The East Fife Thread

On 31/12/2019 at 00:23, 1320Lichtie said:

Our average crowd is 1600 so far. Some Full time teams get less. Even in our games against the smaller FT teams we are getting in 1200 or so, we've had about 1000 actual Arbroath fans through the gates for most games this season ( say 1500 home fans for united and 900 for Alloa, obviously depends on the game ) and a hospitality of 150 places at £90 a head sold out. Only having to pay part time wages with they crowds probably works in our favour.

After seeing the standard of this league and the points that in my opinion we have dropped so far I'd be gutted to finish 9th.

Great, you've managed to entice more home supporters in, hopefully you'll manage to keep them.  Last time we reached that level, we had a nightmare season & our crowds have never really recovered. Bit of luck, you can consolidate. If you can keep crowds over 1500, the next step may be full time one day. Has worked for QoS the last 15/20 years.

I take it Lewis Baker has signed an extension to his contract???

As I see that a motion was raised and passed at Holyrood yesterday congratulating him!!!

Obviously Big news!!!

E4688F5D-2A48-482A-8B1C-D2366D582934.jpeg

Edited by King Kebab

I take it Lewis Baker has signed an extension to his contract???
As I see that a motion was raised and passed at Holyrood yesterday congratulating him!!!
Obviously Big news!!!

E4688F5D-2A48-482A-8B1C-D2366D582934.jpeg.6d4f2b10c61c342d78511c2aad9906e2.jpeg

No wonder the country is in such a state if that is the sort of thing being discussed at Holyrood !

I thought Lewis Baker did OK for his first start. Perhaps not match fit but he gave us another option. He had a lot of knock ons to other players. It's the defending that needs sorted out. As usual the team improves with the introduction of Pat Slattery. 

The defending has been a constant under the management of Darren Young . The amount of goals we have lost from set plays and hopeful crosses into our box has been desperate. We could be doing with a defensive coach to work exclusively with the back line. We rarely get cut open it’s usually an individual error or a set play that usually costs us. No signs of a return for Ross Dunlop yet any chance he could be ready after our 2 week lay off. 

Do you get the feeling Bakers just not good enough , watched today and he just seemed lost and a step slow to react , could be just missing match sharpness but I’d rather see Boyd get a run again
Scotty I thought he was excellent today. Absolutely battered the defence and then bringing on anton seemed to be the worst thing the airdrie defence needed [emoji23]
Strange feeling to be happy with a point but also disappointing to only get a point too [emoji23]

Wasn't at the game yesterday but concerning to be conceding another two goals. Our defence has started falling apart the past month or so, and as has been said above, our defending for crosses is particularly poor (not sure if that was the case yesterday?). It's going to be incredibly difficult to improve this in the January window.

In isolation that draw isn't a bad result, but we're now 1 point from 9 in this quarter, leaving us having to get 14 from the next 18 if we're to hit the targets DY is setting for the team, so definite wins needed vs four of Clyde, Peterhead, Stranraer, Forfar and Dumbarton (assuming Falkirk is a bogey). Big ask, and we won't manage it if we keep shelling goals like we are.

As an aside, anyone know what the white raffle tickets on sale at the Raith game were for? I've got about 4 in my wallet but can't remember for the life of me what draw they were meant to be for, was half cut when they were purchased!

Its all about opinions- but with Smithy also back- would use the funds from Boyd and Duggan and find a really strong midfielder- for me the weakest area of the team in terms of squad strength.
Yeah can't see Boyd getting a new contract with Baker getting till end of the season and having Dowds, Wallace and Kev about too.
Happy to be surprised though if he does as I like Boyd. Expected him to absolutely rip it up though in league1.

22 hours ago, Efifer said:

The raffle tickets sold at the Raith game were for the Supporters club and it was drawn before the Airdrie game yesterday, so if you have won you will be informed today.

Nightmare. Another L to take on the chin.

Can someone give me the deets on joining the Supporters Club please? I've been told before that I can do so at home games but more often than not I've had a fair few shandys by the time I'm at the stadium. Can only usually make about 5 home games a year.