The East Fife Thread

2017, deficit of £1m (480,000) of which was written off.

2018, £393,220. 

2019, £202,541.

Total deficit  in 3 years £1,595,761. 

Not great, around £45k pm. 

Yes it's coming down & as I've said earlier, it gives me no pleasure seeing any ones team posting huge losses. Boards, players, owners all move on, the fans are the ones left suffering. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

47 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

47 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

2017, deficit of £1m (480,000) of which was written off.

2018, £393,220. 

2019, £202,541.

Total deficit  in 3 years £1,595,761. 

Not great, around £45k pm. 

Yes it's coming down & as I've said earlier, it gives me no pleasure seeing any ones team posting huge losses. Boards, players, owners all move on, the fans are the ones left suffering. 

It didn’t help with an ever expanding medical bill which certainly had a big contribution in our losses but it won’t be until next years accounts that losses will show to be dropping further as we will see pitch rental etc paying dividends, In the end of the day the debt is mostly due to John Sim who own Starks park properties who in turn is covering all losses. What would happen if the twiggs and Rankine pulled out of East Fife ? At least John Sim is a local man born and bred and is in fact a Rovers fan who wouldn’t invest up to 600000 on a new pitch then pull the plug but your 100% correct it’s always the supporters who suffer

Edited by basher brash

Can I just ask, why the f**k do East Fife fans care? Never once have I had the enthusiasm or interest to start dissecting another clubs finances in such a way. f**k, you'd be lucky if I applied the level some are going to here to my own club. I'm sure the Rovers board are more clued up on their financial state than some boy from the internet dissecting accounts, I don't think they need or care about the faux sympathy yer man Life on Marrs is cracking on with.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Can I just ask, why the f**k do East Fife fans care? Never once have I had the enthusiasm or interest to start dissecting another clubs finances in such a way. f**k, you'd be lucky if I applied the level some are going to here to my own club. I'm sure the Rovers board are more clued up on their financial state than some boy from the internet dissecting accounts, I don't think they need or care about the faux sympathy yer man Life on Marrs is cracking on with.

It's obviously because we are the more interesting older brother.

It's a simple sibling jealousy syndrome type of thing. 😉

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Because we do care. They are our lino lickin brethren from along the road and we don't want to see them come to any harm.

I Love Flower GIF by cintascotch

8 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Because we do care. They are our lino lickin brethren from along the road and we don't want to see them come to any harm.

That's given me a lump in my throat.

I think it's my tea coming back up!

9 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Exactly because if the Rovers aren’t on the scene your finances take a big hit likewise the same with us when we don’t face Dunfermline

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah, but,but.........life gets lonely on Mars!1

19 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Remember that Dunfermline had these benefactors

The scenario at EEP was Gavin Masterton manged a confidence trick of the highest order to get a bank to give them a shit load of money that they had no means of ever repaying.

Any rumours of potential signings this window? Since we have a friendly lined up on Saturday I’m assuming we will have a few trialists lined up and give the likes of Smith and Dunlop some match fitness.
I'm sure that Darren said it was a mix of first team and under 20s playing the friendly to get match fit did he not?