The East Fife Thread

Doubt it to be honest. I can't imagine we are going to be able to sign anyone that will improve us, there'll be no centre backs available that can displace the two we have and we've got the extra midfielder some were calling for. No cover at all at left-back is a concern but any kid we will sign will just likely sit on the bench in case anything happens to Pat. 

Ach I suppose a bit of continuity never hurt anyone. Speaking of which, was it not about this time last year we were signing some of the lads on for another season? We've got Pat, Ross Aggy and Watt. We paid a fee for Wallace, is his still just a one year deal?

I'd be hoping to keep Tonks, Murdoch, DD, Davidson, Janny, Dunsmore, and Long. I have the heavy fear that we will lose a chunk of them but at this level players will likely want to keep their options open. 

On 25/02/2020 at 19:14, sirscottyoung said:

Everyone can do their bit with the advertising etc. If you know your work does sponsorships and advertises tell them about a board at bayview etc.
£400+vat for first year and
£200+vat each subsequent year.

Now if your work don't think that's worthwhile then that's your part to sell it to them and send the details to the club or tell whoever is in charge to call the club.
The more boards then the more money in the coffers for the budget and the better the squad etc.

When trying to sell advertising boards surely East Fife (and the Rovers for that matter) should be making a big play on the fact that with the astroturf the ground is used virtually every day, not just once a fortnight as before, therefore exposure of the advertising boards is several times greater. 

3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Doubt it to be honest. I can't imagine we are going to be able to sign anyone that will improve us, there'll be no centre backs available that can displace the two we have and we've got the extra midfielder some were calling for. No cover at all at left-back is a concern but any kid we will sign will just likely sit on the bench in case anything happens to Pat. 

Ach I suppose a bit of continuity never hurt anyone. Speaking of which, was it not about this time last year we were signing some of the lads on for another season? We've got Pat, Ross Aggy and Watt. We paid a fee for Wallace, is his still just a one year deal?

I'd be hoping to keep Tonks, Murdoch, DD, Davidson, Janny, Dunsmore, and Long. I have the heavy fear that we will lose a chunk of them but at this level players will likely want to keep their options open. 

I’m sure Wallace is signed for next season,I heard someone saying there’s 9 signed already but not sure who 

5 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

We've got Pat, Ross Aggy and Watt. We paid a fee for Wallace, is his still just a one year deal?

Would add Higgins to that list. I know DD & Janny have been injured for the most part, but neither have had as much game time as they'd have wanted, so can understand if the left.

Dunsmore has  never made it secret he wants full time & he can play at a higher level. DY has been terrific recruitment-wise for us. Would be good to see some extentions soon. 

Fingers crossed we avoid injuries in the run in. 

Everyone can do their bit with the advertising etc. If you know your work does sponsorships and advertises tell them about a board at bayview etc.

Now if your work don't think that's worthwhile then that's your part to sell it to them and send the details to the club or tell whoever is in charge to call the club.
The more boards then the more money in the coffers for the budget and the better the squad etc.
Is there any evidence to show that advertising pitch side is a worthwhile spend? I can honestly say I've never once given my custom to a business because I've seen their board at a football ground.

Is there any evidence to show that advertising pitch side is a worthwhile spend? I can honestly say I've never once given my custom to a business because I've seen their board at a football ground.
I know it won't mean too much but I bought my house from seeing an board for a new development that I went and viewed [emoji23]

Also phoned a taxi after hospitality after seeing their board and got a lift to a pub that was advertised at the stadium too [emoji23]

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
On 25/02/2020 at 19:14, sirscottyoung said:

I have actually wondered this before, eg Rainham Steel down south. How many people at a game think, "Ill use them the next time I need some steel!"? However, if you started a plumbing business & never told anyone, you wouldn't get any custom, you need to get your message across.

It's about giving something back, & if we see companies names on signs about the place, our perception is, they must be more professional, a better firm to deal with, better employer etc. If you just daubed you firm's name in your own handwriting on the side of an old transit van, customer's perception would be the opposite.

Edited by Life on Marrs?

I have actually wondered this before, eg Rainham Steel down south. How many people at a game think, "Ill use them the nest time I need some steel!"? However, if you stared a plumbing business & never told anyone, you wouldn't get any custom, you need to get your message across.
It's about giving something back, & if we see companies names on signs about the place, our perception is, they must be more professional, a better firm to deal with, better employer etc. If you just daubed you firm's name in your own handwriting on the side of an old transit van, customer's perception would be the opposite.
Spot on there, and I still feel we should do more to promote that very Idea. There are literally 100s of local small businesses in the catchment area, and only a few have boards.

Put it this way, when you get to the top level, the corporations spending £m's on trackside advertising aren't doing it to simply help the club. Product placement, if you can't see it, and don't know about it, you certainly won't buy it.

17 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
17 hours ago, sammytroot said:
Not yet , it would appear although Tartan was the overwhelming victor.

Maybe they're waiting till the competition winner has been informed.

They must be, as I have checked my e-mails and have not yet been told when I will collect my prize.