The East Fife Thread

A respectable point given the way the game went although the winless streak v Dumbarton continues- would love to get that monkey off our backs!

The crowd was pretty damn rubbish to be honest, very very sparse on both sides of the stand. Would have thought given the teams position in the league there would be excellent crowds at every home game!

Team was excellent going forward, Dunsmore playing with a real confidence right now.. took him 20 mins or so to get going but when he did he was a right handful. Wallace done great linking play, always looking to get on the ball however would love to see both Dowds and him in the box more often as crosses kept being put in with no-one on the receiving end! Definitely the worst we have looked at the back since the first 15 of the Hearts game. A better striker would have had a field day. Ironically the only defender not having a poor game (Slattery) was taken off!

Take the point and defeat-less streak into next weeks very tough match...

Mon the Fife,

SS

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] So as I was saying, our attendances are going up while yours is going down...

I may have included cup games... [emoji850]

I could definitely give you a more accurate stat though and that is we’re currently better than you [emoji4]

A respectable point given the way the game went although the winless streak v Dumbarton continues- would love to get that monkey off our backs!
The crowd was pretty damn rubbish to be honest, very very sparse on both sides of the stand. Would have thought given the teams position in the league there would be excellent crowds at every home game!
Team was excellent going forward, Dunsmore playing with a real confidence right now.. took him 20 mins or so to get going but when he did he was a right handful. Wallace done great linking play, always looking to get on the ball however would love to see both Dowds and him in the box more often as crosses kept being put in with no-one on the receiving end! Definitely the worst we have looked at the back since the first 15 of the Hearts game. A better striker would have had a field day. Ironically the only defender not having a poor game (Slattery) was taken off!
Take the point and defeat-less streak into next weeks very tough match...
Mon the Fife,
SS
Crowd was 150 up on normal crowds. Pretty good I would say. Long may that continue. Definitely going in the right direction I would say :)

If everyone tries to bring a friend each game we should fill the home side each game

I would think Partick's first choice would be McCall. When it was announced Caldwell was sacked I had a look on Partick's forum, Stephen Craigan seemed to be the fans choice, and Young wasn't even being mentioned. McCall is a proven manager at Championship level, lives near Firhill, his son is a season ticket holder, probably his heart would say take it.

However he has always spoken fondly of his relationship with the Ayr board and how the chairman gave him a chance after his addiction problems. Partick seem a shambles at boardroom level, Colin Weir taking his money out amid takeover issues. Would McCall want to go to Partick at this moment?  

Next week's going to be a big test. On paper, the away games at Falkirk and Raith should be the four toughest games of the season.

We've been so good over the previous four games that a draw yesterday felt disappointing but that's only really because of the high standards we've set so far. As nice as it is to be top of the league and think about challenging for it, top four should be the aim and for that 15+ points per quarter is what we should be aiming for. We're on 15 already with two more games to play this quarter. Absolutely no reason we can't go and pick up 4+ points from the next two games. The really encouraging thing for me is that we've looked the better team in all seven games so far. Usually, even on unbeaten runs, you'll win or draw a game you didn't really deserve to or get a bit of luck somewhere. That's not been the case recently. We've outplayed every team we've faced, with the Clyde game probably the only one that was really close on the balance of play.

That being said, if I'm being ultra-critical, we will need to stop conceding soft goals if we want to be serious contenders. As it stands, we're scoring enough but conceding too many to be serious title challengers. Genuinely wouldn't lay the blame for that with any individual players. The system we play does encourage players to keep possession and pass their way out of danger. You're always leaving yourself a bit more open to mistakes playing that way but it is the area we have to focus on. But we really have to stop giving teams a head start. Seven games unbeaten and we've gone behind in five of them.

4 hours ago, lukejoaitken said:

The allure of full time football may be too good to turn down, that’s the only worry I have. I do think McCall is the more likely candidate

But, as noted above, the chaos at Patrick is likely to turn a currently successful manager off. If Lennon thought it was too iffy to take, why would Young take a flier with his season shaping well for now?

But, as noted above, the chaos at Patrick is likely to turn a currently successful manager off. If Lennon thought it was too iffy to take, why would Young take a flier with his season shaping well for now?

I agree with you, and yeah it would be a strange decision if he did somehow get the job. I have no doubt Darren will go on to bigger and better things at some point but to do it now would be a mistake imo, especially at partick given their last couple of years.