The East Fife Thread

13th August 1995 we played Man U, I remember the excitement and the stadium was packed, Man U winning 4.0 in front of 5,385 supporters according to Wikipedia. An unknown youngster called David Beckham scoring a brace, I wonder what happened to him? I've no idea how they managed to fit in another 15,000 plus for the record attendance at old Bayview. How I miss that place, a proper football ground with a decent atmosphere in the covered terracing.

11 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

13th August 1995 we played Man U, I remember the excitement and the stadium was packed, Man U winning 4.0 in front of 5,385 supporters according to Wikipedia. An unknown youngster called David Beckham scoring a brace, I wonder what happened to him? I've no idea how they managed to fit in another 15,000 plus for the record attendance at old Bayview. How I miss that place, a proper football ground with a decent atmosphere in the covered terracing.

FFD668D5-368D-483F-8261-530596C59120.jpeg

Having watched the Raith highlights it did look like a massive case of “chocolate wrists” from Jordan for Raith’s 2nd, it did look an easy ball to not only save but to gather as well, but I’m no keeper!!!
Apart from that incident, I honestly don’t think Jordan has really done anything wrong in any if his games and has also pulled off some amazing saves, I can think of two worldies at Tannadice for a start!!!
I don’t think he has done anything to merit being dropped and I’m afraid that Brett is just going to have to bide his time as we know that DY won’t change a winning side, so barring any cards or absolute clangers from Jordan, he IS our No.1 for the foreseeable!!!
Personally I would prefer to have Brett there but Jordan has proved to be a more than capable deputy!!!

Agree with above Jordan really struggled to kick the ball at times on Sat, got a roasting from the bench and it did improve. For me Brett is just a better keeper and should be playing on Sat against Forfar [emoji106]

Repeating myself but Hart had very few opportunities to use his defence and was kicking into a very strong wind.

Yes he probably should have done better with the second but why not highlight the mistakes that others made leading up to it ? On a couple of occasions (and the goal was one of them) there was acres of space out wide.

5,400 odd at the Man Utd game?😂

It was a long time ago but I can remember the terraces being absolutely rammed. Take the point that the terracing capacity had been reduced over the years but it does seem absolutely insane that four times that crowd could have packed into old Bayview. Absolutely no concern for safety at all back in the day.

On the keeper situation, agree with the above. Jordan Hart has been playing well. He was at fault for Raith's second on Saturday but all players will make mistakes and keepers' will always stand out more than other positions. He's been performing well and the team's on good form. It would be unfair to drop him I think. Brett Long had a great season last year and is obviously a favourite with the support so it's natural that folk will want him back in and it's always going to be tough for Jordan to win the fans over immediately in that situation. They're both good keepers and it's unfortunate that barring injury or loss of form, one's going to have to sit on the bench.

32 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

They're both good keepers and it's unfortunate that barring injury or loss of form, one's going to have to sit on the bench.

Nice problem to have, though. So, given the form looked good last weekend, how’s the depth looking for the long run? I’d pick the top four, in no order, as East Fife, Falkirk, Forfar and Raith, but the grind of the season is likely to hurt us all...so how much do you have in the wings?

We have a massive squad this season with the under 20s guys all able to step up when needed as well. Really hope we can push the other 3 mentioned as long as possible

Nice problem to have, though. So, given the form looked good last weekend, how’s the depth looking for the long run? I’d pick the top four, in no order, as East Fife, Falkirk, Forfar and Raith, but the grind of the season is likely to hurt us all...so how much do you have in the wings?

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I'd probably agree with that top four at the moment. Our squad's not massive but I'd say we have strong but shallow back-up pool so should be able to cope with two or three injuries at any given time. Scott Agnew's the player I'd fear losing most. There's no real like-for-like replacement for him I don't think.

I'd probably agree with that top four at the moment. Our squad's not massive but I'd say we have strong but shallow back-up pool so should be able to cope with two or three injuries at any given time. Scott Agnew's the player I'd fear losing most. There's no real like-for-like replacement for him I don't think.

Worry about our bogey team from Boghead!

EFtv are looking for a volunteer to help with filming of the games using the camera we normally try to set up level with the 6 yard line. (Couldn't do that on Saturday as there were nae seats!). Would like to have that camera panning rather than be static. Anyone interested or knows anyone who could  help please PM me.

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

Its usually the run up to christmas and New year that shakes our league out, a lot of heavy pitches and windswept playing surfaces make it easy to drop points, especially if you get a couple of called off games/ fixture backlog. We are in a good spot of form at the moment, so its pretty important we get as many points on the board as possible.

I would like the top 4 you highlight but Airdire/Peterhead should be in the mixer. I think Clyde showed enough against Falkirk that they could push on aswell. 

Can we have a GoPro just facing the fans to get fan reactions.

This will be both great and hilarious [emoji23][emoji23]

EFtv are looking for a volunteer to help with filming of the games using the camera we normally try to set up level with the 6 yard line. (Couldn't do that on Saturday as there were nae seats!). Would like to have that camera panning rather than be static. Anyone interested or knows anyone who could  help please PM me.

3 hours ago, FullTimePint said:

I would like the top 4 you highlight but Airdire/Peterhead should be in the mixer. I think Clyde showed enough against Falkirk that they could push on aswell. 

I would put Dumbarton and Airdrie down a peg, and Peterhead and Clyde down another.

East Fife are the in form team, for now, and look to have the ability to go the distance, but...

Falkirk are a dogs dinner because of a weak coaching choice and confused players, if they get it straight, they have the power.

Forfar look pretty steady.

Raith are hurt badly by injuries reducing player choices.

Those four seem to me to be the cream in League One.

Dumbarton is all over, up and down...now, if Duffy can get them signing from the same hymnal, they can step up.

Airdrie are a bit confusing to me, I’m not really sure where they are, and neither are they.

Peterhead and Clyde have made a nice start...let’s see how the next couple of months go.