The East Fife Thread

21 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I've looked and still can't find it. There is absolutely no way in godforsaken hell that those figures are correct. 

Try the Scottish football section of bbc news. It was an independent study & it was just these 2 clubs chosen. 

I've completely misread the original point on generating income for the community. In my foaming at the mouth, holier than thou rage I read it as sponsorship generation. The figures themselves, whilst still fairly high, are not as mental now I see the context.  However the more arbitrary "subjective wellbeing" value of £4.15m for Ayr, for example, seems far far too high and I am not entirely sure how they quantify that. It definitely has some value, christ knows what I'd think/complain about on a day to day basis were it not for fitba so my "subjective wellbeing" is influenced but I have no idea how to assign a cash value to that. I'd be more interested in the figures that you can actually see the logic behind, for example the income at the local pubs on matchdays. I think that's the kind of thing clubs should be highlighting.

Studies like this are run from the SFA so are of course likely to be heavily skewed to favour how great the financial outcomes are of fitba, so "wellbeing" won't interest the community in terms of paying £200 or whatever for a sign. Being able to say to the Brig for example, look how many pints are bought in here on a Saturday because of our club, get behind us, is more likely to work (though should be worded a lot nicer!). 

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

I've completely misread the original point on generating income for the community. In my foaming at the mouth, holier than thou rage I read it as sponsorship generation. The figures themselves, whilst still fairly high, are not as mental now I see the context.  However the more arbitrary "subjective wellbeing" value of £4.15m for Ayr, for example, seems far far too high and I am not entirely sure how they quantify that. It definitely has some value, christ knows what I'd think/complain about on a day to day basis were it not for fitba so my "subjective wellbeing" is influenced but I have no idea how to assign a cash value to that. I'd be more interested in the figures that you can actually see the logic behind, for example the income at the local pubs on matchdays. I think that's the kind of thing clubs should be highlighting.

Studies like this are run from the SFA so are of course likely to be heavily skewed to favour how great the financial outcomes are of fitba, so "wellbeing" won't interest the community in terms of paying £200 or whatever for a sign. Being able to say to the Brig for example, look how many pints are bought in here on a Saturday because of our club, get behind us, is more likely to work (though should be worded a lot nicer!). 

Great post! You would be an asset to the club in some sort of  corporate advisory capacity. 

Edited by Rob Smith

That tartanesque strip is a joke. It will probably put players off signing for us until it is replaced. Didn't somebody (possibly Morton ) have a very similar design in blue some years ago and were laughed at.

That tartanesque strip is a joke. It will probably put players off signing for us until it is replaced. Didn't somebody (possibly Morton ) have a very similar design in blue some years ago and were laughed at.
Yeah, because players are going to turn up their noses at a contract because of a bit of polyester. [emoji2357]

I see the collar has changed to black. And no, I dont want black sleeves.

Have a word with yourself.

It's still awful.

Fair enough, it’s maybe not everyone’s favourite kit but to say that players won’t sign for us because of it is just nonsense.

I quite like it, so if the club can’t attract a right back next season I’m sure I can get out of my contract in the Auckland Division 6 league.

Some players might like it tho? What if the current players don’t like this seasons strip? What they gonna do? It’s the badge they’re playing for not the tartan
Look at Danny Denholm for example, “I’d wear pretty much anything to get a game”, and that’s the way it should be.

15 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Come on guys the players not signing cos of the strip was simply to get a reaction??? But it really is a bad design for a football strip unless we change our name to Bay City Rollers United.

41 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Kit looks amazing and can't wait to buy one when they come out. I'm sure many will be of the same mindset

For the Club’s sake, I hope they sell hunners of them and fill the coffers, but personally I still think it’s rank!!!

31 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

For the Club’s sake, I hope they sell hunners of them and fill the coffers, but personally I still think it’s rank!!!

Yep, agree and hope the club make some decent money from the sale of possibly the ugliest East Fife top I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by Rob Smith

Fortunately the overwhelming majority of Fife fans voted for the Tartanesque kit and that is why we're getting it, so kindly take your negativity elsewhere. And I can see why; it looks fantastic and it's refreshing to have something rather unique. With white shorts and black socks...lovely. It will fly off the shelves for sure. Myself included, we all ought to reserve judgement until we see the real thing.

Fortunately the overwhelming majority of Fife fans voted for the Tartanesque kit and that is why we're getting it, so kindly take your negativity elsewhere. And I can see why; it looks fantastic and it's refreshing to have something rather unique. With white shorts and black socks...lovely. It will fly off the shelves for sure. Myself included, we all ought to reserve judgement until we see the real thing.
This ^^^^

I think is disappointing to see an EF home shirt w/o the classic stripes, but that’s from the POV of an outsider. The tartan could have been an excellent accent/trim on a white shirt.

Players will play for a team that uses pink tutu’s if it means playing a game they love and getting paid a bob or two. And that’s an excellent idea for a cancer fundraising game one off.  Hopefully the tartan shirt sells well, though.