The East Fife Thread

2 minutes ago, Rob Smith said:

I’m hoping we go to Airdrie with the mindset of trying to win the game rather than trying not to get beat.

Parking the bus has never been Darren's style, even against Dundee United, Hearts and the Ibrox mob this season.

We couldn’t have picked better scores from the games this Saturday and tonight apart from Montrose not scoring a 2nd on Saturday but that would be nitpicking, we could/should have scored a 2nd as well!!!

We just need to win this Saturday and it will have been a great week, but that is obviously easier to type than to expect in reality, we can win, there is no reason why we shouldn’t but Airdrieonians will be saying the exact same thing, I’m not expecting a classic but if we can get the three points then I won’t care!!!

Can a ritual burning of the Black Strips be organised before the weekend, I’m sure it would be well attended, hey the Club could even open the bar and make some money out if it!!!

I never said he parked the bus but there has been occasions where a more cautious approach has been adopted. Is it a coincidence who the 2 fans questioning my opinion are? 
For what it’s worth, I questioned a Rovers fan on their Falkirk game thread after he said that them and Falkirk are the best footballing sides in the league by a mile! That reeks of typical Lino arrogance, considering , at this stage of the season, they are only 5 points ahead of 4th place. 
I genuinely feel we have the squad that can really go for it and challenge for the title rather than hoping we get a play off spot. 

Can't see us, Falkirk and Airdrie all dropping the required points for East Fife to win the league, as well as East Fife going on the consistent winning run required to capitlise on that, to be honest.  Might well finish above 4th though. 

Edited by CALDERON

3 hours ago, Rob Smith said:

I never said he parked the bus but there has been occasions where a more cautious approach has been adopted. Is it a coincidence who the 2 fans questioning my opinion are? 
For what it’s worth, I questioned a Rovers fan on their Falkirk game thread after he said that them and Falkirk are the best footballing sides in the league by a mile! That reeks of typical Lino arrogance, considering , at this stage of the season, they are only 5 points ahead of 4th place. 
I genuinely feel we have the squad that can really go for it and challenge for the title rather than hoping we get a play off spot. 

Not really arrogance, I was taking the 90 minutes in context. I thought Falkirk looked far better last night than East Fife or Airdrie did in our recent encounters. 

Raith & Falkirk, stronger, yes. Less mistakes in them, yes.

I wouldn't say last night Falkirk played much football though.

First half of the season we generally tried to play football, we then went off the boil a bit & since then we've had to grind out results. As I said on Saturday, result more important than the performance at the moment.

Can't see us, Falkirk and Airdrie all dropping the required points for East Fife to win the league, as well as East Fife going on the consistent winning run required to capitlise on that, to be honest.  Might well finish above 4th though. 

We wont win the league, but if someone had said that we would be 5 points off the top with 9 games to go, we would have taken that.

Our next 3 games are against Airdrie, Montrose and Raith so will go a long way to define our season. 3rd or 4th would be a decent season for us.

Good results for us last night but as has been said, if we're in a position in 2 weeks going into the Raith game with 0 from our previous 6 then we're back into a fifth place slide. Really need to be beating at least one of Airdie/Montrose and probably drawing the other to stand us in good stead. 

Good results for us last night but as has been said, if we're in a position in 2 weeks going into the Raith game with 0 from our previous 6 then we're back into a fifth place slide. Really need to be beating at least one of Airdie/Montrose and probably drawing the other to stand us in good stead. 

Whatever happens, second last game of the season at home to Falkirk for you lot is a massive massive game. [emoji16]

5 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Bit of luck, we'll be resting players for the play offs by then!

if we’re out of the title race by then and Falkirk need to beat us to beat Raith to the title we might indeed rest a few players, to keep them fresh for the playoffs you understand !!!😉

Here is a list of the prize money for season 2018/2019

With every 1GBP being a prisoner , I would have thought that every club would want to finish as high as possible in the league.

Ladbrokes League 1    
1st - 0.50% - £125,000 
2nd - 0.43% - £107,500 
3rd - 0.35% - £87,500 
4th - 0.34% - £85,000 
5th - 0.33% - £82,500 
6th - 0.32% - £80,000 
7th - 0.31% - £77,500 
8th - 0.30% - £75,000 
9th - 0.29% - £72,500 
10th - 0.28% - £70,000 

Here is a list of the prize money for season 2018/2019
With every 1GBP being a prisoner , I would have thought that every club would want to finish as high as possible in the league.
Ladbrokes League 1    
1st - 0.50% - £125,000 
2nd - 0.43% - £107,500 
3rd - 0.35% - £87,500 
4th - 0.34% - £85,000 
5th - 0.33% - £82,500 
6th - 0.32% - £80,000 
7th - 0.31% - £77,500 
8th - 0.30% - £75,000 
9th - 0.29% - £72,500 
10th - 0.28% - £70,000 
20k more for 3rd to 2nd!!