The East Fife Thread

Don't think Kyle is due back till at least that start of. Next season
Last time I spoke with Kyle was at the last Clyde away game, he said he should be ready to go in June but also that his contract was up at the end of the season as well.

On 07/03/2020 at 13:26, Angusfifer said:

Is there anybody else that thinks the kit is okay?

Or is everyone convinced that it's brilliant/ horrific?

Okay kits don't really sell as people are unlikely to part with 40 odd quid for something they're indifferent to. 

Kits which split opinion will sell better as folk who really like it will more likely to be tempted. 

Problem with teams that wear either stripes, or hoops is that you are limited on what ways you can alter the design, so you have to go for something radical from time to time. 

Wasn't my choice, but I'll give it a chance, after all it's what's inside the shirt that matters! 

7 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

My 1st choice was the one with the 2 horizontal stripes across the chest, not one other person has agreed with this.

I hereby announce I am refraining from giving out fashion advice from now on! 

That was my proposal. It came third with a decent amount of votes. 

I think the club need to be applauded for putting the vote out to the fans, and hopefully we'll be rewarded with a record sale of replica shirts.

4 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

NEVER mind this "strip" stuff.........jist get yersels' in the Championship ( thro the playoffs) for next season. Raith, The Fife....and that crowd fae Dunfermline......braw!!

Excately let's hope stranraer turn up tomorrow night and tire Petrie's mob out when they vist the locality Hub aka Bayview on Saturday !!!

11 hours ago, King Kebab said:

So is Davidson just out for this Saturday or is he missing the Rovers game as well???

Please don’t say that you seen what happened at Bayview with the New Year derby when Ross Davidson didn’t play. 

The performance at the weekend vs Airdrie was enough to convince me that we won't make the top 4 this season. We have such an ineffective bench it's laughable and misplaced passes all over. Montrose on a superb run just now and Raith looking to cement their place as league leaders. Can't see where the points are coming from in the next few games but I hope I'm proved wrong.

The performance at the weekend vs Airdrie was enough to convince me that we won't make the top 4 this season. We have such an ineffective bench it's laughable and misplaced passes all over. Montrose on a superb run just now and Raith looking to cement their place as league leaders. Can't see where the points are coming from in the next few games but I hope I'm proved wrong.

I fear you may be right- but we need to keep hoping!!!!For me there is little between us and Airdrie- think the first 3 slots will go to Raith, Falkirk and Montrose.

That being said Injuries will play a big part in the final games- if any team gets them it could derail them as each team relies on a few key players.

I have said in a previous post we need to keep injury free and our defence has not to make silly mistakes- had no idea what Higgins was thinking with his arms all over the forward last week!!!!

Wallace is also a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season- whilst never blessed with pace he has got a good yard slower and slowing everything up( he may be carrying an injury?)- time to try Smith as he has more guile and thinks quicker.

No idea what we do about our midfield?Weakest part of our team and probably Montrose’s strongest area.
Murdoch may come in to replace Davidson( who was stupid to get booked for dissent- again)- Watson in at RB and hopefully Dunsmuir back in.

Tough game on Saturday - Montrose are the inform team and must be favourites.... but you never know...

Think if Montrose score first it will be game over.We just don’t appear to have the tools to break teams down, Montrose twice this season have went a goal up against us and comfortably seen the game out. You know what your going to get against them and it is all based on a hard work ethic. They will be right in your face and up for every battle all over the park. We have had a decent run of results at home lately and we must surely be due a home victory over Montrose as it seems like an age since we beat them at Bayview.

1 hour ago, lukejoaitken said:

Cannot wait to see Montrose pip us to 4th for the second consecutive season emoji106.png

Uncanny resemblance to last season.
Us pipping EF into 4th place and QOS in play off place in championship.
Just hope for a better outcome if it happens again.

Yeah if we don't win this weekend it's pretty much done IMO. Montrose have been getting the job done for a few months now, be surprised to see them slow down.

Not sure i agree with that. Every team can beat every team in this league- this will be even more prevalent in the last quarter!

Even if we win- still not sure to get to play-offs- and if we lose lots of games still to play.

For me, its between us and Airdrie( if Montrose keep up form). We were frustrated that we did not get at least a draw last week - against a team with more resources and have F/T- P/T players!

We need to stay injury free( luck)- defence not to make a silly mistake in the game( not get beat) and for us to be a bit more creative from middle to front.

Still all to go for in last quarter- the team has hit the managers targets in the first 3 quarters- saw nothing in last weeks game to suggest why we cant hit the last quarter. All ifs and buts i know- but Saturday is important but not decisive irrespective or win, lose or draw.

But hey what do I know....

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

Not sure i agree with that. Every team can beat every team in this league- this will be even more prevalent in the last quarter!

Even if we win- still not sure to get to play-offs- and if we lose lots of games still to play.

For me, its between us and Airdrie( if Montrose keep up form). We were frustrated that we did not get at least a draw last week - against a team with more resources and have F/T- P/T players!

We need to stay injury free( luck)- defence not to make a silly mistake in the game( not get beat) and for us to be a bit more creative from middle to front.

Still all to go for in last quarter- the team has hit the managers targets in the first 3 quarters- saw nothing in last weeks game to suggest why we cant hit the last quarter. All ifs and buts i know- but Saturday is important but not decisive irrespective or win, lose or draw.

But hey what do I know....

I think "momentum" is important when you get to this end of the season and it isn't really with us (or Airdrie, for what it's worth). Defeat this weekend, followed by a derby day loss with Montrose very likely to beat Forfar that week leaves us fairly high and dry, even though we still have to play a lot of the teams in the bottom half.