The East Fife Thread

All I can say is we deserve the pelters that are coming our way! What a terrible result, no doubt about it! Well done Glasgow BSC and good luck in the next round. Brutal

Couldn’t agree more- the better team won.

Worst performance of the season- didn’t see that coming at all.Even as badly as playing should never lose from a 3-1 lead in the second half at home- defensively we were particularly awful( actually all over the park bad). But well played BSC- bet they get one of the old firm away in the next round!

I have never criticised a performance on here before but that was atrocious. This is our second cup surrender of the season and must have a place in a top ten of EF’s most dismal performances. I am not even going to start trying to analyse where or why it went wrong but somehow the “we are not going to underestimate them” message never reached the players. I certainly hope it’s hurting them as much as it’s hurting me.

Congratulations BSC Glasgow on realising this was a cup tie and wanting to win it. 

Time to go and sit in a dark room and avoid the world for a while

Edited by Another The Other Chairman
Grammar error

We have lost 4 games in total this season. 3 of them have been against lower League opposition. Motivational issues need to be addressed. That was brutal today, and to be fair, it was an injustice that we were 3-1 up at one point. But we were, and for a league 1 team to then concede 3 goals at home to a non league side, is shocking.
One thing about DY, he is certainly showing us the best and worst of East Fife.
No idea where to start to remedy that performance for Tuesday night, but that the management job, not mine. Get it sorted!

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

We have lost 4 games in total this season. 3 of them have been against lower League opposition. Motivational issues need to be addressed. That was brutal today, and to be fair, it was an injustice that we were 3-1 up at one point. But we were, and for a league 1 team to then concede 3 goals at home to a non league side, is shocking.
One thing about DY, he is certainly showing us the best and worst of East Fife.
No idea where to start to remedy that performance for Tuesday night, but that the management job, not mine. Get it sorted!

Remedy it? Start by withholding appearance money for that performance today. Get Brett back for Tuesday & I make it 5 losses, but agree with the above. Absolutely shocking today.

Truly shocking result and one that quite a few could see coming.

Despite the league position this team have been off the boil for a good few games and I’m going to stick my neck out a bit and question Darren Young’s commitment to East Fife.

My understanding is he’s applied for  (and being linked with)) a number of jobs with full time clubs this season. That being the case this surely has to be unsettling for the team knowing their manager could be off at the first club willing to take a chance on a manager who to be fair has done a decent job to date but nothing remarkable to be honest. Don’t get me wrong here. I’ve warmed to Darren Young  but we’re barely half way through the season and he’s looking to jump ship. Seriously? If I was one of the players I’d be a bit concerned at this. A team needs stability in order to do the business and quite frankly this isn’t it. Personally I don’t think he’s got what it takes to make the step up and would be found out quickly.

Last season cup runs and decent mid-season form gave us all a huge lift but the way the team collapsed towards the end of the season was really disappointing. Why on earth a “bigger club” would want to take a chance on a manager who hasn’t achieved much to date is possibly something that Young needs to realise and why he’s not being selected.

The chairman wants to be having a word with this guy.

Trying not to be too harsh after what was a shocking result & performance. Beat Clyde & Airdrie everything's rosey again. But Ive always questioned whether the manager has the ability to turn things round when it goes wrong. His recruitment has been excellent though. The last few weeks I've read with interest the Forfar & Falkirk threads & it really is slim pickings out there regarding managerial availability. Not getting an adequate replacement will cause more damage than DY moving on when this eventually happens.

Hopefully this is just another blip & we can get a reaction. Might not be a bad thing having the next game so soon. 

Truly shocking result and one that quite a few could see coming.

Despite the league position this team have been off the boil for a good few games and I’m going to stick my neck out a bit and question Darren Young’s commitment to East Fife.

My understanding is he’s applied for  (and being linked with)) a number of jobs with full time clubs this season. That being the case this surely has to be unsettling for the team knowing their manager could be off at the first club willing to take a chance on a manager who to be fair has done a decent job to date but nothing remarkable to be honest. Don’t get me wrong here. I’ve warmed to Darren Young  but we’re barely half way through the season and he’s looking to jump ship. Seriously? If I was one of the players I’d be a bit concerned at this. A team needs stability in order to do the business and quite frankly this isn’t it. Personally I don’t think he’s got what it takes to make the step up and would be found out quickly.

Last season cup runs and decent mid-season form gave us all a huge lift but the way the team collapsed towards the end of the season was really disappointing. Why on earth a “bigger club” would want to take a chance on a manager who hasn’t achieved much to date is possibly something that Young needs to realise and why he’s not being selected.

The chairman wants to be having a word with this guy.

I'll stick my neck out and say this post is more than a tad harsh on what's gone on. Yesterday was absolutely honking I agree but cmon eh.