The East Fife Thread

On 12/04/2020 at 17:44, East Fife is best said:

This is why we love this club the way we conduct ourselves and the way we put out statements are drawer

Glad to see it was indeed us that was 1 of the 3 to vote no with i'm assuming the other 2 being Falkirk and Stranraer

I would have thought so. Edinburgh City have just said they voted against it, along with us and Stranraer. That must mean Falkirk voted for it?? 

I still can't believe you can promote/relegate anyone on an uncompleted season. Sporting integrity etc. 

Null and void is the only option I see as right, but award prize money on current placings. 

Airdrie voted for also? 

7 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

I would have thought so. Edinburgh City have just said they voted against it, along with us and Stranraer. That must mean Falkirk voted for it?? 

I still can't believe you can promote/relegate anyone on an uncompleted season. Sporting integrity etc. 

Null and void is the only option I see as right, but award prize money on current placings. 

Airdrie voted for also? 

There were 4 league1/2 clubs that voted no I think. The SPFL vote only had 16 for and 3 against in their nose count, so one team was missing. Assume then that the 4 were Falkirk, Stranraer, East Fife and Edinburgh City.

Whenever next season starts I reckon our cloth is going to have to be cut. Any reconstruction, assuming it's the unlikely 14/14/14 situation, will lead to Falkirk going up too. Gates in this league will be significantly lower than projected.

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Whenever next season starts I reckon our cloth is going to have to be cut. Any reconstruction, assuming it's the unlikely 14/14/14 situation, will lead to Falkirk going up too. Gates in this league will be significantly lower than projected.

Given Anne Budge is heading the talks on reconstruction (WTF?), I'd imagine there'll be two promoted and no relegation. That would surely leave East Fife as one of the favourites for league one next season, therefore surely if you're winning most weeks, the increase in home punters will offset the Lino pound? 

3 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Given Anne Budge is heading the talks on reconstruction (WTF?), I'd imagine there'll be two promoted and no relegation. That would surely leave East Fife as one of the favourites for league one next season, therefore surely if you're winning most weeks, the increase in home punters will offset the Lino pound? 

The Fife will be one of two favourites.............................................  .Plastic Whistle the other.                 Mon The Fife!!

14 14 14 would mean us going up as well though.

FF. Surely if it wasn’t fair for the Rovers to go up (as per King Kebab et al) it’s equally unfair for East Fife to go up in similar circumstances. Totally in favour of league reconstruction but it will be fascinating how the views of many East Fife fans on here change when their league position gives them an advantage. That said I’d be delighted with Rovers, East Fife and the Scum all in the same league. Eight derbies a season . Bring it on. ROARING BACK!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

FF. Surely if it wasn’t fair for the Rovers to go up (as per King Kebab et al) it’s equally unfair for East Fife to go up in similar circumstances. Totally in favour of league reconstruction but it will be fascinating how the views of many East Fife fans on here change when their league position gives them an advantage. That said I’d be delighted with Rovers, East Fife and the Scum all in the same league. Eight derbies a season . Bring it on. ROARING BACK!!!!!

Tbh I would be astonished if there's actually any league reconstruction happens. Soft promises by the SPFL to Nelms to get the vote over the line will likely be as far as this goes. 

15 minutes ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

Well, yes. If we were to get some kind of 'promotion' based on restructuring then we wouldn't really deserve it but we'd take it and most likely come up with every reason we could think of to justify it.

Obviously you didn’t read all I said or you have a victim mentality, I said it was unfair for any Club to be promoted or relegated based on an unfinished season, where every Club in those positions now affected still had time to get out of those League standings!!!
I did also say that I would be in favour of some kind reconstruction, whether it affected us or not as it is going to be the only way we can avoid this farce next Season, as less games will need to be played, there’s no way next season is going to be started at an early enough date to play 36 League games AND three cup competitions!!!

If the insane 14-10-10-10 gets put through, it would be really amusing/worrisome. There would be the possibility of four dropping from Championship to League One while two could be moving up from League One. Just envisioning Falkirk, Raith, Partick and QoS all dropping into League One while East Fife and Airdrie move up....

As a Raith fan, it’s the way you learn to think.