The East Fife Thread

We've been really poor for weeks in fairness, I feared a doing today. We're so over-reliant on one or two players

We will have these bad days I an afraid.

Our best 11 can match other teams in this league- we just don’t seem to have the strength in depth to cope with injuries.( nobodies fault just reality)

Need Dunlop back to shore up our defence that is leaking goals. Need Wallace back as him and Dowds were a real threat together up front!

Very poor team selection today manager has definently got that starting 11 all wrong. No out ball just kept coming straight back at us. However only our first away defeat of the season. Can’t win them all I suppose.  Need Wallace and Dunlop back to strengthen up the spine of the team .

Formation was all wrong today.Duggan at the moment is a mere shadow of the player he was 2 seasons ago. Liam Watt is NOT a number 10.

Neither Duggan or Denholm could complain about being substituted as both were abject.

The 4-4-2 formation in the second half has been tried and tested this season and more often than not ,has worked. Perhaps if the manager

had played this way throughout the game.

Airdrie were so much better than EF today.

ps EF DO need a 6ft5in centre-half.

God almighty that was horrific from the start. Set up was completely wrong as we have all mentioned. Although Anton had a wee niggle and Wallace has been out I don’t see why we didn’t continue to play with two up top using Boyd and Duggan, this playing Watt off Duggan is so horrendously bad. Duggan was drifting so far out of position and the front 4 seemed to have no idea where to go once we eventually got in to their final third.

As soon as Boyd and Anton came on it made a difference, even still Airdrie were streets ahead of us and fully deserved to win the match.

all I hope is we don’t immediately start changing the team too an extreme degree, and again as we’ve all said sooner Wallace is back the better. However very concerning how much we depend on one player

God almighty that was horrific from the start. Set up was completely wrong as we have all mentioned. Although Anton had a wee niggle and Wallace has been out I don’t see why we didn’t continue to play with two up top using Boyd and Duggan, this playing Watt off Duggan is so horrendously bad. Duggan was drifting so far out of position and the front 4 seemed to have no idea where to go once we eventually got in to their final third.

As soon as Boyd and Anton came on it made a difference, even still Airdrie were streets ahead of us and fully deserved to win the match.

all I hope is we don’t immediately start changing the team too an extreme degree, and again as we’ve all said sooner Wallace is back the better. However very concerning how much we depend on one player

Agreed we were outplayed and also we shouldn’t over tinker with formations- felt the team really looked confused at times yesterday- and we are letting in soft goals recently despite strong performances by Long!

Not sure we depend on one player- i do believe though we do depend on our first 11 ie not sure we have the depth in the squad that others at the top of the table have.

We just need to try and get through this tough patch . Still think a first 11 with Long in goals, a back four with Dunlop back, same midfield and a front two with a fit Wallace and Dowds can challenge any team in this league. Here ‘s hoping that happens sooner rather than later....

Maybe wishful thinking on my part....

Sounds like Saturday was pretty terrible. Very weird how hot and cold we can be, management have assembled a decent squad here and I know how much time and effort they put in to their analysis of every team we play so to get scunnered 4 zip from a team we dominated earlier on in the year is very strange. Hopefully the past couple of weeks are a blip (though I'm sure said blip might disappear with the reappearance of Waldo...)

Ok, so who was the fella with the beard, warming up with the team and then doing his own pre-match just before kickoff, is this the “foreign” pusher that Scott warned us about???

4 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:
1 hour ago, King Kebab said:
Ok, so who was the fella with the beard, warming up with the team and then doing his own pre-match just before kickoff, is this the “foreign” pusher that Scott warned us about???

He looked Nordic

Bruce The Red!!!