The East Fife Thread

Didn’t see you sharing opinions with “scotty the dog” just Frank, hold on... 
...can I take this as an admission???

You’ve made a bit of a Daft c**t out of that haven’t you Frank???[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I thought you would be the one who has separate internet accounts?

8 hours ago, effc loyal said:

What is darrens reluctance to bring on boyd? Boys clearly got quality, give him a go!

I thought from Starks park the goal he scored v Raith we would of saw him get brought on yesterday. Is his contract not up in January? But this is the thing we have 5 strikers and its tough to decide which two you pick from.

Duggan. His first spell was good but lost his mojo at the rovers, dunno what the story is with him not like hes injured.

Boyd. Premier league striker but still find his feet for such a wee guy

Anton. You dunno what your going to get if on his day he scores hes on fire

Wallace. The guy a paul mcmanus works his socks off

Baker. New guy only saw him yesterday need see more but im guessing hes similar to Steven in finding his feet here

Any word of Darren Young recruiting an entirely new midfield in time for the second half of the season? The midfield is by far the weakest link of this team and on Saturday there was absolutely no such midfield whatsoever. Lewis Hunter had an absolute nightmare and was at fault for 3 of their goals. Miffed. 

What is darrens reluctance to bring on boyd? Boys clearly got quality, give him a go!

Surprised he didn’t come on- but must be away in Jan and tbf has been fairly disappointing when he has played .Thought we should of changed the midfield as the 2 up front were beginning to make chances late on and scored 2 goals- we seemed to lose impetus when we had 3 up front.

Tbf the best team won on Saturday.

Although at 4-3, Agnew was unlucky,Pat should of scored and the new lad missed an opportunity and our usually excellent goalie should of done better at goals 4 and 5.Under Darren we have won 3 of the last 6, drawn 1 and lost 2- and beat them for the first time in circa 30 years! We have come a long way when we are bitterly disappointed at not coming back from 4-1 down.

As i said Raith were the better team on Saturday. We need to dust ourselves down and take confidence from the attitude in the second half and the excellent wins away to Peterhead and Stranraer when we are not playing at our best.

Any word of Darren Young recruiting an entirely new midfield in time for the second half of the season? The midfield is by far the weakest link of this team and on Saturday there was absolutely no such midfield whatsoever. Lewis Hunter had an absolute nightmare and was at fault for 3 of their goals. Miffed. 
Davidson was missed in Saturday. Wouldn't say we need a whole new midfield.

Who you signing and who you taking out the team for them...

Surprised, looking at the highlights (who can resist a 5-3?!) at how poor the East Fife goalie was. Seemed decent to me the others times i've seen him but 3 of those five are horrific from his perspective. 

Going to come over and make a weekend of it when Airdrie visit on Jan 11th, so if he could put in a similar performance then, that'd be grand. 

Surprised, looking at the highlights (who can resist a 5-3?!) at how poor the East Fife goalie was. Seemed decent to me the others times i've seen him but 3 of those five are horrific from his perspective. 
Going to come over and make a weekend of it when Airdrie visit on Jan 11th, so if he could put in a similar performance then, that'd be grand. 

A weekend of it in Methil?

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A weekend of it in Methil?

Haha, I know. But an Airdrie fan living in Cumbernauld so it's all relative, isn't it? Christmas gift from the woman, staying in the Old Manor Hotel, which is only 15 mins drive from Bayview. 

4 hours ago, monthefife said:

On reflection only Wallace , Dowds, and Scott Agnew gave anything like a half decent performance, the other seven that started were not at the racing. You can maybe carry a couple of players in a game but definently not seven. When you think back a few weeks ago at Airdrie the same thing happened we started of with a shape and formation that was all over the place. Both Raith and Airdrie all be it they are full time looked hungrier and a yard quicker all over the park. It’s the highs and lows of part time football. With full time hybrid models and a much larger playing budget Falkirk, Raith and Airdrie should be way out in front, we have done exceptionally well to stay on their coat tails. Darren will know that the squad needs a refresh and I’m sure he’ll be doing his best to strengthen the small squad we have. Duggan leaving will free up a salary. 

On reflection only Wallace , Dowds, and Scott Agnew gave anything like a half decent performance, the other seven that started were not at the racing. You can maybe carry a couple of players in a game but definently not seven. When you think back a few weeks ago at Airdrie the same thing happened we started of with a shape and formation that was all over the place. Both Raith and Airdrie all be it they are full time looked hungrier and a yard quicker all over the park. It’s the highs and lows of part time football. With full time hybrid models and a much larger playing budget Falkirk, Raith and Airdrie should be way out in front, we have done exceptionally well to stay on their coat tails. Darren will know that the squad needs a refresh and I’m sure he’ll be doing his best to strengthen the small squad we have. Duggan leaving will free up a salary. 

Ah now i know what happened re above-Wallace, Dowds and Agnew pass marks the other 7 below par- clearly we only played with 10 men?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]By the way you might be spot on there.....

This is pretty tired ground but again - part time and full time isn’t a massive gap like it used to be. A perfect example is that scorer of two goals, one of the best players on the park and general thorn in the side of East Fife all afternoon was Kieran MacDonald - a part time player. Yes there is a difference in fitness and quality - but I think the small gap is a true reflection of that gap and it’s not some minor miracle that EF find themselves within touching distance of the other three.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is pretty tired ground but again - part time and full time isn’t a massive gap like it used to be. A perfect example is that scorer of two goals, one of the best players on the park and general thorn in the side of East Fife all afternoon was Kieran MacDonald - a part time player. Yes there is a difference in fitness and quality - but I think the small gap is a true reflection of that gap and it’s not some minor miracle that EF find themselves within touching distance of the other three.

If East Fife programme is to be believed Raith have 24 players in their squad how many of them are training day in day out the fitness levels must be better than someone working a 35 hour week and fitting in training twice a week. Falkirk and Raith playing budgets will be substantially more than the likes of East Fife and Montrose. I can recall when we had Jonathon Paige on loan from Dunfermline he was a far superior player than when he joined us on a part time contract.? He lost a yard in pace and  after a season or two part time he never looked the same player. Didn’t stop Airdries great scouting system poaching him.

We have 6 PT players - McGurn, Miller, MacDonald, Grant Anderson, Victoria and Baird. Three of them played some part on Saturday, with MacDonald being the pick of the bunch. Miller was excellent up until his injury. Players keep themselves very fit away from football, it’s not as if they’re doing nothing except training Tuesday, Thursday. Yes there is a gain to be had from being full time or running a hybrid, but it’s not a man automatic ticket to having a better team - as we have amply shown in the previous two seasons. The advantage to be had is in the extra time the players spend together more than fitness - all of the players in the league are fit, regardless of full time or part time.

6 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Was he any worse than ours? 

Was he any worse than ours? 
Haha did the highlights show a single time your keeper kicked the ball and it stayed in the park.
Always feel it's an absolute sin when keepers can't keep it in the pitch from a goal kick. Have got 71 yards wide of pitch to aim for and somehow miss that [emoji23][emoji23]