The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, sneed hearn said:

Have no problem with Raith being awarded the league but the Chairman comes over as a bumbling ham.He better hope Raith are not in the same leajgue as  Hearts ,Dundee or Falkirk.There must be someone more competent at the Rovers to speak for the club.

Oh dear!

For all his perceived faults at least in Bill Clark we have a chairman who decided not to sit back and say nothing but was willing to put his board's points forward and fight for his club. His initial points were picked up by SKY from his Raith Tv interview and the Courier wanted a story so they contacted him so it's not as if he contacted them seeking fame or notoriety.

Falkirk board weren't saying much and the media weren't interested in Jim Stevensons views (and from what I've seen no bugger else is either). Some kudos to the EFFC board, at least they put out a statement claiming why they voted no even if it was only a half truth.

There seems to be either very little emanating from L1 boardrooms  or the media aren't interested. I still couldn't tell you the name of the Falkirk chairman as he didn't seem keen to raise his head above the parapet. The only reason I know who is East Fife chairman is because I used to work for him and his Dad.

I have nothing against Raith going up, had we been in the same position then we would be calling for the league to be ended. Likewise if Raith were anywhere but 1st there would be no way that they would have voted yes. It’s the way it has been handled that has caused the problem. There is certainly a lot more to this whole story still to come out with allegations being thrown about all over the place.

Clubs have to look after their self interest and there is no problem with that.

Now we no the season is finished and to keep our positive hopes up about when football can resume who should we keep and release from the current squad and what positions do we need to strengthen
I noticed that Clyde look to be in a bit of trouble so I would sign Ray Grant off them but not sure who I would take out the team for him. But he could be good back up if something happened to out current CMs

I have nothing against Raith going up, had we been in the same position then we would be calling for the league to be ended. Likewise if Raith were anywhere but 1st there would be no way that they would have voted yes. It’s the way it has been handled that has caused the problem. There is certainly a lot more to this whole story still to come out with allegations being thrown about all over the place.

Clubs have to look after their self interest and there is no problem with that.

Most sensible post ive read. Dont believe for one minute rangers and hearts gives a damn about any club. Rangers dont want celtic to win 9 in a row but are trying to there best to haul every team into there arguement wheres the Evidence Rangers? Likewise Hearts budge and Levein total disaster for the last 3 years. I for one would love Rovers to win the league but unfortunately this horrible virus has almost ruined the future of scottish football and tough decisions had to be made . Cash is king and this has been the only reason the season has came to a premature end. We could have been in another position in the league would have i been happy absolutely not but the decision have been made hopefully now teams can survive until the new season

6 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Now we no the season is finished and to keep our positive hopes up about when football can resume who should we keep and release from the current squad and what positions do we need to strengthen

I would be happy to retain almost all off the squad we hav,not sure if baker be with us and Kev smiths appearances may be limited so I’d say prob upfront worth looking at 🖤💛

5 hours ago, grant1903 said:

I would be happy to retain almost all off the squad we hav,not sure if baker be with us and Kev smiths appearances may be limited so I’d say prob upfront worth looking at 🖤💛

Thomas Colins has signed a 2 year contract from bsc 

Edited by Life on Mars

Echo the above statement. Never like to see anyone leaving & a big part of our success the last few years has been down to us having a settled squad with few changes.

Firstly if players get a move up a level, or to full time you accept that, hate when someone appears at one of our rival clubs. 

The 2 players I think could play at a higher level & probably looking to return full time, would be Dunsmore & Murdoch & for that reason the hardest to replace on our budget, so definitely hope to keep that pair (I'm assuming Agggy & Waldo are signed up?). 

I'd be happy to keep everyone though & add another midfielder & a forward, or 2. Would be good if a couple of the youngsters could make the move up. 

Sometimes though squads need freshening up. 

3 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

It's going to depend on what happens with reconstruction, if they go 14 10 10 10 then you d have to make us one of the favourites for next season, and we might be able to keep/attract a decent standard of player.

East Fi fe are probably in the same place as Airdrie,   Thistle and Falkirk in League 1,provides big games and larger crowds to off set that you are basically fighting for 3rd place..   Re construction gets passed T histle and Falkirk  end up in the championship,  leaving league 1 basically a wasteland with a one season only shot at glory..    Not too sure what I would fancy to be honest, League 1 is turgid at the best of times........

18 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Signing Colins would presume that either 1 or both of Smith and Baker are away or as mentioned Smith takes a little more of a back seat maybe player/coach role if injuries are catching up with him

Let’s hope we can keep ahold of dowds,Wallace already signed for next season,no sure abt anton 

All this talk of signings is very strange to me. No clubs know what is going to happen with the fitba anytime soon. I am guessing most part-time fitba players might be happy to resign with their current clubs, continue their employment whilst furloughed and see how/if/when a possible 20/21 season might unfold. If 14/10/10/10 comes about, which despite being the best possibility of league reconstruction is still a big maybe, our budget will be completely different as we then wouldn't have Partick, Falkirk or Raith in this league. Add into the mix that we've got a couple of players that might be fancying a step up to FT or another team,  planning for "next season" seems a bit vague and pointless right now. We might not be playing this side of Christmas at which point the more experienced players are a year older, will they still be able to do it at this level? All a bit up in the air really.