18 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

At one point we had:
Boyd
Dowds
Smith
Wallace
Duggan

So you never know.

Boyd was a short term deal due to Smith & Duggan being out until January. He didnt have a club, so it suited both parties.

Baker came with a good pedigree, hasn't had much of a chance to show it though. Doing the business early on has stood us in good stead the last couple of years, lets hope this Collins guy can make the step up.

Definatly be trying to sign up Dowds for longer.

How long does the furlough scheme go on for? Starting to think we might not see much football before the end of the year, I know we're probably healthier than many other clubs, but with no gate income, we're bound to struggle.

The furlough scheme I'm on is for an initial 3 months! Just reading the news there that some social distancing measures will be in place for the rest of the year! It was only a few weeks ago we allowed thousands of football fans in from Leverkusen and Madrid, both highly infected City's and of course the horse festival at Cheltenham still went ahead, can't help but think that someone's fucked up somewhere.

Based on that update from Nicola Sturgeon it seems any form of football is a long long way away. Would it be possible for someone at the club to update on our situation financially going forward? What financial shortfalls there are and how we can be contributing more? What, if anything, is the majority shareholder providing? I think I speak for everyone on here that it I want to have a football club to support at the end of this and hopefully as much transparency can be shown with fans in order to keep some sort of income coming into the club. 

Based on that update from Nicola Sturgeon it seems any form of football is a long long way away. Would it be possible for someone at the club to update on our situation financially going forward? What financial shortfalls there are and how we can be contributing more? What, if anything, is the majority shareholder providing? I think I speak for everyone on here that it I want to have a football club to support at the end of this and hopefully as much transparency can be shown with fans in order to keep some sort of income coming into the club. 
https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/792-club-statement-spfl-resolution-covid-19

Ways to contribute on here.

I think everyone should get on the goldmine lotto.

I know the prizes aren't as large as the national lotto. But the goldmine makes the club money and just think of it as your 50/50 draw ticket each week with a bigger prize of that.

So far fans have donated £7165 through the gofundme site but seems to be coming to a standstill. Raith are over £40,000(much bigger fan base), Dumbarton almost at £16,000, Albion Rovers reached  £10,000 and Elgin catching us up. A bit disappointing considering we have been helped by Raith, Hearts and Partick fans??????  Possibly other ways of donating that I don't know about??? Would be nice if somebody locally like Diagio who are still producing, contributed but don't think they are well known for it.

Maybe fans think as the season has been declared & prize money paid, or the government's furlough scheme means that the club are fine for the time being. Maybe people have other priorities, especially with this looking longer than a 2-3months thing. Or maybe we are all just needing geed up again? 

Ordered the wee man the new strip last week, not sure if the club makes off it though.

How is the club's finances at the moment? Was thinking of sponsoring a players kit, for next season. Does anyone know the costs? Or does the club need the money in now? 

Maybe fans think as the season has been declared & prize money paid, or the government's furlough scheme means that the club are fine for the time being. Maybe people have other priorities, especially with this looking longer than a 2-3months thing. Or maybe we are all just needing geed up again? 
Ordered the wee man the new strip last week, not sure if the club makes off it though.
How is the club's finances at the moment? Was thinking of sponsoring a players kit, for next season. Does anyone know the costs? Or does the club need the money in now? 
It costs £100 to sponsor a players kit.

Give Leona an email on office@eastfifefc.info with who you want to sponsor and she will sort you out.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

It costs £100 to sponsor a players kit.

Give Leona an email on office@eastfifefc.info with who you want to sponsor and she will sort you out.

Incidetly, does this money go to the club, or does it go to the relevant player? Just trying to work out what would help the club out better, this or a donation? 

If the Govt stops the job retention scheme in June,having players under contract will b put the club at greater financial risk.Being punished for forward planning but clubs where all the players are out of contract will be better placed to survive.No one is going to be signing players just now.Presume clubs will use the supposed get out clause in contracts to enable them to survive.

If the Govt stops the job retention scheme in June,having players under contract will b put the club at greater financial risk.Being punished for forward planning but clubs where all the players are out of contract will be better placed to survive.No one is going to be signing players just now.Presume clubs will use the supposed get out clause in contracts to enable them to survive.
Clubs may survive but if you are a decent player and the club does that you sure as hell aren't going to sign for them again when they want you back...