quickly or easily.