The East Fife Thread

Just now, Its not only a game said:

I take the view we cant worry about these things- we have let him go- or he has not wanted to stay because frankly he wasn’t a first team pick- lets use that money and Duggan’s money to find a player who will be a first team pick- my preference in midfield.

Agreed, but I'm not sure who we can get either in midfield or at centre half who isn't a kid in the January window. Last year we got Higgy which at the time wasn't a great signing, proven to be much better this year. I think DY is right in his interview, they're always looking for players to improve the squad. Improve the key word, there's no point bringing someone in who's just going to sit on the bench the entire time.

39 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Would be gutting if Boyd went across the road, not entirely sure Raith have the budget though (assuming that he wants full-time only). I'd imagine they could pay his PT wages. 

Our managers fund has about 5k per month in it right now. I'm not sure how much of it is spoken for, but I don't think attracting FT players is necessarily a no go for us. 

We’ve got a multi-millionaire owner who is plugging the gaps. The “managers fund” as I’m sure you can work out, is a fund specifically ring fenced for players funded by the fans by way of standing orders - mine came out today. I’m sure East Fife had something similar, though unsurprisingly it was far less lucrative.

We’ve got a multi-millionaire owner who is plugging the gaps. The “managers fund” as I’m sure you can work out, is a fund specifically ring fenced for players funded by the fans by way of standing orders - mine came out today. I’m sure East Fife had something similar, though unsurprisingly it was far less lucrative.

He keeps plugging those gaps will soon no be a multi- millionaire!

8 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Nice maths

£200,000 / 12 = £50,000 😲😲😲😲

Last I heard it was £600,000, which decided by 12, is indeed £50,000. However much it is, it is still unsustainable.

When this benefactor decides enough is enough and starts to call in the debt do really think this money will still be ring fenced?  

2 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Last I heard it was £600,000, which decided by 12, is indeed £50,000. However much it is, it is still unsustainable.

When this benefactor decides enough is enough and starts to call in the debt do really think this money will still be ring fenced?  

I'm sure £400k was for the 1st season we came down from the Championship, last year the accounts just published show that was cut to £200k. Perhaps you are thinking of the £600,000 which was the total figure.

Who says we are still losing money?

Perhaps we are not and perhaps we still are but I'd expect after the cuts to budgets last year I doubt it'll be to the same extent as last season (£200,000), truth is shareholders won't know if we are still losing money until the next set of accounts are published for the current season. 

I'm sure £400k was for the 1st season we came down from the Championship, last year the accounts just published show that was cut to £200k. Perhaps you are thinking of the £600,000 which was the total figure.
Who says we are still losing money?
Perhaps we are not and perhaps we still are but I'd expect after the cuts to budgets last year I doubt it'll be to the same extent as last season (£200,000), truth is shareholders won't know if we are still losing money until the next set of accounts are published for the current season. 
The running costs for a div one part time club are 500.000 approx so how can the club be losing 600.000 per year .

The running costs for a div one part time club are 500.000 approx so how can the club be losing 600.000 per year .
Easy mistake for him to make but still not sustainable.
Losing 600k in championship
Losing 400k in first league 1 season
Losing 200k in second year
Wonder if going hybrid balances it this season??

Still a shit load of losses however means nowt if the guy that owns you doesn't mind it...

Yes the £600k figure is clearly the accumulation of 2 years in league 1.

I take no glee in seeing clubs posting figures like this, we are all fans if our relevant clubs, we have little say in how they are run & the fans are left to suffer when it goes tits up. 

Makes you wonder how these rich benefactors became so successful with these carefree attitudes to finances! 

Easy mistake for him to make but still not sustainable.
Losing 600k in championship
Losing 400k in first league 1 season
Losing 200k in second year
Wonder if going hybrid balances it this season??

Still a shit load of losses however means nowt if the guy that owns you doesn't mind it...

Agreed- hope he continues to make money elsewhere as if not should be described as “an ever reducing multi- millionaire!”..... shocking that a football club that size should be losing money of that scale- might be a professional club-amateur-ship management...

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

How come your team is only in League 1 then, having a multi-millionaire owner?? 🤔

Some right brain box East Fife fans, eh? He’s reducing the debt and working towards making us sustainable, plugging holes as we go so we are still able to put a competitive team on the park, with a view to getting ourselves back into a more lucrative league. I’m not sure you’ll be able to comprehend that right enough, given your showings thus far on the subject.

8 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
17 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:
How come your team is only in League 1 then, having a multi-millionaire owner?? emoji848.png

Who owns EF

A woman name Lorraine Twigg. We were (are) caught up in Neil Rankine's web, not sure what the relationship is between the two but they're definitely "connected" in some way.