The East Fife Thread

I was -4 years old when Arnold played for east fife [emoji13]
Tbh I thought I had included an English player!

Sorry Ewan but Adeyemo has to go down as one of the worst players I’ve ever seen wearing an East Fife shirt. For someone who was at a full-time club his movement was terrible. Lost track of the number of times he had to be told from the bench where to run. Absolutely dreadful player (and I use that term very loosely !!)

Sorry Ewan but Adeyemo has to go down as one of the worst players I’ve ever seen wearing an East Fife shirt. For someone who was at a full-time club his movement was terrible. Lost track of the number of times he had to be told from the bench where to run. Absolutely dreadful player (and I use that term very loosely !!)
Haha and he then got a move to Watford after us [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Positive news in EFM saying we now know the teams in our league next season barring something happenin today,which means we can work out our budget,taking into consideration the income expected thru the gates,thank god for Partick and Falkirk. Also the gaffer talking to a few of our out of contract players 👍

2 hours ago, grant1903 said:

Positive news in EFM saying we now know the teams in our league next season barring something happenin today,which means we can work out our budget,taking into consideration the income expected thru the gates,thank god for Partick and Falkirk. Also the gaffer talking to a few of our out of contract players 👍

Missing Raith already?

Cmon Bayview Boy 🤣 you didn’t think I was being serious including him, did you?

He was absolutely shocking, probs the worst I’ve seen.

On 12/05/2020 at 13:15, ewan_fife said:

Name the best East Fife XI you have seen, but only using a nationality once.
I’ll start
GK - Callum Antell 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
RB - Alexsis Dutot emoji632.png CB - Joe Mbu - emoji1062.png Julen Extabeguren emoji633.pngLB - Goran Stanic emoji1154.png
RM - Caolan McAleer NI CM- Jesse Curran emoji1037.png CM- Scott Agnew 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 LM - Kurtis Bryne emoji1132.png ST- Colin Samuel emoji1247.png ST- Ola Adeyemo emoji1184.png. What a strikeforce!

Mark Lamont - Judea

17 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

You're possibly thinking of Tom Connor there

Yeah, your right. Both played at the same time, I was about 10.

Steve Pittman also from that era was American. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

1 hour ago, East Fife is best said:

Haven't kept to up to date with the contracts but who do we have out of contract and which one's would we keep or let go

Big decision ahead for Darren but one we should be positive about as we now seem like a great prospect for potential new signings and players wanting to stay

I think at least Brett, Dunsmore, Dowds, and Davidson aren't contracted. Would hope to keep them all. Wouldn't be surprised to see at least two leave. Dunsmore probably fancies full time, Dowds might get a better offer and Brett might not sign on given he was in and out the team for some inexplicable reason during the opening months of the season. Think there may be one or two more not contracted though, it was posted in this thread a fair few pages back who was signed on.

Messrs Hart, Murdoch, Higgins, Dunlop, Slattery, Agnew, Watt, Denholm, and Wallace are contracted for next season.

Even with furloghing however, there must come a time when the club will be unable to meet its contribution to the players' wages.

All very well speaking to more players , but with coronavirus still prevailing and with potentially no football for months and even then ,with

social distancing still in force,  the number of fans being admitted to Bayview will be substantially reduced.

In other words, the club will be putting a financial noose around its neck by signing more players.

Will be interesting to see what the club does with season ticket prices against this background

Personally I cannot see sponsors, advertisers lining up to invest in EF next season.

Having said all this , the same applies to all clubs outside the Premiership.

I did wonder if the government extending the furlough scheme to October might be in our benefit regarding out of contract players? Will another club signing one of them be able to stick them straight on furlough? Due to contracts ending, say 31st of May, do they just become unemployed, or would their next club take up paying their full wages from the next day?

I also wonder if clubs who rent their stadiums, might be at an advantage, they wont be losing  pitch rental income, or have maintenance costs, or will they still have to pay rent over the shutdown?

The fact wages are being paid by the government until October means we should be ok for the first quarter, hopefully by then crowds will be allowed back. 

Hopefully rival clubs are dithering over player contracts & we can steal a march.

Think season tickets would be the same as last year, hopefully we see the same old faces sooner rather than later, come the new season.

Edited by Life on Marrs?

53 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Even with furloghing however, there must come a time when the club will be unable to meet its contribution to the players' wages.

Will be interesting to see what the club does with season ticket prices against this background

Personally I cannot see sponsors, advertisers lining up to invest in EF next season.

Having said all this , the same applies to all clubs outside the Premiership.

Most sponsors and advertisers outwith the Premiership are local businesses who contribute more out of sentiment rather than seeing it as an actual business opportunity. 

And as far as the furlough scheme goes, I reckon it'll hurt Premiership clubs the most as it's only 80% to a maximum of £2500 per month. If you consider Premiership players on 3 or 4 grand a week, it's going to cost the Premiership clubs a lot to top up their wages and keep them happy with little or no income. 

I think top flight clubs will be recompensed by the new Sky deal.Other clubs,I'm not so sure.

From an EF perspective.lt will be interesting to see whether Rankine,Johnston,Twigg put their hands in their pockets.

No so sure that everyone will be buying a season ticket next season.

Psychologically will we feel safe and if the disease persists,will fans be allowed to watch games.

9 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Cmon Bayview Boy 🤣 you didn’t think I was being serious including him, did you?

He was absolutely shocking, probs the worst I’ve seen.

Ola was a class act. Slept the entire journey from Methil to Annan and managed the same on the way back. 

A performance I wouldn't expect to see repeated anytime soon.

The Player of the Year winners will be announced on East Fife TV tomorrow from 7pm.

https://eftv.info/player-of-the-year-awards-2019-20/

8 awards are presented, we review the highs & lows from the season, look back at some of the lighter moments, hear from the winners, manager & chairman and there may even be a few snippets of news about next season that I’m sure everyone will want to hear.

Loved it too. Disappointed that the season has ended like this but huge thanks to all at the club from the fans (I'm sure I speak for all of us)

Thanks to the board, management, players, volunteers, staff and to all other fans.

Hope to see everyone next season