The East Fife Thread

6 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Any rumours on signing or players being looked at

Very much quiet on the transfers front, though we did have ex-Rovers boy Joel Coustrain on trial on Saturday that is far who we are looking at....I say I like to see a defender and one or two Midfielders in. Hope Kev Smith returning is like a new signing for the rest of the season with having Baker, Waldo, Dowds and young MacKenzie/ Healy/ Cosgrove up top.

21 hours ago, peternapper said:

He maybe knows something we don't. The question is he any good. ?

Well he joined us having left the accies in October thought having played at a high level like the premiership we would see him blow these teams in the league away but bit disappointed tbh dunno if the fitness was an issue aswell as seeking ft regular  football, his best goal was at Stark's park but part from that he was pretty much a sub to dowds and the return of Wallace forced him out to the bench from then on and out of the picture once we signed Baker!....

So with talisman Macallister leaving for Cove, Boyd will have thought regular games and big wage in joining Peterhead but good luck to the lad.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Hi all. I've found a bunch of old programmes and I'm looking to sell them all in one go, rather than individually on ebay. 3 photos attached. 

There's 19 East Fife programmes ranging from the 1950s to 1980s in one photo. 

50 programmes from around 1994 to 2009. This includes some East Fife away games, including the last ever game at Dumbarton's old Boghead ground. Also, away games at Cowdenbeath, Montrose, Hamilton, Albion Rovers, Brechin, Stirling Albion, Alloa, and Forfar.

Also found 5 Scotland v England programmes from 1958, 1960, 1964 1970, and 1972. 

I would take £40 for the lot, if anyone is interested. Will even throw in delivery if you're in the local area. 

Photo 19-01-2020, 17 01 05.jpg

Photo 19-01-2020, 17 30 31.jpg

Photo 22-01-2020, 17 03 34.jpg

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Well, do you prefer Falkirk win and your Feb 8 game gets moved to a Tuesday or they lose and you keep that fixture?

From a competitive point of view, it'd suit us better to play on the Saturday.

From a purely selfish point of view, I cant manage Saturday the 8th, & I've never been to TFS, so I might manage the rescheduled fixture!

It doesn't look like it'll be our year (again). We just look too bland in my opinion, we're shipping far too many goals at the moment. It really shouldn't shock us though, we're playing with two converted central midfielders at full back and our two centre halves (whoever it might be) can't seem to defend crosses. When your defence is going through a tough spell, you hope you can score your way through it, but our top scoring strikers have 5 and 4 each almost 2/3rds of the way through the season. This is not the makings of a playoff team.

I thought you looked a far better team with Dowds on rather than the big number 17 anyway.

So disappointing.

Two terrible defensive mistakes. The first Watson letting the ball bounce and then over his head( when we were looking comfortable) - and the second Higgins making a stupid foul and then losing the battle when the ball came in the box.

The manager must be pulling his hair out but I have to say Dowds did more in 30 mins than both Wallace and Baker did the whole game- a strange management decision- but he does like to Tinker with the team.Hope Smith is not injured as we miss his experience and surely he can come on for Wallace ( who seems to be beyond substitution!)

For me though our biggest area that requires help is our midfield- dominated at times and there ability to make a pass is so poor- the number of long balls to the forwards today was woeful- no wonder they have difficulty scoring and they don’t help the defence much either...

We always have a bad quarter and i am afraid its the manager that needs to sort that.....

Can we also have a ceremonial burning of the black strips. Great for us fans, but win ratio in them must be abysmal.
We gift goals , our opponents take them
We create openings, and don't take them.

1 goal is always precarious, but to be controlling the second half the way we were today , then throw it all away is simply not good enough at this level.

There was a tried and tested 11 and formation that was successful in the opening quarter. The 11 are now all available again. I suggest reverting back to plan A, because B and C, clearly aren't working.

1, probably 3 points , thrown away , again

Agree with most of the comments about yesterdays game. Felt Fife controlled the game although not doing much with it in the final third- Wallace seems to spend most his time on the wings, would be nice to see him on the receiving end of a cross rather than taking them- look what happens when he did in the last minute of the game, almost a goal! Big dowds looked superb coming on, would be excellent if he showed that aggression consistently. Hats off to Pat as well today, johnstone on the wing for them has potential to cause real problems. 

Frustrating first goal to lose as both higgins and watson dealt very well with Goodwillie all game limiting him to a few shots from distance in the first half.

Heres hoping Dunlop into CB, Watson to RB and Murdoch to CM will help Davidson in the middle and allow aggy to concentrate on attacking.

Never too down with a loss!

-SS

Agree completely with the above comment.We really are a soft touch in central midfield.

I must admit that I prefer the Ryan Wallace of 8 years ago- a young centre forward who scored lots of goals as compared to the "more complete footballer" we have now.

Talk amongst the fans on Saturday was that Daniel Church had returned to Celtic and that we are after a left-back/left midfielder.

Think Wallace and Agnew are our 2 best footballers.Find Anton Dowds being left out a strange one.Sure opposing teams are pleased with that decision.

Think we were all confused by that decision.

Don’t disagree also about Agnew and Wallace . The former has been our best player these past few years- but he is an outstanding attacking midfielder and a poor defensive midfielder- lets get a strong midfielder in and put Aggie on the offensive rather than defensive- do this and we will get more goals from all the front 3 and concede less also. Seems obvious- with the caveat we need to find that loan signing in midfield!( the difficult part!)