The East Fife Thread

All for the tartan.
So different to the usual we go for. I could dig out the last 20 seasons tops and most would be identical. Brings us back to the times when I first started supporting East Fife and we had whacky kits that really weren't the norm.
There was one a bit like a piano with stripes that weren't full stripes at some bits.
Then the season or two after was zig zags all over it.
Whacky is the way to go [emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_0725.thumb.jpg.e6547dd905daaeda45d8853a57e10936.jpg
Thoughts?
Option four for me and that’s the best pick of a bad bunch imo

Good idea to get max kit sales but none of those tops look like an East Fife top, I’d always associate East Fife with black and yellow stripes. I prefer to always have a traditional home top and play around with designs with the away top. Will be ironic if our away top looks more East Fife than your home kit.

1 hour ago, faither said:

I suspect that if look back you'll find most EF strips have not featured black and gold stripes.

I suspect that if you look back you would be wrong!!!

Nope Faither is quite right, mostly black and a differing shade of yellow. My "tap" drawer has 50 Shades o yelly! and a couple with gold.

Think your needing to change your washing powder or stop using two rocks beside the Dreel Burn!!!

But the fact of the matter is it has mostly been stripes!!!

IMG_1133.thumb.jpg.2369a0f093e1c557791796cac4e83901.jpgIMG_1134.thumb.jpg.b9b7014a18f044f0e3622de5dcbc9401.jpgIMG_1135.thumb.jpg.375c22321424479527b6bf423f5db699.jpgIMG_1136.thumb.jpg.5ef7e4cdd615241e534d73ee42426d08.jpg

Not sure what happened in the 70’s though not a stripe to be seen during the entire decade!!!

Think your needing to change your washing powder or stop using two rocks beside the Dreel Burn!!!
But the fact of the matter is it has mostly been stripes!!!
IMG_1133.thumb.jpg.2369a0f093e1c557791796cac4e83901.jpgIMG_1134.thumb.jpg.b9b7014a18f044f0e3622de5dcbc9401.jpgIMG_1135.thumb.jpg.375c22321424479527b6bf423f5db699.jpgIMG_1136.thumb.jpg.5ef7e4cdd615241e534d73ee42426d08.jpg
Not sure what happened in the 70’s though not a stripe to be seen during the entire decade!!!

Wasn't a great lot of gold either, more an orangey mustard in the 70s. That was the point Faither was making, not so so much the stripes as the colours.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:
4 hours ago, King Kebab said:
I suspect that if you look back you would be wrong!!!

Nope Faither is quite right, mostly black and a differing shade of yellow. My "tap" drawer has 50 Shades o yelly! and a couple with gold.

Controversial new development - they're both wrong. Took a quick tally over at Historical Football kits and by my count we've had 22 unique shirts that are not black and gold stripes (including the very early green and white hoops and all navy blue numbers) and 22 that are. So dead heat.

Of course, given that we played in black and gold stripes solidly from 1922 up until 1970, the black and gold stripes are well ahead in terms of number of years.

Controversial new development - they're both wrong. Took a quick tally over at Historical Football kits and by my count we've had 22 unique shirts that are not black and gold stripes (including the very early green and white hoops and all navy blue numbers) and 22 that are. So dead heat.
Of course, given that we played in black and gold stripes solidly from 1922 up until 1970, the black and gold stripes are well ahead in terms of number of years.
Just want to see us living on the edge, kitonistas, #tartanterrors #theblackandgoldBroons

Think you need to recount that Gordo, as there are 72 different strips there and of that, there are 39 that you could say are obviously Black and Gold stripes and 6 (80’s) that kind of are Black and Gold stripes but only have one big stripe down the middle and three (90’s) that if you kind of squint and look at them sideways are stripes as well, you lost 28 of them!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Think you need to recount that Gordo, as there are 72 different strips there and of that, there are 39 that you could say are obviously Black and Gold stripes and 6 (80’s) that kind of are Black and Gold stripes but only have one big stripe down the middle and three (90’s) that if you kind of squint and look at them sideways are stripes as well, you lost 28 of them!!!

I was only counting ones where the shirts changed. Between 1932 and 1947 it looks like we kept the same shirts and shorts and only changed the socks.