The East Fife Thread

12 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Eftv has a compilation of 2018's goals.

Are there any plans to do this for 2019's goals?

I know there's a bit of work/editing involved & there's other priorities just now, but just asking. Keep up the good work all.

The 2019 goals are all on facebook.

For anyone who didn't get the chance to watch the game on yesterday, it's available to view until Friday

https://eftv.info/classic-matches/

East Fife TV plan to show other "live" matches throughout the shut down. This requires a fair bit of work by the media team to pull everything together so if anyone would like to make a donation, all the details are in the link above. Thanks to everyone who did donate yesterday!

For anyone who didn't get the chance to watch the game on yesterday, it's available to view until Friday
https://eftv.info/classic-matches/
East Fife TV plan to show other "live" matches throughout the shut down. This requires a fair bit of work by the media team to pull everything together so if anyone would like to make a donation, all the details are in the link above. Thanks to everyone who did donate yesterday!

Watched it yesterday- was great fun. Thank you for putting it on. Also donated- treated it like going to a game-hope we are getting donations when our fans are watching this to help the club in difficult times.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 11:31, LauraEFFC said:

The 2019 goals are all on facebook.

Excellent, l'm not on Facebook but thanks for including the video on here. Gives my son something to watch whilst school is off, he must've watched 2018s compilation 30 times! 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

I know we have offered a deal for armed services staff for a few years. Think after the stoor settles, on covid 19, could we maybe offer some kind of deal for NHS staff, as a wee thank you, maybe even in place of the armed forces one (ps I'm neither, but greatful for the job they do). 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

1VxTd6gE_bigger.jpg

Club Statement - COVID-19

Following extensive discussions with our Board of Directors over the last couple of weeks, I feel that now is a good time to advise our fans on the current situation at Bayview.

As you will all appreciate our first priority is for the health & well-being of all of our employees including players, management, club office staff and, of course, our volunteers. There has been a lot work going on behind the scenes and no doubt this will continue for a good while yet.

The outbreak of the COVID-19 virus has caused an enormous amount of disruption to both the football club, and more importantly, the wider community. As you will be aware, all domestic football has been postponed until 30th April 2020 at the earliest, however, we realistically expect the shutdown to run well into the summer.

As a club we have implemented the following actions to safeguard our employees:

• The club office is now closed and will remain closed for the foreseeable future. Leona & Carolyn will be working from home during the closure and are available to answer any enquiries via email. 
  • Following guidance from the SFA last week, no first-team or under 20s training sessions have taken place. Players are undertaking fitness training on their own although the management teams have been available to provide them with any support and advice required. 
  • The Locality Hub Bayview Stadium will also remain closed until further notice.

As you can imagine, the postponement of all matches will have a substantial impact of the club financially. At the time of the shutdown we had 4 home league matches to play which has resulted in loss in revenue from gate admissions and sold-out hospitality as well as losses from club shop and bar sales. Our final scheduled home match of this season against Falkirk would have generated income of around £20,000 on its own. We are also in a promising position within the league & were very much in contention for the promotion play-offs this year, matches which would have also generated a considerable amount of revenue for the club.

Following a lot of hard-work by the Board of Directors over the last few years, East Fife Football Club are in a relatively safe financial position however the losses detailed above put a significant strain on club finances and we will begin to struggle should the shutdown continue into August as some within the game have indicated. East Fife do have Business Interruption insurance, including closure for diseases, however, when we enquired about this last week, we were advised that we would not be covered by that insurance as the stadium hadn’t been closed due to an incident of this coronavirus on the premises. We are currently checking whether our position changes now that we’ve entered a government mandated shutdown.

I have been heartened by the number of supporters who have contacted the club wishing to contribute financially. I have so far been reluctant to ask supporters for donations as I know many will be struggling with their own position at this time. We have, however, given our backing to a Gofundme campaign set up by Melanie Lothian & Mandy Stevenson. You can donate to the page here.

I would also encourage all supporters to sign up for our Goldmine Lotto which you can now do online. The current jackpot is £1,450 and the draw takes place every Wednesday at 1pm. For more info & to play click here.

East Fife TV and our media team having been doing a fantastic job keeping you informed and entertained over the past couple of weeks and have plans in place for future features. Last weekend I’m sure many of you tuned in to watch their “live” match & I’m sure you’ll do so again this weekend; I hear we’re going to have the chance to relive another memorable encounter! East Fife TV are showing all of these matches for free but donations can be made if you wish here. All monies donated will come directly to the club.

Finally, I encourage all of you to adhere to all advice issued by the government to help fight this virus and I hope you & your family remain safe & well.

Yours

Jim Stevenson

Chairman

Following extensive discussions between our Board of Directors over the last few weeks, Chairman Jim Stevenson would like to issue supporters with the following update

🔗
https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/788-club-statement-covid-19

Although the club has not yet formally set up an official HELP EF Fund , i suspect that it will not be long before such a request is made.

At the moment we have a request for funds initiated by 2 lady supporters, a request supported by the club.Some supporters have already contributed to this fund-indeed a few supporters of other clubs including our local rivals,Raith Rovers. Thanks guys.

Some supporters have understandably raised valid concerns about the lack of investment/financial support from the principal shareholder. It will be very interesting to see what happens if and when the club officially makes a request for funds.

As far as this particular fans request is concerned, I feel that their initiative should be supported.

Needing to promote this more outside of P&B not everybody is on here!!!
Those that “pay at the gate” should be looking at paying their money for the four games the Club are missing out on, you don’t need to do it all in a oner!!!
And yes that Bawbag Rankine should be getting publicly embarrassed over this, either him or Twigg and should be shown to be accountable as the “Majority Shareholder” all publicity hurts him remember!!!

I tried to donate something for your club but am not sure if it went through,anyone help me please.

On the GoFundMe page, complete your details, donation and card details. Click on donate. If it has gone through you’ll get an email confirmation and if you come out of the page and go back in your name and donation will show. Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, steakngravy said:

I tried to donate something for your club but am not sure if it went through,anyone help me please.

hummmmm...

2 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

On the GoFundMe page, complete your details, donation and card details. Click on donate. If it has gone through you’ll get an email confirmation and if you come out of the page and go back in your name and donation will show. Hope that helps.

🎣, oh dear.

txrover I am trying to help a local club,perhaps you are to far away to realise these things,or if you are just trying to be a smart arse then f**k off back to JR ranch. Bayviewboy I will try to check it out in the morning. TXrover do us all a favour f**k off.

Tx saw your later message am pleased you put something into East Fife's pot,but please never try to belittle someone who is trying to help another person or team. Never ever tell me to f**k off to save your face.

Edited by steakngravy
The man's an enigma Texas he's probably in Dysart.

I send £20 a month to the club normally, will likely update this to go a bit higher as I'm working from home and my company is fairly sound financially so don't see me suffering through this really. Anyone else just getting utterly smashed on like, Tuesdays and stuff though? Bit of a nightmare. Anyway I'll fire a few dubloons into that GoFundMe account when my hangover passes.