The East Fife Thread

Cannot see why DY would want the Falkirk job. Yes, a bigger club, but one that's not in a good place right now. After their board takeover fell through, if they don't go up this year, they'll likely have to have drastic cuts, they cannot keep that level of player at the club in league 1, it's simply unsustainable. If not huge cuts, then administration could well happen. There's been no strategy on recruitment, just a case of, he's played at a higher level, he'll do, chuck enough money at the team, they'll walk the seaside league. It's taken Raith 3 years to find this doesn't work. Remember, it's taken Young 2 full seasons to get the team to where they are, he'll not get that time at Falkirk. Personally, I expect him to end up at the Pars eventually.

A club with the apparent kudos of Falkirk could surely attract one of the big names in Europe! 

Personally I don't think Falkirk's squad is a league winning squad, i've said this from the start of the season, however, due to the amount of cash spent, there is no upside for any manager taking that job now, especially one like DY who is trying to push on.

The squad is capable but not exceptional. The fans expect to win most games - win them and you are only doing what is expected, draw or lose and there is some hefty criticism coming your way. Dont win the league/promotion, and your reputation takes a fairly major hit, a load of pressure mounts for the 2nd season response, and like most previous incumbents of the 'should've won the league last year' award - you are out your job by Christmas. Veterans of the lower leagues have seen this story unfold so many times 

It would take a brave man to go into Falkirk right now with the boardroom shambles, and a hit and miss squad. I suspect they are more likely to get someone who has been at a 'bigger' club before and is trying to restore their reputation, than someone on their way up. 

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Is Darren Young part time with East Fife ?

Yes, works in property full time I believe. So any step to full time would have to be the right choice for him and not something he'd take lightly. I'm guessing Darren is based in the West? Based entirely on the jobs he's applying for with Ayr and probably Thistle. I'm guessing Falkirk fits the location for him but it's whether he actually wants it given the shambles of the club just now (and of course if he's actually their choice!)

On 16/11/2019 at 20:07, Mon_The_Fife said:

Having a look through some of the squads since 2010, we have had some amount of absolute jobbers. I will give my team of the decade a go.

.............................. Liam Kelly

Pat Slattery, Steven Campbell, Jonny Page, Gary Naysmith

Aaron Dunsmore, Scott Agnew, Div Muir, Kevin Smith

............ Nathan Austin, Liam Buchanan

It’s actually quite difficult to choose 11, I know Slattery isn’t a right back but certainly deserves to be in the team. Jason Kerr, Ryan Wallace(1st spell), Bobby Linn, Craig Watson and Craig Johnstone were very close amongst others.

Picking a worst 11 would throw up some interesting names.

Daniel Terry

Paul Nugent Guy Kerr Gary Thom Scott McBride

Cyrus Moosavi Shaun Fagan Paul Willis Bob Campbell

Steve Hislop Jordyn Sheerin

This is off the top of my head from guys I actually remember seeing. Some pace on that front two. Was considering Odayemo up top, Sheerin has went on to have a decent career but he was absolutely massive at us, genuinely awful. Fagan was not only terrible but a bit of a thug. Just had a scan on TransferMarkt, I'm sure he was sent off more than once. There seems to be a distinct lack of the Murray Banter years players in here though, hopefully others can improve on this.

Edited by Big Fifer

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Daniel Terry

Paul Nugent Guy Kerr Gary Thom Scott McBride

Cyrus Moosavi Shaun Fagan Paul Willis Bob Campbell

Steve Hislop Jordyn Sheerin

This is off the top of my head from guys I actually remember seeing. Some pace on that front two. Was considering Odayemo up top, Sheerin has went on to have a decent career but he was absolutely massive at us, genuinely awful. Fagan was not only terrible but a bit of a thug. Just had a scan on TransferMarkt, I'm sure he was sent off more than once. There seems to be a distinct lack of the Murray Banter years players in here though, hopefully others can improve on this.

Nugent, Kerr and McBride were okay?

Shaun Fagan was amense until he would get sent off. Remember when we trailed to Arbroath 2-1 at HT with 9 men and went on to win 3-2? Robbie Reaside at his best.

I thought Hislop was okay also just not when playing beside Jim Hamilton.

Sheerin was about 17 and played about 3 games lol?

23 minutes ago, MethilMink said:

Nugent, Kerr and McBride were okay?

Shaun Fagan was amense until he would get sent off. Remember when we trailed to Arbroath 2-1 at HT with 9 men and went on to win 3-2? Robbie Reaside at his best.

I thought Hislop was okay also just not when playing beside Jim Hamilton.

Sheerin was about 17 and played about 3 games lol?

It was off the top of my heid, if I trawled the TransferMarkt website I'm sure it would remind of plenty replacements!

no posted on here for ages just want to share my best 11 and my worst 11:

Rodgers

McDonald, Smart, Page and Naysmith

Linn Muir Robinson Barr

Fash and McManus

Worst 11

Antell (in Billy brown era)

Nugent (bit annoying he did ok at Dumbarton) Thom (was ok but not for cb) Scott Thomson (getting on a bit) Keenan (was onloan or something and failed)

Johnny Stewart (the most depressing player in a east Fife jersey), Moosavi (injured most of the time), Willis (he had time after time to become a player) and Fagan-Leyden/Neil janczyk (dunno who to choose) 

Ademeyo (this guy signed for Watford youths after his loan at Bayview) and Nade (signed because his brother played but never played at all)

16 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Rodgers

Linn Muir Robinson Barr

Fash and McManus

Worst 11

Nugent (bit annoying he did ok at Dumbarton) Thom (was ok but not for cb) Scott Thomson (getting on a bit) Keenan (was onloan or something and failed)

Johnny Stewart (the most depressing player in a east Fife jersey), Moosavi (injured most of the time), Willis (he had time after time to become a player) and Fagan-Leyden/Neil janczyk (dunno who to choose) 

Ademeyo (this guy signed for Watford youths after his loan at Bayview) and Nade (signed because his brother played but never played at all)

Completely forgot about him, definitely found his level at Bonnyrigg. He was incapable of passing forward.

Rodgers
Linn Muir Robinson Barr
Fash and McManus
Worst 11

That worst 11 is pretty bang on like. I loved Cyrus though so replace him with Bruce Inkango [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Rodgers

Linn Muir Robinson Barr

Fash and McManus

Worst 11

As much as Toro deserves to be in any 21st Century all-time greatest 11’s for the Club, he left in 2009 so I don’t think he’s eligible for this vote!!!☹️

34 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

As much as Toro deserves to be in any 21st Century all-time greatest 11’s for the Club, he left in 2009 so I don’t think he’s eligible for this vote!!!☹️

Must of got my years mixed up so I'm going to count Scott Durie in as a righ back.

3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Completely forgot about him, definitely found his level at Bonnyrigg. He was incapable of passing forward.

This under Naysmith first half spell incharge the relegation via play offs season was the season we had to watch a man that was scared to either pass forward or have a pop at goal it was scary to watch that season so i can safely say he has found his level 

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

That worst 11 is pretty bang on like. I loved Cyrus though so replace him with Bruce Inkango emoji23.png

Aye I forgot we signed a Bruce Inkango he didn't feature much all I remember of him been subbed on at East end park and he was a tank in size that's about it about Bruce im afraid.

8 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Lee miller looking like massive favourite nowScreenshot_20191118_112948_com.huawei.browser.jpeg

Im reading somewhere they will appoint Miller and former Dundee United centre back David McCracken as interim duo dunno if that's there choice on permanent basis, what a wonderful decision to get them in early I must admit.