The East Fife Thread

59 minutes ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

With respect KK I’ve read everything you’ve said and as a result know full well how you feel tonight that your might neighbours have won the league and have deservedly been promoted. By the way is Tazz on back shift? Seems to have gone missing. ROARING BACK!!!!.

As much as I think you're one of the decent ones LR, you're way off the mark by stating you won the league and have been deservedly promoted.

Not that I'm bitter though and hope you enjoy next season.

As much as I'm against calling the season early,the league have decided this, not Raith. Congratulations on this, forever an asterisk by your name! I'm going to miss the derbies banter & the extra cash. I'm sure Raith have enyoyed it too. Is this 14/14/14 reconstruction a reality, or is that just wishful thinking, as we'd stand to gain? I'm not into some 14/10/10/10 set up, I think bringing in more clubs causes problems further down the line, not least as we'd lose Falkirk & Patrick's money. 

Whatever happens we voted against. #conscience clear! 

12 hours ago, Levenmouth Rover said:
With respect KK I’ve read everything you’ve said and as a result know full well how you feel tonight that your might neighbours have won the league and have deservedly been promoted. By the way is Tazz on back shift? Seems to have gone missing. ROARING BACK!!!!.

Poor attempt at a fishing trip there LR, but if your posts are genuine then you’re showing a serious lack of class, have you actually lost anyone to Covid 19 yet mate???
These are terrible, terrible times and your Club, rightly or wrongly, has benefited from it. Congratulations on your award but please try to accept it for what it is and with some good grace at least and please spare us the distasteful jibes, as Stevo said, thought you were one of the decent ones, even Frank hasn’t come out with pish like this yet!!!

Edited by King Kebab

I’m a bit worried about wee Taz, he’s been very quiet. Can someone check and see if he’s ok?

Perhaps recent events have been too much for him, I’d hate to think it was anything worse.

Edited by Scottydog

Glad you can see the posts for what they are. Loved the wind up on your old AFTN site until I was banned for the third time. Never posted an offensive comment but loved the banter between us. Genuinely hope reconstruction keeps as together as I’ve previously said. The last few seasons have seen some great games between us and they’ll be sorely missed. ROARING BACK.

Never mind it wont be long before you lot are roaring back to the seaside leagur again, you aren't good enough to stay up, even with Alloa and Arbroath in the Championship

Completely changing the topic, congratulations must go to both Arbroath & Alloa. Who would've thought they would both stay up, gives all of us p/t sides ambition to see just what could be achieved. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Have no problem with Raith being awarded the league but the Chairman comes over as a bumbling ham.He better hope Raith are not in the same leajgue as  Hearts ,Dundee or Falkirk.There must be someone more competent at the Rovers to speak for the club.

Come on lads, you are neighbours 😂😂

Seriously, when the smokies went up, I was genuinely happy for them, but gutted, the Mo v Arbroath games could get 2000 fans easy and I’m guessing it will be the same for you? It was a brilliant atmosphere when we played the fish smelling seaside tuechters.

I have always found both the Raith and East Fife fans good supporters and had a great crack with individuals from both teams, so it’s no true what they say bout the Fifers 👍👍 

I fear we are in for an interminable period of legal wrangling because of the shambolic manner in which this has been handled. I remain broadly in favour of ending the season as things stand and looking at a league reconstruction that will no longer disadvantage part-time clubs in the second tier. 

The events in the past couple of weeks do not fill me with confidence.

Edited by Angusfifer

5 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I fear we are in for an interminable period of legal wrangling because of the shambolic manner in which this has been handled. I remain broadly in favour of ending the season as things stand and looking at a league reconstruction that will no longer disadvantage part-time clubs in the second tier. 

What do you refer to when you say this out of interest? The best reconstruction for us would, I would guess, be a 14/14/14 or something of that ilk, basically anything that involves us going "up" to a bigger 2nd tier. Anything else (such as 14/10/10/10) is a bit shite but I'm not sure how it disadvantages us.

8 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I agree totally.

Even if temporary, there should be teams moved up from the Highland / Lowland leagues.

Partick Thistle have been hard done by, Stranraer haven’t. Brechin look like having a great escape.

Ive always thought the top 2 should be promoted in every league, and there should be no relegation.

But how big each league should be, I don’t know.

10 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

What do you refer to when you say this out of interest? The best reconstruction for us would, I would guess, be a 14/14/14 or something of that ilk, basically anything that involves us going "up" to a bigger 2nd tier. Anything else (such as 14/10/10/10) is a bit shite but I'm not sure how it disadvantages us.

A second tier of 10, under a top tier of 12 makes it exceptionally difficult for part-time clubs to survive for more than two seasons in the Championship. There is no realistic prospect of progression.