The East Fife Thread

Having a look through some of the squads since 2010, we have had some amount of absolute jobbers. I will give my team of the decade a go.

.............................. Liam Kelly

Pat Slattery, Steven Campbell, Jonny Page, Gary Naysmith

Aaron Dunsmore, Scott Agnew, Div Muir, Kevin Smith

............ Nathan Austin, Liam Buchanan

It’s actually quite difficult to choose 11, I know Slattery isn’t a right back but certainly deserves to be in the team. Jason Kerr, Ryan Wallace(1st spell), Bobby Linn, Craig Watson and Craig Johnstone were very close amongst others.

Picking a worst 11 would throw up some interesting names.

Can't see Darren leaving for a club in the league as us if he does leave it would surely be for a Championship team

Chance of a league winners medal though, as opposed to play off winner next to his name.

Don’t think east fife will win the league but deffo a shout through the play offs.

35 minutes ago, champions said:

Do you think he would apply? 

I'm not sure. I think it depends on what's going on in your absolute horror show of a boardroom. If none of that was going on it's a no brainer, be bit of a kick in the teeth to our board mind. 

Hmmm, it's almost 4pm on Sunday, almost 20 hours t after Snakey Ray got the tin tack at Fa'kirk.

Given DY's willingness to travel the length and breadth of the country for interviews, it's my guess is yer man has already applied for the job.

Hope for Rovers sake he gets it,  we could even have the title wrapped up in Feb!  🤣

Some bookies have Darren Young as low as 6/1 and third favourite to get the Falkirk job. I know he was interviewed for the Partick job but I doubt he would leave for a league rival at this stage of the season and what a kick in the stones it would be if he did. Hopefully Owen Coyle gets the Falkirk job and keeps Falkirk in league one

4 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I'm not sure. I think it depends on what's going on in your absolute horror show of a boardroom. If none of that was going on it's a no brainer, be bit of a kick in the teeth to our board mind. 

I don’t see DY leaving EF right now for anything less than a Championship job right now. Falkirk is a full-time club, but is currently woefully run. Also, the Falkirk team is imbalanced and it’s not clear there will be much budget to rearrange the deck chairs over there. In the big picture, staying loyal for the year will impress higher level clubs more than jumping at a lateral move. It’s also a case of a team he has built, so it shows his abilities...versus, can he rearrange the dross at Falkirk to win. That might impress another team looking for mid season change, but in the long run, showing you can develop a team from the ground up is much more impressive for your resume.

49 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Some bookies have Darren Young as low as 6/1 and third favourite to get the Falkirk job. I know he was interviewed for the Partick job but I doubt he would leave for a league rival at this stage of the season and what a kick in the stones it would be if he did. Hopefully Owen Coyle gets the Falkirk job and keeps Falkirk in league one

Wasn’t he interviewed for the Ayr job too ?