The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

You chappies no got a cup-tie this week sad sad sad. :huh:

So this is another decade that you'll no liven up Fife. :cake This'll be a memory one for yourselves.

Been there, done that, already have won a Scottish cup and 3 x League cups!  What have your team won?  (penalty shoot outs don't count).

Just noticed to see young Dylan Dykes released from Morton was he not mention in our threads a couple years ago as a signing target. Is a midfielder and is a ex Rangers traniee, Ross County, Stranraer (loan) and Stenhousemuir (loan), just throwing a name in since it's very quiet on our transfer front.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
Adding to my own words

20 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Trialist is ex Rovers Joel Coulstrain

I always thought he was a shining light in a dreadful Rovers team, but neither Locke nor Hughes gave him a chance. 

Maybe lacked a wee bit of positional awareness, but he was very young and has probably matured. He certainly had the ability to split a defence. 

As ZA says above, a really decent laddie. 

6 hours ago, peternapper said:

The question is he any good. ?

So good he couldn't get off the bench for us!!

Seriously, I thought he was ok, didn't get much of a chance once our regular forwards returned to fitness though.

I'm surprised he's not held out for Raith, what with the massive weekly wages they can offer, lol.

Fairly sure Boyd will be on a decent wage at Peterhead and will be starting every week, so in that sense whether it's full time or not he's got what he wanted. He did well for us when he played, but completely understand why he had to leave. We really need our strikers now to start kicking on and firing in the goals, it's feels like been a while since we had a "main man" up front who we could rely on, and given our defence is a bit shaky right now (can't be too surprised, we're playing two converted centre mids at full back and we canny compete at crosses!), we need to start converting at the other end. 

15 hours ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

sorry i should have worded that better, from 1903 till present

There aren't any online sites that have stats from pre 1921 or the wartime years. 

If there is any particular information that you need, I should be able to help from my own records