The East Fife Thread

Our defence needs Pat Slatt. We've enough options in midfield without pushing Murdo up. We've Dunsmore, Agnew, Davidson, Watt/Denholm & now Morrison to shoehorn in somewhere it's a nice headache for the manager.

Squad still a bit lightweight, hopefully a signing or 2 before the end of the month. 

100% Murdoch should go up into midfield, great energy and loves a tackle. Too much defensive responsibility left to Davidson playing with Agnew. Agnew playing off the striker would mean the team could stay 442(11). Playing off Dowds would be my choice, not sure what others may think.

Very interested to see the line up on Saturday. Hated that weekend with no football, didn't know what to do with myself!

-SS

18 hours ago, scottishsocceroo said:

100% Murdoch should go up into midfield, great energy and loves a tackle. Too much defensive responsibility left to Davidson playing with Agnew. Agnew playing off the striker would mean the team could stay 442(11). Playing off Dowds would be my choice, not sure what others may think.

Very interested to see the line up on Saturday. Hated that weekend with no football, didn't know what to do with myself!

-SS

Would have thought the majority of East Fife fans would have been more than familiar with that feeling by now. 😆

Well that was far from the greatest spectacle yesterday however 3 points is 3 points! Very lack lustre in front of goal, should have put the game beyond doubt. Hope to see Morrison start Tuesday night, looks nippy and could be that creative spark out wide that we have been missing. Luckily for us they had next to nothing in terms of attacking presence.

Nevertheless massive 3 points seeing that Airdrie won and Montrose are still up our erses.

Mon the fife,

SS

See “Nails” Murdoch made it into the SPFL Team of the Week after Saturdays performance!!!
IMG_1104.jpg
Well deserved and about time he got some recognition, he’s been excellent for the last few weeks tbh!!!

Well that was fucking rubbish. But two wins out of the next two and it's forgotten. I am back in Fife this weekend but have to do the rounds with the family, think my next game will be Forfar away, absolutely need to be going up there with a win under our belts on Saturday. 

If we want the play offs it's simple. Beat each team below us. Then it comes down to grinding out whatever we can from the top 3 teams.
Recon airdrie or Montrose will hit a bad spell so if we can beat all below it will put us in a brilliant position.
Big step but I think the team are capable of doing so and getting to the play offs. With any luck Falkirk win the league as I can't see us beating them over two legs in the play offs. Would be a monumental effort if we did

If we want the play offs it's simple. Beat each team below us. Then it comes down to grinding out whatever we can from the top 3 teams.
Recon airdrie or Montrose will hit a bad spell so if we can beat all below it will put us in a brilliant position.
Big step but I think the team are capable of doing so and getting to the play offs. With any luck Falkirk win the league as I can't see us beating them over two legs in the play offs. Would be a monumental effort if we did

Hope you are right- Montrose hit a bad spell at the beginning of the season( lost8- 9 to date- form has been amazing of late) .

Also think Montrose will take something from Falkirk.

Raith have been the best team we have played so far in the league- i don’t over worry about Falkirk over 2 legs- we cant play that bad again-anyway getting 4 th is the aim- a big ask but we can do it - no doubt.