The East Fife Thread

On 14/03/2020 at 23:14, smuggfifer said:

As was suggested previously, freeze the league as it is. Make the end of season payments based on current position. Then restart in July /August, playing the remaining fixtures from 19/20 season and 3 rounds of fixtures in 20/21 season. The league Cup return to straight KO format for 1 season. Scrap the biscuits cup for a season.
Play SC semis and final as season opener.

Just a thought

Alternatively end the season after the third quarter, when all the clubs have faced each other three times, voiding the 7th March results, then play the play-offs. 

Edited by Angusfifer

On 14/03/2020 at 23:14, smuggfifer said:

As was suggested previously, freeze the league as it is. Make the end of season payments based on current position. Then restart in July /August, playing the remaining fixtures from 19/20 season and 3 rounds of fixtures in 20/21 season. The league Cup return to straight KO format for 1 season. Scrap the biscuits cup for a season.
Play SC semis and final as season opener.

Just a thought

I'd rather see this season complete regardless of how long it takes.

20-21 could be a half season 1 home 1 away to enable things to catch up.

That said, we could all be fucking dead and then it wont matter.

2 hours ago, faither said:

It may be worth considering an early sale of season tickets. I know that simply delays the problem but it would help cashflow from now until the end of the season.

At the same time the club should get its creative thinkers setting up income generating activities that don't involve physical attendance at events.

I'd be very reluctant simply to contribute cash to a "Save EF Fund" unless there was a clear commitment from the majority shareholder Ms Twigg to contribute too - at least on a matching basis.

Although the club means a lot to us and the community it is still under the private control of an individual and if she can't make the effort to help save her own asset then why should the ordinary supporter 

100% spot on! 

2 hours ago, faither said:

It may be worth considering an early sale of season tickets. I know that simply delays the problem but it would help cashflow from now until the end of the season.

At the same time the club should get its creative thinkers setting up income generating activities that don't involve physical attendance at events.

I'd be very reluctant simply to contribute cash to a "Save EF Fund" unless there was a clear commitment from the majority shareholder Ms Twigg to contribute too - at least on a matching basis.

Although the club means a lot to us and the community it is still under the private control of an individual and if she can't make the effort to help save her own asset then why should the ordinary supporter 

This is quite a frustrating point. We've got a good board, a loyal board, one that (whilst not perfect) is running the club extremely well but with a complete ghost owner who doesn't give a flying shit. An owner who remains invested no doubt because 15 years ago she or Neil thought the land would be worth a fortune, and will contribute absolutely nothing to the running of the club. I've no real idea what Lorraine/Rankine's end-game is here, I assume it's the land value they hope to cash in on, maybe not. 

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Can't see that happening, she must be about 20 & was only named as shareholder, as Neil Rankine, was also involved with Livvy & another ( Dumbarton?) 

Early, early bird season tickets is a great idea though, you couldn't include the 4 outstanding from this season though. 

Don't know if they could be sold in a package of some sort? 

The majority of the shares 102,000 or so are owned by Bayview Fife Ltd whose sole director is aged 51.

3 hours ago, faither said:

If the existing board had followed this policy after the previous board’s fiasco,there currently wouldn’t be an East Fife.Their substantial financial input and the sale of land saved the club.It seems a bit much not to back them now .

" If the existing board had followed this policy after the previous board’s fiasco,there currently wouldn’t be an East Fife.Their substantial financial input and the sale of land saved the club.It seems a bit much not to back them now ."

I'm not sure what point you are making - I made no reference to any policy.

I simply pointed out that the existing owner could make a contribution to help the club in these circumstances. That has nothing to do with what I agree is the good work by the current board.

As far as backing them now I've just done that by making a couple of suggestions. I'm also a shareholder who doesn't see why the owner of the club shouldn't contribute too.

Edited by faither
Addition

" If the existing board had followed this policy after the previous board’s fiasco,there currently wouldn’t be an East Fife.Their substantial financial input and the sale of land saved the club.It seems a bit much not to back them now ."
I'm not sure what point you are making - I made no reference to any policy.
I simply pointed out that the existing owner could make a contribution to help the club in these circumstances. That has nothing to do with what I agree is the good work by the current board.
As far as backing them now I've just done that by making a couple of suggestions. I'm also a shareholder who doesn't see why the owner of the club shouldn't contribute too.
One day I hope to win the lotto and out them as it does my head in that our owners are so vacant. Our board have to be commended so highly for pulling the club out the shit so many times. The fact we are one of the most financially sorted teams in Scotland shows how good they are.

34 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

If the existing board had followed this policy after the previous board’s fiasco,there currently wouldn’t be an East Fife.Their substantial financial input and the sale of land saved the club.It seems a bit much not to back them now .

Does anyone know why the sale of the land wasn’t put on the open market? 

5 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

That said, we could all be fucking dead and then it wont matter.

Rather strange idea for a hobby...takes a cold person, thou.

Glad to hear East Fife had some planning and a decent financial backstop though. Too bad about the ownership.

14 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I read that Stenhousemuir are giving a fan a chance to play in a friendly in an auction. Something that we can maybe look at doing?

Brechin should give it a go. Raise a bit of cash and strengthen the squad at the same time.