The East Fife Thread

17 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

That’s a big win and much needed to keep Montrose at arms length. Sounds like we played well too.

Not to be cynical, but Montrose have played one less game, and it’s against Stranraer. The plus, it’s at Stair Park, where Stranraer are more likely to take points. I can’t see that it’s been rescheduled yet.

It does seem a bit of a return to early form , and just in time for Falkirk, excellent.

1 hour ago, David W said:

How was Adam Livingstone when at East Fife?

Never played much a season ago though he was with us from January to May so can't seem to comment. He went to Morton this year before he went to yous so dunno where he is at weather a step up was too much or needs more experience by going to broadwood that remains to be seen, though he is Wells promising u20s left back so he is going through a bit of a learning curve that he's been punted out onloan from them consistent. That's about it I'm afraid....

Aggy in the SPFL Team of the week!!!
IMG_1087.jpg
Deserved, just for his second goal alone, but he was at the core of anything good on Saturday!!!

But thought “Nails” Murdoch was well worth a shout as well, seems to do an awful lot of work without any recognition, I also think he is the defensive midfielder that people seem to be thinking we should go out and sign!!!

Aggy in the SPFL Team of the week!!!
IMG_1087.jpg.ba52ca71d0260b2db3ea166907f905e9.jpg
Deserved, just for his second goal alone, but he was at the core of anything good on Saturday!!!

But thought “Nails” Murdoch was well worth a shout as well, seems to do an awful lot of work without any recognition, I also think he is the defensive midfielder that people seem to be thinking we should go out and sign!!!

Agreed but seems like the manager doesn’t want to play him there for some reason ! Always thought he could play there as played most of his career in midfield and Watsons natural position is RB.

It's the same debate as the Scottish national team, we're not too strong at centre half in my opinion but that doesn't mean chucking another centre half in and changing formation helps us. We've looked terrible with a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 and we are much better with 4 at the back, despite our poor defending of high balls. It's unfortunate that Murdoch has to be at right back as I think he would be good in the middle, but it's difficult to justify dropping Davidson or moving Agnew out wide. I think 4-4-2 we need to stick with, I'd have loved a new centre half before the end of the season but as DY has eluded to there's no point flinging cash at a new player unless it actually improves us, with 3 months left of the season there isn't going to be too much on offer in any position. 

Edited by Big Fifer