The East Fife Thread

IMG_0725.thumb.jpg.e6547dd905daaeda45d8853a57e10936.jpg

Thoughts?

Option four for me and that’s the best pick of a bad bunch imo

I like 1, don't like 2, 3 has a Dumbarton feel, and 4 is just bonkers.

So 4 will win. [emoji16]

Oh and to clarify, I REALLY REALLY don't like 2. Any of the others would be better.

Vote early, vote often...

Saw this on twitter, what a great idea to let the fans pick their favoured kit, really is a win win. Would love to see something like this at falkirk

Pretty much guarantees to maximise kit sales too as it allows the majority to have their preferred kit. Smart 

4 is the only one I'd even consider, the rest are terrible. Won't lie, as a 68 year old man in a 26 year olds body, I don't like it when we divert from the black and gold stripes.

ETA - I actually do quite like 4. Though I notice the vote for this is completely public, other fans might decide to dip their toes...

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Saw this on twitter, what a great idea to let the fans pick their favoured kit, really is a win win. Would love to see something like this at falkirk

Pretty much guarantees to maximise kit sales too as it allows the majority to have their preferred kit. Smart 

This was our thinking. Obviously we can't be expected to please everyone with the short list but it is heartening to see the level of interest on social media.

Number three was intended to commemorate our Qualifying Cup win in 1920-21 and promotion win in 1970-71. I thought it might also look quite good as a replica retro t-shirt type thingmy, but I'm still awaiting Mr. ST Laurent's phone call

Edited by Angusfifer

I know it won't be east Fife without the strip colours but I would actually go with what everyone wants a sort of Gretna version option 4 something different as the rest look somewhat of a training top with number 3 behind as second pick but it will be weird without the stripes for two seasons....but hey ho I'm up for something different. Good luck...

Maybe after 4 pints, with half closed eyes, option 4 from a distance might actually look like black stripes (might clash with my Rupert Bear trews though).

Probably like 3 the best. 2 would look poor with white shorts & white is our traditional colour. 1 is ok, but after a year, I think id be bored of the design. Maybe the chequered design on a change strip would be fine though. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Maybe after 4 pints, with half closed eyes, option 4 from a distance might actually look like black stripes (might clash with my Rupert Bear trews though).
Probably like 3 the best. 2 would look poor with white shorts & white is our traditional colour. 1 is ok, but after a year, I think id be bored of the design. Maybe the chequered design on a change strip would be fine though. 
Design 1 in white with black checks as a change kit would be tremendous. But we normally get catalog kits for them.

Can there be a ceremonial burning of the Black kit arranged with perhaps some kind of witch doctor present so that it’s hoodoo doesn’t pass on to any new options???

But it’s Option 1 for me, but at a push, I’m really not keen on any of them though, also it might be the photo but they do seem to be a bit “tangerine” in colour rather than “gold”!!!

I appreciate the the Club are open to new ideas regarding the strips but surely one of the options should have been traditional “stripes” so that the supporters could let there feelings be known how open to change they actually are and if they are willing to deviate from that!!!

Can there be a ceremonial burning of the Black kit arranged with perhaps some kind of witch doctor present so that it’s hoodoo doesn’t pass on to any new options???
But it’s Option 1 for me, but at a push, I’m really not keen on any of them though, also it might be the photo but they do seem to be a bit “tangerine” in colour rather than “gold”!!!
I appreciate the the Club are open to new ideas regarding the strips but surely one of the options should have been traditional “stripes” so that the supporters could let there feelings be known how open to change they actually are and if they are willing to deviate from that!!!

Agreed like the initiative by the club but more options please- simplicity = class= greatness.!

The four options are horrendous particularly tartan no 4.  If they had been publicly released for viewing on 1st of April I would not have been surprised. Why don't we go the whole hog and print an image of Jack and Victor on them in recognition of the choices given. Almost worth giving up buying a season ticket over.

The four options are horrendous particularly tartan no 4.  If they had been publicly released for viewing on 1st of April I would not have been surprised. Why don't we go the whole hog and print an image of Jack and Victor on them in recognition of the choices given. Almost worth giving up buying a season ticket over.
Hahahahaha giving up a season ticket for not liking a kit. Waweee