The East Fife Thread

Great way in EFtv showing us fans who don’t get to these sort of nights the poty thing online. It’s sad how the season ended like it did due to the circumstances hopefully once the football back we can have another go at the league one campaign but well done everyone and those winners including the media team and also the guy that does all the nice, looking pictures who have done amazing job away from the football, thank you!😁

From the video last night, they've said we've got 10 signed up with another 3 from the current squad likely to stay and 2 getting promoted from the U20's. So that's Hart, Murdoch, Higgins, Dunlop, Slattery, Agnew, Watt, Denholm, and Wallace as previously mentioned. That's 9, leaving us with 3 of Long, Dunsmore, Janny, Kev, Hunter, Dowds, Davidson, Baker and Bell to potentially signed up. 

From the video last night, they've said we've got 10 signed up with another 3 from the current squad likely to stay and 2 getting promoted from the U20's. So that's Hart, Murdoch, Higgins, Dunlop, Slattery, Agnew, Watt, Denholm, and Wallace as previously mentioned. That's 9, leaving us with 3 of Long, Dunsmore, Janny, Kev, Hunter, Dowds, Davidson, Baker and Bell to potentially signed up. 

I think Kev would be the 10th to sign on again. The other three from the current squad I would hope would be Dowds, Dunsmore and Davidson but we’ll have to wait and see. Will be interesting if anything changes re the league set up after reconstruction could be back on the table and if so how that would impact our own thinking for the new season if anything passed

Would love to see Dunsmore, Dowds, Davidson & Long back, in that order of preference. Be a bit unfair if Kev's time with us was to end like this though. I see him as useful in a coaching capacity, one day even part of our management set up, but has he still got it as a player? Not sure if we can afford to carry anyone. Be unlucky on Bell also. 

Looked into the furlough scheme, if anyone rejects a contract extension, they will then potentially be out of work until any games restart, wouldn't surprise me if bigger clubs are reluctant to offer contracts until money starts rolling in through paying-fans. Could work out for us with those out of contract players!

Some interesting strategies coming out, Stranraer are prepared to put their club into hibernation, rather than have to pay staff with no money coming in to keep the club going, Killie & Hamilton are not selling season tickets for next season. Where we don't want to have costs like a millstone around our neck, don't want to have to scramble around paying over the odds two weeks before the season starts, and spending the first quarter getting a team to gel. Furlough continues until October, we can use that to our advantage & steal a march on our competitors.

Lastly, a lot of players this season being dumped by Premiership sides, normally they'd maybe end up at a Dundee or a Dunfermline, we may see guys like Steven Whittaker & Danny Swanson ending up part time, hope we don't see one of our rivals snap up players of that level.

I'm confident the people we have running our club will make the right decisions though.

22 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Haven't we also signed a guy from BSC Glasgow recently as well. His name escapes me but I am sure looking back this thread it's there somewhere.

The only 5 “definite” signings as of the end of March were Watt, Slattery and Hart until June 2021 and Dunlop and Agnew until June 2022, I am assuming the other “five” haven’t been made public as the signings can’t be ratified by the SFA until June, so would it be prudent to say that they are on a “promise” to sign the way the Danny and Ryan’s signings were announced last Season???

If indeed these players did resign during last Season then perhaps the Club could actually announce a list of the signed players that we actually have???

Looking back on the press releases the Club made on last season’s new signings (Higgins, Murdoch, Wallace, Denholm and Hart) only Hart was stated as being on a two year deal, it was only said that the rest had “agreed terms for next season”. Now DY has come out and said that we’ve signed 10, gonna let us know who they are???

24 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

9 of them wer guessed at on this thread a while back,after listening to awards on sat I take it Kyle bell to be the 10th 

Ftfy

Must admit I'm not fully on board with the re-signing of Bell right now. He was a bit-part player before the injury, and would rather we had a look at him whenever pre-season comes around before dishing out a contract. 

Must admit I'm not fully on board with the re-signing of Bell right now. He was a bit-part player before the injury, and would rather we had a look at him whenever pre-season comes around before dishing out a contract. 
This. He's a very lucky boy if he has been offered a new contract. Still an absolute shame for the lad with what happened with his knee injury in the pre-season last year. I know he's young still but would rather have a fully fit and proven player on a contract instead.

The signed players posted the other week was.

Wallace, Denholm, Agnew, Dunlop, Murdoch, Higgins, Slattery, Watt, Hart, Collins (do we have to pay him 100% of wage as he wont be on furlough)

Left with.

Dowds, Baker, Hunter, Dunsmore, Kev, Watson, Long, Bell, Davidson all still to sign.

And Morrison will be back to hearts surely.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

The signed players posted the other week was.

Wallace, Denholm, Agnew, Dunlop, Murdoch, Higgins, Slattery, Watt, Hart, Collins (do we have to pay him 100% of wage as he wont be on furlough)

Left with.

Dowds, Baker, Hunter, Dunsmore, Kev, Watson, Long, Bell, Davidson all still to sign.

And Morrison will be back to hearts surely.

Has the Club actually provided this list or is this just  somebody’s best guess???

It’s great that we’ve signed 10 already, would just like to see official confirmation of who they are that’s all!!!