The East Fife Thread

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:
39 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:
If the Govt stops the job retention scheme in June,having players under contract will b put the club at greater financial risk.Being punished for forward planning but clubs where all the players are out of contract will be better placed to survive.No one is going to be signing players just now.Presume clubs will use the supposed get out clause in contracts to enable them to survive.

Clubs may survive but if you are a decent player and the club does that you sure as hell aren't going to sign for them again when they want you back...

If there is no football this year,which is more than possible,how do you expect them to pay players with no income.Just about every club will do this.If and when we get through this players will still have to accept wage cuts.

55 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

If the Govt stops the job retention scheme in June,having players under contract will b put the club at greater financial risk.Being punished for forward planning but clubs where all the players are out of contract will be better placed to survive.No one is going to be signing players just now.Presume clubs will use the supposed get out clause in contracts to enable them to survive.

Been thinking that myself, its a gamble that may pay off, as the other clubs in the division may have a mad scramble to sign whoevers left at shirt notice when the green light comes on.

All depends on when though. 

26 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Hopefully you still have a club

I'll go one better.

Hopefully so will you! And not only that but hopefully you will have 8 Fife Derbies to look forward to next term too!

just got this email from the club

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Season 2019/20 - Ladbrokes League One

Firstly, I hope that you and your families are safe and well during this unprecedented period in our recent history ?  It is a very strange and unnerving time but hopefully it will not be too long before we return to some normality in our lives.

As you are no doubt aware, all 42 member clubs of the Scottish Professional Football League voted to back a resolution to curtail the season 2019/2020 with immediate effect.  Whilst our decision was to reject the proposals, we (the Club) must accept the outcome of the vote and look to move on.

Unfortunately, this means that we have lost the revenue of what would have been the remaining four home games of the season against Montrose, Clyde, Forfar Athletic and Falkirk.  This and the loss of other events that had been booked at Bayview means that we are faced with a potential cash flow issue. Whilst this does not in itself threaten the immediate financial stability of the Football Club, it does leave us with a huge hole in our finances.

We do however feel that we have a duty to address the effect this has on the balance of games remaining on your season ticket, and to that end we feel that there are two options available to us :
a)  The Club refunds the full pro-rata value remaining on your season ticket to you.  This option would see us refunding circa £8500.
b)  You consider the balance as a donation to the Club.
The second option is entirely at your discretion but would be greatly appreciated.

Should you decide to go for option (a) we would ask that we can defer this payment to allow us to generate further funds. The refund will then be made on surrender of the remaining four stubs in your season ticket book.  The value of the repayments would be as follows :

Adult - Early bird tickets - £48.88 Full price tickets - £54.44               Half season tickets - £52.22

Concession / Unemployed / Student
Early bird tickets - £38.89                             Full price tickets - £43.33               Half season tickets - £43.11

There will be no refund on Under 16s season tickets nor a refund of the £20 administration fee paid by our over 80s ticket holders.

Again the second option (b) is entirely at your discretion but would be greatly appreciated.

We would be grateful if you could convey which option you intend to take. This could be by mail, email (office@eastfifefc.info) or by telephone on 01333 426323 (please be patient as Leona is working on her own at this time).

We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours in Sport,

Jim Stevenson – Chairman – East Fife Football Club

just got this email from the club

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Season 2019/20 - Ladbrokes League One

Firstly, I hope that you and your families are safe and well during this unprecedented period in our recent history ?  It is a very strange and unnerving time but hopefully it will not be too long before we return to some normality in our lives.

As you are no doubt aware, all 42 member clubs of the Scottish Professional Football League voted to back a resolution to curtail the season 2019/2020 with immediate effect.  Whilst our decision was to reject the proposals, we (the Club) must accept the outcome of the vote and look to move on.

Unfortunately, this means that we have lost the revenue of what would have been the remaining four home games of the season against Montrose, Clyde, Forfar Athletic and Falkirk.  This and the loss of other events that had been booked at Bayview means that we are faced with a potential cash flow issue. Whilst this does not in itself threaten the immediate financial stability of the Football Club, it does leave us with a huge hole in our finances.

We do however feel that we have a duty to address the effect this has on the balance of games remaining on your season ticket, and to that end we feel that there are two options available to us :
a)  The Club refunds the full pro-rata value remaining on your season ticket to you.  This option would see us refunding circa £8500.
b)  You consider the balance as a donation to the Club.
The second option is entirely at your discretion but would be greatly appreciated.

Should you decide to go for option (a) we would ask that we can defer this payment to allow us to generate further funds. The refund will then be made on surrender of the remaining four stubs in your season ticket book.  The value of the repayments would be as follows :

Adult - Early bird tickets - £48.88 Full price tickets - £54.44               Half season tickets - £52.22

Concession / Unemployed / Student
Early bird tickets - £38.89                             Full price tickets - £43.33               Half season tickets - £43.11

There will be no refund on Under 16s season tickets nor a refund of the £20 administration fee paid by our over 80s ticket holders.

Again the second option (b) is entirely at your discretion but would be greatly appreciated.

We would be grateful if you could convey which option you intend to take. This could be by mail, email (office@eastfifefc.info) or by telephone on 01333 426323 (please be patient as Leona is working on her own at this time).

We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours in Sport,

Jim Stevenson – Chairman – East Fife Football Club

Option b for me

And me 🖤💛

meant to add,maybe the club should look to take a down payment on next years season tickets to keep the cash flow going,maybe £50 or £100 from folk that can afford to do that,I appreciate that not everyone is in a position to do so,it was mentioned on the Clyde page 🖤💛

Edited by grant1903
Added to it

2 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Given that all the 2019-20 kits are now reduced in the club shop, does that mean that we'll be getting new away and third kits next season (whenever that is) as well?

Yeah I saw that all the remaining kits are on the sale bit online and wondered the same if they will be a change like the home kit, I say keep the white kit as the alternative and bring back the purple kit from the Naysmith era...😍

23 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I know we didn't seem to get results in it, but I still think the black 3rd kit is smart as f**k! 

BEBC059A-7538-4D15-9C06-C9D976C88784.gif

Agreed. It has been an absolute curse for us. 
Nice kit, but completely unnecessary, and completely jinxed.
In any case, a third kit is only needed for financial reasons, it's not hard to pick an away kit that doesn't clash with anything else. I still don't understand our recent tendency to wear away kits when we don't need to.