The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Very good business by the club thinking long term. Maintaining a spine to the team is important GK-CB-CM-CF and we now have 2 signed up for the foreseeable. Dowds next please until 2030.

I’m sure slattery and watt are signed up for next season as well 

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

have to admit to being surprised he only signed a one year deal!!!

I was a bit surprised it was one aswell when it was announced last season, one hundred percent definitely need keep hold of good players for the future and for the club. 

I'm also going throw in murdoch think hes coming on to form and loving his fitbaw! thank god we rescued him from the abuse Dundee utd fans had of him to return home another player I would of loved to see return is either Fash or Insall imaging the strike force there with Tonks, Kev, Duggan and Waldo certainly goals glore there if we added one out of Jamie or Nathan to the ranks. 

Anyone know if the u20s were in action tonight? I loved the comeback result last Friday and since the return of the set up iv been following them to see how they've been doing, still a long way ahead till we see the next ross brown/lewis Barr of course. 

Need to remember prior to that contract Anton was only on amateur terms so didn't get a wage only expenses and could have been signed by anyone else. Then after 2 games was handed a 2 year professional deal.

I fully believe Darren and tony will be speaking to him and others about signing new deals as they believe as much as us how far he will be able to take us and go himself

Yes, so he signed an additional one year deal and it runs out at the end of this season, that’s why I’m surprised he only signed that one year deal, perhaps he was offered a two year one but his agent advised against it???
We won’t know, but he needs signed up again as soon as, A’s aren’t Clubs allowed to start talking to him in January???

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I am in love with Aaron Dunsmore.

You’re so fickle, what happened to that thing you had with Janny???

The ability to still win, even when we're not at our best is usually the mark of a successful team. It's easy to blame conditions after a poor performance, but they're  the same for both teams, it's how you adapt and deal with it that counts. It's been said that when our regular match winners are off the boil, others step up to the plate when required, again a great team, everyone fighting for the cause. Usually when a club brings in a new manager, it's a quick fix, arrest a bad series of results, not to much of a future plan, the following season, back to square one. I feel this season we are now reaping the rewards of having patience in the gaffer, when other boards would've handed him his p45 a year ago, admittedly I was in that boat of doubting Young. Synics amongst us would say we couldn't afford to sack him, that maybe the case, but we can all see now the results of giving someone time to build his own team. I do feel Young brings in players, not just on ability, but also they need to have the right attitude to fit into his team ethic. Having a settled team has also brought its rewards on the park, another benefit of sticking with the manager, when others have a complete change of personnel as, the new man brings in his, "own players". The extention of contracts for next season already is unheard of at our level post-Bosman, just shows players want to be here and from the board down the club must be applauded. Happy days, long may it continue. 

I'm actually going to be devastated when the inevitable happens and a top flight team comes in for darren.
He fully deserves it but I would have him on a contract like sir Alex was on and let him stay indefinitely

The ability to still win, even when we're not at our best is usually the mark of a successful team. It's easy to blame conditions after a poor performance, but they're  the same for both teams, it's how you adapt and deal with it that counts. It's been said that when our regular match winners are off the boil, others step up to the plate when required, again a great team, everyone fighting for the cause. Usually when a club brings in a new manager, it's a quick fix, arrest a bad series of results, not to much of a future plan, the following season, back to square one. I feel this season we are now reaping the rewards of having patience in the gaffer, when other boards would've handed him his p45 a year ago, admittedly I was in that boat of doubting Young. Synics amongst us would say we couldn't afford to sack him, that maybe the case, but we can all see now the results of giving someone time to build his own team. I do feel Young brings in players, not just on ability, but also they need to have the right attitude to fit into his team ethic. Having a settled team has also brought its rewards on the park, another benefit of sticking with the manager, when others have a complete change of personnel as, the new man brings in his, "own players". The extention of contracts for next season already is unheard of at our level post-Bosman, just shows players want to be here and from the board down the club must be applauded. Happy days, long may it continue. 

Not sure about top flight, but I could see two of his previous clubs, Dunfermline & Alloa changing manager this season. Not sure they would give him the time to build we have. Think the Pars would be more likely to go for Stuart Petrie though. Anyway let's enjoy where we are for now, as I don't want to see this team break up at all. 

Not sure about top flight, but I could see two of his previous clubs, Dunfermline & Alloa changing manager this season. Not sure they would give him the time to build we have. Think the Pars would be more likely to go for Stuart Petrie though. Anyway let's enjoy where we are for now, as I don't want to see this team break up at all. 
Make a name for himself , or move to a club , one place above , which can't win a game for live nor money?