The East Fife Thread

I don't post on here much, but I would just like to say a BIG thank you to John Donaldson and East Fife for inviting me and my brother to the game yesterday.  My dad (Robert Ballantyne ) passed on 22nd September . my dad supported the fife since the late 40s and would have been smiling down after the minutes applause at yesterdays match. once  again thank you very much. Mon the Fife .                                  

Coming out for those type of balls are his weakest area. Did something similar against rangers when he elected to punch rather than catch a the cross that led to their 3rd goal. Time for Brett to get another run out, need to have some competition to keep it fresh imo

Nothing wrong with freshening it up, we’ve drawn our last three games, games we should/could have won, I understand DY not changing a winning team and can get on board with that, but at the moment this isn’t a winning team, an undefeated team yes, but not a winning one!!!  

It's a great position to be in when some of our fans are hacked off that we are unbeaten through first quarter and have drawn last three games against Dumbarton, Falkirk and Stranraer.

Bring on the next quarter where we turn unbeaten into 9 wins. Hopefully we are moaning after 18 that we have only won the last 3 1-0 [emoji16]

Think people were a bit frustrated on Saturday after the jaded second half performance.Dont see how Darren Young can make changes when we are still unbeaten,though the subs did show rustiness when they came on.Frankly, with only 500 regulars the club is performing well.

Think people were a bit frustrated on Saturday after the jaded second half performance.Dont see how Darren Young can make changes when we are still unbeaten,though the subs did show rustiness when they came on.Frankly, with only 500 regulars the club is performing well.
I would maybe change Hart for the howler but that's it.
The club is defo getting busier each week which is brilliant and long may it continue

6 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I would maybe change Hart for the howler but that's it.
The club is defo getting busier each week which is brilliant and long may it continue

I wouldn’t suggest change just for change sake, but it’s obvious that the guys on the bench could do with some game time, it’s been that long since they started that they are starting to look quite flat when they come in now!!!

Look at the three subs that came on against Stranraer for example, Janny is one of our best players but he hasn’t started since the last League Cup game and he looks a shadow of himself when he comes on now and again, the same for Danny and Hunter, they were both on fire pre-season, but certainly don’t look it now!!!

We don’t need sweeping changes but perhaps a modicum of rotation would be in our best interest, we’re going to need these guys once the suspensions and injuries start (and they will) and it would be better they’re hitting the ground running rather than having to wait a few games until they’re up to speed, it’s just a thought!!!

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s Darren Young like lads?

Rumours that he’s getting interviewed for the Ayr job this week.

You would be paying for the privilege if you want him, he’s not even halfway through his new deal yet!!!

You would be paying for the privilege if you want him, he’s not even halfway through his new deal yet!!!

Even still, the figure won’t be that much.

There’s 6 candidates being interviewed and he’s only rumoured to be one of them so it’ll probably come to nothing.

Barry Smith was under contract when at EF and we paid heehaw for him.

Yes you do have a history of that, aren’t you still due us money for Paul McManus and anyway Agent Smith was on a very specific mission, which worked btw!!![emoji6]

I would be very disappointed if Board put in place the same stipulation that was in Smith’s contract!!!

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even still, the figure won’t be that much.

There’s 6 candidates being interviewed and he’s only rumoured to be one of them so it’ll probably come to nothing.

Nah mate, it’s a ludicrous amount, you’d be as well scratching it!!!